Brian Hoyer is the reason we're losing...
-
I was about to tell you to choke on a dick and die. But you tricked me!
Facts and logic do not work on the johhny cock suckers. There's no hope for them.
-
Look. I'll be the first to say I like the Johnny Manziel pick. I will also say that I agree with the Browns going with Hoyer as the starter given the glimpse we saw of him last season. Not to mention he is a hometown guy, which is a cool back story itself. We don't need to kill another QB by putting him in before he is ready, something this franchise has been notorious for doing since they returned in 1999. I'm hoping for a scenario down the road similar to Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers, Joe Montana/Steve Young. In short, let Johnny sit, learn and develop.
-
Stats don't win games.
Ask Lebron.
-
according to a bunch of fucking idiots.
Passing Yards: 12th
TD's: T-18th
Interceptions: T-1st
Completion Percentage: 16th
Passer Rating: 10th
Yards/Attempt: 12th
Yards/Game: 15th
Longest Pass: 6th
Hoyer is in the top half of the league in nearly every common QB metric.
Meanwhile, our defense is sucking hind teat:
Yds/Game: 31st
Yds/Play: 32nd
3rd down %: 18th
1st downs: 30th
Pts/game: 24th
according to a bunch of fucking idiots.
Passing Yards: 12th
TD's: T-18th
Interceptions: T-1st
Completion Percentage: 16th
Passer Rating: 10th
Yards/Attempt: 12th
Yards/Game: 15th
Longest Pass: 6th
Hoyer is in the top half of the league in nearly every common QB metric.
Meanwhile, our defense is sucking hind teat:
Yds/Game: 31st
Yds/Play: 32nd
3rd down %: 18th
1st downs: 30th
Pts/game: 24th
Amazingly third-down percentage is the best number and it was one of the defenses biggest weaknesses last year.
-
Stats don't win games.
Ask Lebron.
Stats don't win games.
Ask Lebron.
Hype doesn't win either.
-
It isn't Hoyer. The D is just not playing up to snuff. And the one play JM was involved actually worked well except the rook West was somehow flagged. Too bad. Mo was on our side at that point.
-
Stats don't win games.
Ask Lebron.
Stats don't win games.
Ask Lebron.
And college hype doesn't win in the NFL either. Just ask Jamarcus Russell.
Manziel has potential, but as long as Hoyer is playing like he is, Johnny Football sits. Get used to the idea.
-
according to a bunch of fucking idiots.
Passing Yards: 12th
TD's: T-18th
Interceptions: T-1st
Completion Percentage: 16th
Passer Rating: 10th
Yards/Attempt: 12th
Yards/Game: 15th
Longest Pass: 6th
Hoyer is in the top half of the league in nearly every common QB metric.
Meanwhile, our defense is sucking hind teat:
Yds/Game: 31st
Yds/Play: 32nd
3rd down %: 18th
1st downs: 30th
Pts/game: 24th
according to a bunch of fucking idiots.
Excellent slight of hand...
Do you do kids' birthday parties?
-
It isn't Hoyer. The D is just not playing up to snuff. And the one play JM was involved actually worked well except the rook West was somehow flagged. Too bad. Mo was on our side at that point.
It isn't Hoyer. The D is just not playing up to snuff. And the one play JM was involved actually worked well except the rook West was somehow flagged. Too bad. Mo was on our side at that point.
So are you a browns fan or riding the hoyer train?
-
manziel himself prefers this current arrangement so the issue is moot. I'm really starting to like that kid btw. It really looks like he gets it now. Being a rockstar in the NFL takes time and dedication and right now he's in a good spot where there's no pressure on him and he can go out when the coach wants to dial up a special play..and just play free. All the pressure is on Hoyer and he's playing like iceman. Hoyer is the starter for the rest of the season even if we continue to lose. I only see JF getting a few starts towards the end of the season when it doesn't matter..just so we see his progress.
-
Stats don't win games.
Ask Lebron.
Stats don't win games.
Ask Lebron.
There's a newly listed, life size Johnny Football sex doll on eBay............... and it has a Buy-It-Now option!! You better hurry, before it's gone.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I think Hoyer has done a very good job. He has given the team a chance to win in every game. He is protecting the ball and managing the offense.
Yesterdays game falls on the special teams. Billy used to kick for the Cowboys years ago and he sucked. Yesterday confirms that he still sucks.
A few things i didnt like. Gabriel has to score on the deep pass.He falls down for no reason and was too slow to run into the endzone. Haden reminds me of Newman. Great corner until someone tests them last in games. The Manziel trick play...really? You spent time practicing a play that was illegal? Come on Shanny, thats amature shit. Miles still looks great.
I just said this same thing to my brother on a short ride in the car today. Seriously how the F does our OC not know a play he puts in and spends practice time on is illegal?? That is some dime store amateur crap
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I think Hoyer has done a very good job. He has given the team a chance to win in every game. He is protecting the ball and managing the offense.
Yesterdays game falls on the special teams. Billy used to kick for the Cowboys years ago and he sucked. Yesterday confirms that he still sucks.
A few things i didnt like. Gabriel has to score on the deep pass.He falls down for no reason and was too slow to run into the endzone. Haden reminds me of Newman. Great corner until someone tests them last in games. The Manziel trick play...really? You spent time practicing a play that was illegal? Come on Shanny, thats amature shit. Miles still looks great.
