Skip to content

Gotham

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
6 5 700
  • So did anybody watch the premiere of Gotham last night? I recorded it and just finished watching. Didn't know what to expect but this series kicks ass so far.

    the main character is comissioner Jim Gordon back when he was a detective in the beginnings of the crime syndicate and criminals we've grown to know. His first case is figuring out who exactly killed Bruce Wayne's parents.

    WSS

  • No, but I have watched Strain, Dominion, The Leftovers and a few more. Also Legend. All are pretty good actually.

  • Are those all Fox series? There are a few on Netflix I would like to see but its starting to get overwhelming. I started Bates Motel but it's kind of dragging by the third episode so... Black sails was a disappointment. I am about halfway through Breaking Bad and am glad that I finally took the bait! Still have three or four seasons of Game of Thrones recorded. Also sons of anarchy justified house of cards the following coming out. So little time to sit on my fat ass and watch TV all day!

    🙂

    WSS

  • I did see the first episode of Gotham. Unlike other TV shows based on Superheros, in Batman there is no supernatural powers involved. Just stealth and technology. In this show the technology hasn't come about, so it basically comes off as an old fashioned police potboiler.....which is fine, and this works.

    That was what we liked about A Walk Amongst the Tombstones.

  • Are those all Fox series? There are a few on Netflix I would like to see but its starting to get overwhelming. I started Bates Motel but it's kind of dragging by the third episode so... Black sails was a disappointment. I am about halfway through Breaking Bad and am glad that I finally took the bait! Still have three or four seasons of Game of Thrones recorded. Also sons of anarchy justified house of cards the following coming out. So little time to sit on my fat ass and watch TV all day!

    🙂

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Are those all Fox series? There are a few on Netflix I would like to see but its starting to get overwhelming. I started Bates Motel but it's kind of dragging by the third episode so... Black sails was a disappointment. I am about halfway through Breaking Bad and am glad that I finally took the bait! Still have three or four seasons of Game of Thrones recorded. Also sons of anarchy justified house of cards the following coming out. So little time to sit on my fat ass and watch TV all day!

    🙂

    WSS

    House of Cards and Justified I completely endorse. Sons of Anarchy jumped the shark eventually. I am glad they are finally putting it to rest. It got cartoony pretty quick.

  • Gotham is going to be darker it seems than the Batman movies. No superheroes or super powers.