Skip to content

Squealing Steelers

The Browns Board
233 31 8.1k
  • @the-gipper said:

    I have no proof....other than the incessant whining about it by yinzers. It is anecdotal proof.

    I admit it... I had to google "yinzer"...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly

    @tour2ma said:

    I admit it... I had to google "yinzer"...

    hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha

    We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...

  • @vagitron said:

    I think a lot of that has to do with corporate accounts and season tickets. Steelers tickets aren't cheap, ever. Release those same tickets to the general masses and the seats would never be empty. I honestly wish there were a rule in place with season tickets. If seats are left empty for x amount of time you should be forced to relinquish them the following season. Outside of extreme circumstances of course.

    Excuses, excuses. All other teams sell tickets to corporate accounts. All other teams tickets aren't cheap, ever......in fact....since they are so expensive....why the fuck would the guys that invest so much in them not use them?

    And FYI, those tickets certainly are released to the public through the secondary market.

    And I don't know how you could have a rule that a person must use the seat he paid for or lose them. I can buy a classic car and not be forced to actually put it on the road. I would think those persons owning those seats would sell them to someone who would want to use them....or give them away.

    Maybe...in fact.. there is just not that much interest in going to Steeler games. 11.2% no show rate would seem to indicate that.

    (and if the losing continues, I can only foresee that figure going higher)

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron

    @the-gipper said:

    Excuses, excuses. All other teams sell tickets to corporate accounts. All other teams tickets aren't cheap, ever......in fact....since they are so expensive....why the fuck would the guys that invest so much in them not use them?

    And FYI, those tickets certainly are released to the public through the secondary market.

    And I don't know how you could have a rule that a person must use the seat he paid for or lose them. I can buy a classic car and not be forced to actually put it on the road. I would think those persons owning those seats would sell them to someone who would want to use them....or give them away.

    Maybe...in fact.. there is just not that much interest in going to Steeler games. 11.2% no show rate would seem to indicate that.

    (and if the losing continues, I can only foresee that figure going higher)

    Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion. The classic car argument is also a terrible one. A classic car can sit for ages if properly stored get a tune up and go. There are only so many home games per season and people not going are just throwing away money. My classic car is costing me at most a limited mileage insurance policy per month. Terrible comparison.
  • @tour2ma said:

    I admit it... I had to google "yinzer"...

    hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha

    We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha

    We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...

    Not everyone says yinz in Pittsburgh. I dont, my mom and sister refrain as well. My dad says it on occasion and it has a proper origin so it's less slang than people make it out to be..

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    And Gipper you are a ridiculous wind bag. I tone my insults way down as a matter of self preservation. If I said what I really wanted to say I'd get banned all the time. You really do think you are gods gift to humanity and its hysterical.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Excuses, excuses. All other teams sell tickets to corporate accounts. All other teams tickets aren't cheap, ever......in fact....since they are so expensive....why the fuck would the guys that invest so much in them not use them?

    And FYI, those tickets certainly are released to the public through the secondary market.

    And I don't know how you could have a rule that a person must use the seat he paid for or lose them. I can buy a classic car and not be forced to actually put it on the road. I would think those persons owning those seats would sell them to someone who would want to use them....or give them away.

    Maybe...in fact.. there is just not that much interest in going to Steeler games. 11.2% no show rate would seem to indicate that.

    (and if the losing continues, I can only foresee that figure going higher)

    Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion. The classic car argument is also a terrible one. A classic car can sit for ages if properly stored get a tune up and go. There are only so many home games per season and people not going are just throwing away money. My classic car is costing me at most a limited mileage insurance policy per month. Terrible comparison.
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.

    I don't argue with your math, though I may argue with your facts.The Browns have a much larger stadium. There is greater availability. If your numbers are right...that would be a big factor. But lets face it.....apparently the price of the secondary market for Steeler tickets must be too high, if you figures are correct.....because apparently no one is buying them.

    You have an 11.2% no show rate in a very small stadium. The Browns have a 2.7% no show rate in a much larger stadium.

    That is the bottom line.

    The classic car argument is also a terrible one. A classic car can sit for ages if properly stored get a tune up and go. There are only so many home games per season and people not going are just throwing away money. My classic car is costing me at most a limited mileage insurance policy per month. Terrible comparison.

    OK, whatever......the point is....actually YES Steeler fans ARE throwing money away. They aren't going to games they paid for at a rate 4 times higher than Browns fans.

  • And Gipper you are a ridiculous wind bag. I tone my insults way down as a matter of self preservation. If I said what I really wanted to say I'd get banned all the time. You really do think you are gods gift to humanity and its hysterical.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    And Gipper you are a ridiculous wind bag. I tone my insults way down as a matter of self preservation. If I said what I really wanted to say I'd get banned all the time. You really do think you are gods gift to humanity and its hysterical.

    Well, you got a couple of things right: I am hysterical, and I am God's gift to humanity.

    But, honestly Sonny Jim, you really don't think you are up to a slam contest with me do you? You know this board, they wouldn't censor you for a simple insult. That is a pure excuse for inferiority in that realm.

