Skip to content

Release the Hounds!

The Browns Board
18 12 974
  • I'd say we need more upbeat stuff around here. Good job !

  • Love it! Great read! I echo your sentiments...

    Go Browns!!

  • PG,

    WOW! I just love your post. Perfectly stated!

    I will add one thing. My wife & I went to our favorite restaurant/bar last night. The General Mgr there & I have developed a nice friendship, even though he is a lifelong Steelers' Fan. Eric came to our table & said, "Mike, I don't want to play you guys again!".

    That's a nice compliment that shows we are earning respect around the league.

    Mike

  • PG,

    WOW! I just love your post. Perfectly stated!

    I will add one thing. My wife & I went to our favorite restaurant/bar last night. The General Mgr there & I have developed a nice friendship, even though he is a lifelong Steelers' Fan. Eric came to our table & said, "Mike, I don't want to play you guys again!".

    That's a nice compliment that shows we are earning respect around the league.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    PG,

    WOW! I just love your post. Perfectly stated!

    I will add one thing. My wife & I went to our favorite restaurant/bar last night. The General Mgr there & I have developed a nice friendship, even though he is a lifelong Steelers' Fan. Eric came to our table & said, "Mike, I don't want to play you guys again!".

    That's a nice compliment that shows we are earning respect around the league.

    Mike

    My step-brother is a die-hard Tennessee fan, and he has already told me he is expecting the "L" in 2 weeks when we meet. He is not excited to watch West/Crowell and he already said they don't have anybody that can cover Cameron or Hawkins... In years past, he has done nothing but trash talk... not so much this year.

  • I'm ready to sail the Good Ship Cleveland this season, we will finish at least 8-8, at least. Is that enough? Is that what I want? No. but - how amazing is it that we have taken three recent superbowl teams to the last snap, this from a team that wasn't going to score shit this season. I know the losses hurt, sunday especially as it was my only game of the season to attend, but damn, we have the pieces - it's about alignment now.

    I put the emphasis on the shoulders of our coaches from here in. O looks great despite not having our big hitter and a bunch of weapons I took the piss out of before the season. The D needs some changing up - I'm not convinced we are playing to the players strengths at LB and our CBs need to adjust to this years' emphasis (like the league's Elite CBs are having to do) But do I feel they want to win - shit yes.

    This has also become Brian Hoyer's team. The dude is smart and performing incredibly well considering that it's less than a year since his knee got mashed and had to deal with JF coming to town. He has earned the right to be the leader he wanted to be. The fact that the O has outshone the D will only serve to give them the energy they need to combat their weaknesses - let's face it, Brian Hoyer has given the D 30% more sideline time on average than last season. I believe they want to make the adjustments to make big plays to honour the production from the O.

    I can't compete on X's & O's like some here can - but I have never seen a team become winners from purely X's and O's - success comes from belief first, mindset after failure and then strategy and technique. The worm is turning and I'm all aboard this ship. Pettine, we sit on your shoulders here - make the right choices.

  • Speaking of "Jump Kicks", Antonio Brown was fined just a little over $8,000 for purposely kicking another player in the head. In all my years of watching football that was the dirtiest play I have ever seen. That made Ndamukong Sue's dirty plays look tame. Antonio Brown better look out when he comes to Cleveland. And Roger Goodell needs to be canned for not even suspending this guy. Since when is it acceptable to drop kick another person's head.

  • We don't have guys that will retaliate for our punter.

  • Speaking of "Jump Kicks", Antonio Brown was fined just a little over $8,000 for purposely kicking another player in the head. In all my years of watching football that was the dirtiest play I have ever seen. That made Ndamukong Sue's dirty plays look tame. Antonio Brown better look out when he comes to Cleveland. And Roger Goodell needs to be canned for not even suspending this guy. Since when is it acceptable to drop kick another person's head.

    @opal312 said:

    Speaking of "Jump Kicks", Antonio Brown was fined just a little over $8,000 for purposely kicking another player in the head. In all my years of watching football that was the dirtiest play I have ever seen. That made Ndamukong Sue's dirty plays look tame. Antonio Brown better look out when he comes to Cleveland. And Roger Goodell needs to be canned for not even suspending this guy. Since when is it acceptable to drop kick another person's head.

    I can think of a lot dirtier plays, but he deserved the fine...

    It was for kicking, Lanning our punter in Week 1.

    The NFL's "wheels-of-justice" turn slow... or fast.. or sometimes not at all...

  • PG,

    WOW! I just love your post. Perfectly stated!

    I will add one thing. My wife & I went to our favorite restaurant/bar last night. The General Mgr there & I have developed a nice friendship, even though he is a lifelong Steelers' Fan. Eric came to our table & said, "Mike, I don't want to play you guys again!".

    That's a nice compliment that shows we are earning respect around the league.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    PG,

    WOW! I just love your post. Perfectly stated!

    I will add one thing. My wife & I went to our favorite restaurant/bar last night. The General Mgr there & I have developed a nice friendship, even though he is a lifelong Steelers' Fan. Eric came to our table & said, "Mike, I don't want to play you guys again!".

    That's a nice compliment that shows we are earning respect around the league.

    Mike

    @tour2ma said:

    I can think of a lot dirtier plays, but he deserved the fine...

    It was for kicking, Lanning our punter in Week 1.

    The NFL's "wheels-of-justice" turn slow... or fast.. or sometimes not at all...

    But you could tell it was deliberate. There was absolutely no reason for it. At least he drew a flag.

  • Po, I know you've caught a lot of flack on here the past few years, but I can't tell you how happy I am that you've stuck around. You're one of the few that have kept this board worth reading, especially with all these new Debbie downers that have recently joined.

    Keep up the good work my man.

  • Thanks Poe, very nice read!

  • What HowieDawg said.

    +1

  • @canton-mike said:

    PG,

    WOW! I just love your post. Perfectly stated!

    I will add one thing. My wife & I went to our favorite restaurant/bar last night. The General Mgr there & I have developed a nice friendship, even though he is a lifelong Steelers' Fan. Eric came to our table & said, "Mike, I don't want to play you guys again!".

    That's a nice compliment that shows we are earning respect around the league.

    Mike

    @tour2ma said:

    I can think of a lot dirtier plays, but he deserved the fine...

    It was for kicking, Lanning our punter in Week 1.

    The NFL's "wheels-of-justice" turn slow... or fast.. or sometimes not at all...

    But you could tell it was deliberate. There was absolutely no reason for it. At least he drew a flag.

    @opal312 said:

    But you could tell it was deliberate. There was absolutely no reason for it. At least he drew a flag.

    Yup... what started as a misjudged hurdle changed as Brown kicked forward just prior to impact. It was absolutely deliberate... said so at the time and argued he should have been ejected.

    League needs to explain why there's a difference between a kick and a punch... or a "stomp"...

  • Thanks for all the positive feedback Dawgpound, it means a lot!

    I just watched this and I though that it went well with this thread.