Winning Recipe Scorecard
-
A lot of discussions about ills, pleasant surprises, etc.
There is a purported recipe or "formula" for winning in the NFL. It most commonly includes the following four points:
- Run
- Stop the run
- Protect the passer
- Pressure the passer
Run - B-
We're 10th in YPG
Tate plus more hurry-up... Where was the pace vs. BLT?
Stop the run - F+
5th worst YPG average in league.
4-3 is best Rx I can come up with...
Protect the passer - A-
We're T-10th having allowed 5 sacks.
Stay with mix of PAP and the above mentioned pace...
Pressure the passer - C-
Tied for 18th in sacks; total of 11 QB hurries*.
--See "Run" Rx above--
======
*Best source for QB Hurries I find is http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/defensive-hurries/2014/ It only lists individual players, so I only tallied AFCN...
Bengals: 12 (Geno has 5)
Browns: 11 (Sheard and Skrine lead with 2/ea)
Ravens: 5 (Dumervil 2)
Steelers: 8 (Keisel 2)
Looks like SD leads with 20. SEA has only 5? NO has 19?
-
I came here looking for a better chocolate fudge recipe. What's this shit?

-
Good post, I've been trying to tell my dad all this year that the key to a great offense is an effective run game. Although I'd grade the run higher than a B-, it's really exciting to see we have 3 potential solid RB's who can get good yards. One thing I think is really understated for a RB is the ability to "fall forward". That extra half yard from not being stood up can be the difference in winning and losing, and I'd say on the whole each guy does that.
I can look it up but what is our YPC this year? It has to be over 4.0 I'm guessing.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login