  • @mudfly said:

    hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha

    We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...

    Not everyone says yinz in Pittsburgh. I dont, my mom and sister refrain as well. My dad says it on occasion and it has a proper origin so it's less slang than people make it out to be..

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Not everyone says yinz in Pittsburgh.

    ...never said they did...

  • @vagitron said:

    Not everyone says yinz in Pittsburgh.

    ...never said they did...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    ...never said they did...

    Sometimes they say "youze".

  • @vagitron said:

    And Gipper you are a ridiculous wind bag. I tone my insults way down as a matter of self preservation. If I said what I really wanted to say I'd get banned all the time. You really do think you are gods gift to humanity and its hysterical.

    Well, you got a couple of things right: I am hysterical, and I am God's gift to humanity.

    But, honestly Sonny Jim, you really don't think you are up to a slam contest with me do you? You know this board, they wouldn't censor you for a simple insult. That is a pure excuse for inferiority in that realm.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, you got a couple of things right: I am hysterical, and I am God's gift to humanity.

    But, honestly Sonny Jim, you really don't think you are up to a slam contest with me do you? You know this board, they wouldn't censor you for a simple insult. That is a pure excuse for inferiority in that realm.

    I don't have cheerleaders here. You do

  • @mudfly said:

    hahaha....my father in law was from the Penn hills and said "yins" all the time......yins going to the store??....hahaha

    We tried to educate him on proper english, but that appalachian upbringing prevented that from happening....nice guy tho...

    Not everyone says yinz in Pittsburgh. I dont, my mom and sister refrain as well. My dad says it on occasion and it has a proper origin so it's less slang than people make it out to be..

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    ...my mom and sister...

    Sorry, but someone need to ask...same person?

    😉

  • @vagitron said:

    ...my mom and sister...

    Sorry, but someone need to ask...same person?

    😉

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    Sorry, but someone need to ask...same person?

    😉

    Clearly not, btw, since the conjugation of 'to refrain' is in the plural. It's just a joke.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again, the size of the stadium dictates the total attendance. I don't know the capacity of Pickle and Ketchup Field, but it is one of the smallest in the NFL. So total attendance is a non sequiter.

    No, the key figure on that board is the no show rate. At 11.2% the Steelers have the 5th highest no show rate. Only Washington, Miami, St. Louis, and Oakland are worse.

    Compare, the Browns are at 2.7%.

    I think a lot of that has to do with corporate accounts and season tickets. Steelers tickets aren't cheap, ever. Release those same tickets to the general masses and the seats would never be empty. I honestly wish there were a rule in place with season tickets. If seats are left empty for x amount of time you should be forced to relinquish them the following season. Outside of extreme circumstances of course.
    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @vagitron said:

    I think a lot of that has to do with corporate accounts and season tickets. Steelers tickets aren't cheap, ever. Release those same tickets to the general masses and the seats would never be empty. I honestly wish there were a rule in place with season tickets. If seats are left empty for x amount of time you should be forced to relinquish them the following season. Outside of extreme circumstances of course.

    That's an issue anywhere guy. It totally burns me to look at the Club Level on a perfect 70 degree day, and see empty seats. That you have the money to not use a pair of $500 tickets is mind blowing to me. The Browns even have a program where you can donate your unused seats back to the Browns, take a full charitable deduction on them- and the team gives them to underprivileged inner city youths- supervised of course.

  • @vagitron said:

    I think a lot of that has to do with corporate accounts and season tickets. Steelers tickets aren't cheap, ever. Release those same tickets to the general masses and the seats would never be empty. I honestly wish there were a rule in place with season tickets. If seats are left empty for x amount of time you should be forced to relinquish them the following season. Outside of extreme circumstances of course.

    That's an issue anywhere guy. It totally burns me to look at the Club Level on a perfect 70 degree day, and see empty seats. That you have the money to not use a pair of $500 tickets is mind blowing to me. The Browns even have a program where you can donate your unused seats back to the Browns, take a full charitable deduction on them- and the team gives them to underprivileged inner city youths- supervised of course.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    That's an issue anywhere guy. It totally burns me to look at the Club Level on a perfect 70 degree day, and see empty seats. That you have the money to not use a pair of $500 tickets is mind blowing to me. The Browns even have a program where you can donate your unused seats back to the Browns, take a full charitable deduction on them- and the team gives them to underprivileged inner city youths- supervised of course.

    I'd be tempted to make those tickets an 'opt-in' for season ticket holders. So for each game you can say "yes I'll be there" and if you hear nothing by Saturday night,you give the tickets away.

  • @vagitron said:

    I think a lot of that has to do with corporate accounts and season tickets. Steelers tickets aren't cheap, ever. Release those same tickets to the general masses and the seats would never be empty. I honestly wish there were a rule in place with season tickets. If seats are left empty for x amount of time you should be forced to relinquish them the following season. Outside of extreme circumstances of course.

