Skip to content

Thoughts on the Brownsboard Tailgate

The Browns Board
23 11 1.2k
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #1

    1. It was so excellent to meet all of you guys, finally! What a bunch of good guys.

    Thanks for the eats !

    2. Thanks to Canton Mike for his extra ticket and the ride, too fast, to the tailgate.

    We were running just a bit late - he had to cut up his fudge.

    3. The "green" porta-potti was impressive. It isn't portable, it's just near the port.

    4. Whenever I might make another tailgate - I'll bring food, too.

    5. I know I goof off on the board a lot, but meeting you guys in person rocks.

    6. I didn't get to meet Stan, because I heard he did a drive by, and couldn't afford

    the $5 parking fee. Maybe we can take up a collection for him....@@

    7. Kinda dramatic to have the tailgate under the bridge.

    8. One guy said he'd be there, but didn't make it. Steve didn't get there, either.

    But I heard he had a touch of malaria and couldn't bring himself to leave home.

    9. Yes, I like my root beer. Thought I was kidding, eh?

    10. Sorry if I missed meeting anybody. I had a great time.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Good to meet you and Canton Mike as well..along with Furnier who I had never met before.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #3

    Cal, it was great to FINALLY meet you and Mike, we had a great turnout and lots of fun ... until those five minutes of the game put everyone into a deep depression.

    Oh well, we will keep bringing it, and hopefully the browns will soon too!

    Zombo

    1379612_10152293754430952_88246665776152

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I wasn't there very long, but it was good to see everyone and meet some new faces!

  • 1. It was so excellent to meet all of you guys, finally! What a bunch of good guys.

    Thanks for the eats !

    2. Thanks to Canton Mike for his extra ticket and the ride, too fast, to the tailgate.

    We were running just a bit late - he had to cut up his fudge.

    3. The "green" porta-potti was impressive. It isn't portable, it's just near the port.

    4. Whenever I might make another tailgate - I'll bring food, too.

    5. I know I goof off on the board a lot, but meeting you guys in person rocks.

    6. I didn't get to meet Stan, because I heard he did a drive by, and couldn't afford

    the $5 parking fee. Maybe we can take up a collection for him....@@

    7. Kinda dramatic to have the tailgate under the bridge.

    8. One guy said he'd be there, but didn't make it. Steve didn't get there, either.

    But I heard he had a touch of malaria and couldn't bring himself to leave home.

    9. Yes, I like my root beer. Thought I was kidding, eh?

    10. Sorry if I missed meeting anybody. I had a great time.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @calfoxwc said:

    7. Kinda dramatic to have the tailgate under the bridge.

    Due to pigeons?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Vaportrail - I'm sorry I ever argued with you about anything on the Brownsboard in the past,

    after meeting you at the tailgate. lol.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Due to pigeons? Tour

    ***************************************

    Nah, just due to the imposing architecture. I dodged the pigeons,

    and once moved Canton Mike's excellent fudge just in time......

    I might have a new knee in Dec, but I still dodge quick.

  • HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Was a great morning at the lot as ever, it was nice to take some time away from being defeated for the 6th straight year in Cornhole to meet members CalFox and CantonMike for the first time. As always that morning is too busy and full of shots to recall it all with clarity but if I spoke to you I hope I wasn't an ass and if I was I blame it on Hoorta's orange shit (and the cocktails from guardian, and the Wild Turkey shots, and the pumpkin shots, and the ghost chilli lager and the other purveyors of fine memory erasers.)

    You're all awesome folks and true friends.

    As for the game, we'll get 'em next year.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I thoroughly enjoyed the Tailgate, mostly for the opportunity to put faces with names of those I have come to respect a great deal on this board.

    I just hope that, next year, Mik, Steve & many others can make it. This will be an annual event for me. I hope to bring my Daughter, Maggie, & Son-in-Law, Ryan, (both season ticket holders) as they would fit in very well.

    Thanks for the warm welcome!

    Mike

  • Vaportrail - I'm sorry I ever argued with you about anything on the Brownsboard in the past,

    after meeting you at the tailgate. lol.

    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @calfoxwc said:

    Vaportrail - I'm sorry I ever argued with you about anything on the Brownsboard in the past,

    after meeting you at the tailgate. lol.

    lol, no need to apologize, it's all in fun. If I can make it up for another game this year, I'll definitely stick around for the tailgate.

  • Was a great morning at the lot as ever, it was nice to take some time away from being defeated for the 6th straight year in Cornhole to meet members CalFox and CantonMike for the first time. As always that morning is too busy and full of shots to recall it all with clarity but if I spoke to you I hope I wasn't an ass and if I was I blame it on Hoorta's orange shit (and the cocktails from guardian, and the Wild Turkey shots, and the pumpkin shots, and the ghost chilli lager and the other purveyors of fine memory erasers.)