I just said this same thing to my brother on a short ride in the car today. Seriously how the F does our OC not know a play he puts in and spends practice time on is illegal?? That is some dime store amateur crap
Seriously how the F does our OC not know a play he puts in and spends practice time on is illegal?? That is some dime store amateur crap
.. or our HC... or...
I think it was Wilbon that called it a High School play today on PTI.
Play like a Brown needs to start with Play-calling like a Brown.
-
most of my complaints thus far come from the sidelines.
everyone wants to bitch about haden gilbert the run D blah blah blah...
but pettine supposedly earned his keep calling great defensive schemes. with the talent we have on paper he is not (or o'brien as well) to that end of the stick.
shanny has an ego problem and if he doesn't stop trying to out do every other OC with some stupid calls he needs a stern talking too.
i trust this staff has it in them to turn it around and i think haslam knows now that he has to give a staff more than one year to prove themselves.
really though we've been at the cusp of being great for 3-4 years now and no one seems to be able to pull each side of the ball together to get us over the hump.
a couple of plays this way and that and we are 3-0. but that has been said for the last couple of years as well.
time for someone to STOP THE FUCKING NONSENSE.
-
It isn't Hoyer. The D is just not playing up to snuff. And the one play JM was involved actually worked well except the rook West was somehow flagged. Too bad. Mo was on our side at that point.
So are you a browns fan or riding the hoyer train?
So are you a browns fan or riding the hoyer train?
I'm a Browns fan and Hoyer is doing exactly what staff is asking of him. So the answer is both. This was a very winable game and we did not lose because of QB play. It was a team effort.
I am very disappointed the D is not playing as well as I expected. But Pettine being a D coach I expect that to change in short order. I expect a rook like Gilbert to struggle in year one. I did not expect Haden would struggle as much considering the contract he got and said he would live up to. Right now that isn't happening.
Also could someone explain to me how the trick play was illegal? Why did the refs cite West and not JM or the bench if it was illegal?
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I think Hoyer has done a very good job. He has given the team a chance to win in every game. He is protecting the ball and managing the offense.
Yesterdays game falls on the special teams. Billy used to kick for the Cowboys years ago and he sucked. Yesterday confirms that he still sucks.
A few things i didnt like. Gabriel has to score on the deep pass.He falls down for no reason and was too slow to run into the endzone. Haden reminds me of Newman. Great corner until someone tests them last in games. The Manziel trick play...really? You spent time practicing a play that was illegal? Come on Shanny, thats amature shit. Miles still looks great.
I just said this same thing to my brother on a short ride in the car today. Seriously how the F does our OC not know a play he puts in and spends practice time on is illegal?? That is some dime store amateur crap
I just said this same thing to my brother on a short ride in the car today. Seriously how the F does our OC not know a play he puts in and spends practice time on is illegal?? That is some dime store amateur crap
Although I was totally against it, to be fair even the commentators mentioned the rule they broke was a really obscure unknown one. The refs on the field didn't call it and it took an expert several minutes later to even bring it up. Again though, I don't understand why Shanny doesn't just keep damn momentum going sometimes. You want to try something like that early in the first quarter or when you need a spark down a couple TD's? Fine. But don't interrupt a well-oiled offense to be cute.
-
So are you a browns fan or riding the hoyer train?
I'm a Browns fan and Hoyer is doing exactly what staff is asking of him. So the answer is both. This was a very winable game and we did not lose because of QB play. It was a team effort.
I am very disappointed the D is not playing as well as I expected. But Pettine being a D coach I expect that to change in short order. I expect a rook like Gilbert to struggle in year one. I did not expect Haden would struggle as much considering the contract he got and said he would live up to. Right now that isn't happening.
Also could someone explain to me how the trick play was illegal? Why did the refs cite West and not JM or the bench if it was illegal?
Also could someone explain to me how the trick play was illegal? Why did the refs cite West and not JM or the bench if it was illegal?
Apparently you're not allowed to line up within 15(?) yards of the sidelines when in front of the benches - that is, within the 30 yard lines.
I'd never heard of the rule, and the refs basically forgot about it, I think.
-
156 pass attempts without a pick.
290 yds against the Ravens.
No Josh Gordon.
Hoyer is playing well enough to stick around IMO. No way in hell Johnny plays this consistent when he does get his chance, it would help if Hoyer can be good for another 2-3 years and then develop Johnny Football in that timetable.
Still early in the year tho -
@everlastingxxx said:
I think Hoyer has done a very good job. He has given the team a chance to win in every game. He is protecting the ball and managing the offense.
Yesterdays game falls on the special teams. Billy used to kick for the Cowboys years ago and he sucked. Yesterday confirms that he still sucks.
A few things i didnt like. Gabriel has to score on the deep pass.He falls down for no reason and was too slow to run into the endzone. Haden reminds me of Newman. Great corner until someone tests them last in games. The Manziel trick play...really? You spent time practicing a play that was illegal? Come on Shanny, thats amature
shit. Miles still looks great.
Another classic shan-anigan
-
I like shanny though. I hope he sticks around
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login