    That's an issue anywhere guy. It totally burns me to look at the Club Level on a perfect 70 degree day, and see empty seats. That you have the money to not use a pair of $500 tickets is mind blowing to me. The Browns even have a program where you can donate your unused seats back to the Browns, take a full charitable deduction on them- and the team gives them to underprivileged inner city youths- supervised of course.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    That's an issue anywhere guy. It totally burns me to look at the Club Level on a perfect 70 degree day, and see empty seats. That you have the money to not use a pair of $500 tickets is mind blowing to me. The Browns even have a program where you can donate your unused seats back to the Browns, take a full charitable deduction on them- and the team gives them to underprivileged inner city youths- supervised of course.

    Awesome the browns do that and I totally agree. However I still stand by the fact that steelers tickets aren't cheap as a reason for the no show rate being near 12%. Although because the steelers have been in a lull period I'm sure that isn't helping either. Pittsburgh fans have been spoiled rotten.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, you got a couple of things right: I am hysterical, and I am God's gift to humanity.

    But, honestly Sonny Jim, you really don't think you are up to a slam contest with me do you? You know this board, they wouldn't censor you for a simple insult. That is a pure excuse for inferiority in that realm.

    I don't have cheerleaders here. You do

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    I don't have cheerleaders here. You do

    What I have are people that recognize how thorough, accurate, knowledgeable I am. And how humorous I can be, and how my rapier like wit can rape you with sarcasm.

    If you want to call them cheerleaders, perhaps it is because they know the winning side.

    Besides...I actually DO have a cheerleader on my side. My daughter is the lead cheerleader for her college team.

    Screen%2BShot%2B2013-09-20%2Bat%2B11.25.

  • @hoorta said:

    That's an issue anywhere guy. It totally burns me to look at the Club Level on a perfect 70 degree day, and see empty seats. That you have the money to not use a pair of $500 tickets is mind blowing to me. The Browns even have a program where you can donate your unused seats back to the Browns, take a full charitable deduction on them- and the team gives them to underprivileged inner city youths- supervised of course.

    Awesome the browns do that and I totally agree. However I still stand by the fact that steelers tickets aren't cheap as a reason for the no show rate being near 12%. Although because the steelers have been in a lull period I'm sure that isn't helping either. Pittsburgh fans have been spoiled rotten.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @vagitron said:

    Awesome the browns do that and I totally agree. However I still stand by the fact that steelers tickets aren't cheap as a reason for the no show rate being near 12%. Although because the steelers have been in a lull period I'm sure that isn't helping either. Pittsburgh fans have been spoiled rotten.

    Except though, I think that no show rate goes back to years even when they were championship contenders. (though I am not sure where to get the data.....maybe ESPN archives).

    No, I think Ghoolie is right. Support for the Steelers is really soft.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Excuses, excuses. All other teams sell tickets to corporate accounts. All other teams tickets aren't cheap, ever......in fact....since they are so expensive....why the fuck would the guys that invest so much in them not use them?

    And FYI, those tickets certainly are released to the public through the secondary market.

    And I don't know how you could have a rule that a person must use the seat he paid for or lose them. I can buy a classic car and not be forced to actually put it on the road. I would think those persons owning those seats would sell them to someone who would want to use them....or give them away.

    Maybe...in fact.. there is just not that much interest in going to Steeler games. 11.2% no show rate would seem to indicate that.

    (and if the losing continues, I can only foresee that figure going higher)

    Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion. The classic car argument is also a terrible one. A classic car can sit for ages if properly stored get a tune up and go. There are only so many home games per season and people not going are just throwing away money. My classic car is costing me at most a limited mileage insurance policy per month. Terrible comparison.
    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by Erie Dawg

    @vagitron said:

    Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.

    I found 4 tickets for the steeler-Texans game @ 18.50 a piece in about 30 seconds, now what's your excuse? And most everything else you said is 90% horseshit.
  • @vagitron said:

    Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.

    I found 4 tickets for the steeler-Texans game @ 18.50 a piece in about 30 seconds, now what's your excuse? And most everything else you said is 90% horseshit.
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @erie-dawg said:

    I found 4 tickets for the steeler-Texans game @ 18.50 a piece in about 30 seconds, now what's your excuse? And most everything else you said is 90% horseshit.

    Is that in Pittsburgh, or in Houston?

  • @erie-dawg said:

    I found 4 tickets for the steeler-Texans game @ 18.50 a piece in about 30 seconds, now what's your excuse? And most everything else you said is 90% horseshit.

    Is that in Pittsburgh, or in Houston?

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Is that in Pittsburgh, or in Houston?

    Pittsburgh
  • @vagitron said:

    Tickets on the secondary market are over 100 dollars a piece with the more realistic territory of 150 or more per ticket. I can go to a browns game for less than 20. If you can't see the difference you cant be reasoned with and I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.

    I found 4 tickets for the steeler-Texans game @ 18.50 a piece in about 30 seconds, now what's your excuse? And most everything else you said is 90% horseshit.
    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @erie-dawg said:

    I found 4 tickets for the steeler-Texans game @ 18.50 a piece in about 30 seconds, now what's your excuse? And most everything else you said is 90% horseshit.

    Bleachers? I forgot they added those this season or I at least think they did. Link me to the tickets.