    You're all awesome folks and true friends.

    As for the game, we'll get 'em next year.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #11

    @howiedawg said:

    Was a great morning at the lot as ever, it was nice to take some time away from being defeated for the 6th straight year in Cornhole to meet members CalFox and CantonMike for the first time. As always that morning is too busy and full of shots to recall it all with clarity but if I spoke to you I hope I wasn't an ass and if I was I blame it on Hoorta's orange shit (and the cocktails from guardian, and the Wild Turkey shots, and the pumpkin shots, and the ghost chilli lager and the other purveyors of fine memory erasers.)

    You're all awesome folks and true friends.

    As for the game, we'll get 'em next year.

    Howie, we're going to get them this year. I'm thinking we're close against the good teams- we should be able to beat most of the bad ones. That's the recipe to make the playoffs.

    As always- great to hang out with you, G-Man, Z, Mark, and the rest of the crew for a couple of days. Though I think Gareth's taste buds are so tuned into Guiness, he can't appreciate any other stout.

    Sad Steve couldn't make it- and Atenears couldn't afford the $5 parking fee. MikToxic has to be on the short list of invitees next year.

    Cal & Mike- now you know- don't be strangers. Vapor Trail- keep on studying. 'Ballpeen, you driving fool, hope to see you for the Texans game. 🙂

  • Was a great morning at the lot as ever, it was nice to take some time away from being defeated for the 6th straight year in Cornhole to meet members CalFox and CantonMike for the first time. As always that morning is too busy and full of shots to recall it all with clarity but if I spoke to you I hope I wasn't an ass and if I was I blame it on Hoorta's orange shit (and the cocktails from guardian, and the Wild Turkey shots, and the pumpkin shots, and the ghost chilli lager and the other purveyors of fine memory erasers.)

    You're all awesome folks and true friends.

    As for the game, we'll get 'em next year.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @howiedawg said:

    Was a great morning at the lot as ever, it was nice to take some time away from being defeated for the 6th straight year in Cornhole to meet members CalFox and CantonMike for the first time. As always that morning is too busy and full of shots to recall it all with clarity but if I spoke to you I hope I wasn't an ass and if I was I blame it on Hoorta's orange shit (and the cocktails from guardian, and the Wild Turkey shots, and the pumpkin shots, and the ghost chilli lager and the other purveyors of fine memory erasers.)

    You're all awesome folks and true friends.

    As for the game, we'll get 'em next year.

    God, don't mention that ghost chili lager. That is some of the nastiest shit I have ever had. That was worse than Ballpeen's red shit......which we did not have to endure this year either.

  • @howiedawg said:

    Was a great morning at the lot as ever, it was nice to take some time away from being defeated for the 6th straight year in Cornhole to meet members CalFox and CantonMike for the first time. As always that morning is too busy and full of shots to recall it all with clarity but if I spoke to you I hope I wasn't an ass and if I was I blame it on Hoorta's orange shit (and the cocktails from guardian, and the Wild Turkey shots, and the pumpkin shots, and the ghost chilli lager and the other purveyors of fine memory erasers.)

    You're all awesome folks and true friends.

    As for the game, we'll get 'em next year.

    God, don't mention that ghost chili lager. That is some of the nastiest shit I have ever had. That was worse than Ballpeen's red shit......which we did not have to endure this year either.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    God, don't mention that ghost chili lager. That is some of the nastiest shit I have ever had. That was worse than Ballpeen's red shit......which we did not have to endure this year either.

    If that was the stuff that tasted like some Goofball took a handful of habanero peppers, pureed it into some barley malt and then fermented it. You're right.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #14

    That type of beer isn't meant for the over 50 crowd.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I thought it was good...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Root beer is the way to go. You miss out on all the really bad tasting stuff.

    Discretion is the better part of valor...

  • I thought it was good...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mark-o said:

    I thought it was good...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Just tell me this was NOT one of our guys...

    post-2853-0-10529600-1411691262_thumb.jpg

  • That type of beer isn't meant for the over 50 crowd.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    That type of beer isn't meant for the over 50 crowd.

    That type of beer shouldn't be meant for anyone who isn't a masochist. I like hot in Mexican food, but that beer had damn near the heat of swilling some straight habanero mash.

  • Just tell me this was NOT one of our guys...

    post-2853-0-10529600-1411691262_thumb.jpg

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    Just tell me this was NOT one of our guys...

    @tour2ma said:

    Just tell me this was NOT one of our guys...

    I believe that is Walter.