Skip to content

might move back to Ohio

Barber Shop Talk
51 12 2.3k
  • How is east Cleveland?

    @lbc-mike said:

    How is east Cleveland?

    East Cleveland is the hood. There are some nice suburbs east like Beachwood, Lyndhurst, etc. I wouldn't move to the city. Brecksville is nice. Broadview Heights. North Royalton. Depends on how much you want to spend. Brecksville/Broadview Heights and North Royalton also have very good schools.

  • Stay out of East cleveland and sadly cleveland heights

  • If you have a girl I'd stay out of shaker as well

  • We are planning this out. We are looking at relocating in about a year.

  • If you have a girl I'd stay out of shaker as well

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    If you have a girl I'd stay out of shaker as well

    Both Cleveland Hts and Shaker Hts. were premier areas when I lived up that way....35 years ago. The big mansions are still there.

    Why would those communities now be places to stay away from? Or is that just west side bias. Sorry, but, to me, the west side suburbs were no where near as interesting as the east side suburbs.

  • They're going to hell Gipper. Have you not been there in 35 years?

  • The east side sucks big time. Beachwood and pepper pike are still alright I guess.

  • I'll throw in with Gipper about Wadsworth (also Medina). For families, not only great schools, but the Medina County Parks are among the finest I have seen

    Mike

  • I like fishing and hunting and green trees. Lol thanks for all the insight guys

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    If you have a girl I'd stay out of shaker as well

    Both Cleveland Hts and Shaker Hts. were premier areas when I lived up that way....35 years ago. The big mansions are still there.

    Why would those communities now be places to stay away from? Or is that just west side bias. Sorry, but, to me, the west side suburbs were no where near as interesting as the east side suburbs.

    @the-gipper said:

    Both Cleveland Hts and Shaker Hts. were premier areas when I lived up that way....35 years ago. The big mansions are still there.

    Why would those communities now be places to stay away from? Or is that just west side bias. Sorry, but, to me, the west side suburbs were no where near as interesting as the east side suburbs.

    Shaker and Cleveland heights are right on the border of the hood. Lot has changed in 35 years.

  • if I may add a good word for the city of Norton Ohio. Conveniently located to route 76 east and west 77 north route 21 and around 10 miles from the somewhat upscale areas of Fair Lawn West Akron and Bath Township which have a few better restaurants.

    Summit county taxes are somewhat better than Medina County, for what it's worth and Norton schools are very good, if not flashy.

    Fairlawn or Bath themselves would be fine places to live.

    From there you can easily get to Cleveland or its south west suburbs or 15 minutes to Medina.

    of course one thing to be said for East Cleveland with your 200 K equity you could probably buy an entire city block...

    🙂

    WSS

  • if I may add a good word for the city of Norton Ohio. Conveniently located to route 76 east and west 77 north route 21 and around 10 miles from the somewhat upscale areas of Fair Lawn West Akron and Bath Township which have a few better restaurants.

    Summit county taxes are somewhat better than Medina County, for what it's worth and Norton schools are very good, if not flashy.

    Fairlawn or Bath themselves would be fine places to live.

    From there you can easily get to Cleveland or its south west suburbs or 15 minutes to Medina.

    of course one thing to be said for East Cleveland with your 200 K equity you could probably buy an entire city block...

    🙂

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    if I may add a good word for the city of Norton Ohio. Conveniently located to route 76 east and west 77 north route 21 and around 10 miles from the somewhat upscale areas of Fair Lawn West Akron and Bath Township which have a few better restaurants.

    Summit county taxes are somewhat better than Medina County, for what it's worth and Norton schools are very good, if not flashy.

    Fairlawn or Bath themselves would be fine places to live.

    From there you can easily get to Cleveland or its south west suburbs or 15 minutes to Medina.

    of course one thing to be said for East Cleveland with your 200 K equity you could probably buy an entire city block...

    🙂

    WSS

    cool. On zillow now checking things out.

  • I said this earlier, but the eastside suburbs have HORRIBLE traffic. Unless you get out east of I 271. But that's big money out there.

    If you like hunting and fishing though, Medina county would be good. Taxes are way lower there. And there is still plenty of land to be had. Lorain county used to be like that, but it is getting over-developed rather quickly.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Both Cleveland Hts and Shaker Hts. were premier areas when I lived up that way....35 years ago. The big mansions are still there.

    Why would those communities now be places to stay away from? Or is that just west side bias. Sorry, but, to me, the west side suburbs were no where near as interesting as the east side suburbs.

    Shaker and Cleveland heights are right on the border of the hood. Lot has changed in 35 years.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Shaker and Cleveland heights are right on the border of the hood. Lot has changed in 35 years.

    I agree. Especially Cleveland Hts. They have had numerous murders there in the last couple weeks.

  • if I may add a good word for the city of Norton Ohio. Conveniently located to route 76 east and west 77 north route 21 and around 10 miles from the somewhat upscale areas of Fair Lawn West Akron and Bath Township which have a few better restaurants.

    Summit county taxes are somewhat better than Medina County, for what it's worth and Norton schools are very good, if not flashy.

    Fairlawn or Bath themselves would be fine places to live.

    From there you can easily get to Cleveland or its south west suburbs or 15 minutes to Medina.

    of course one thing to be said for East Cleveland with your 200 K equity you could probably buy an entire city block...

    🙂

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    if I may add a good word for the city of Norton Ohio. Conveniently located to route 76 east and west 77 north route 21 and around 10 miles from the somewhat upscale areas of Fair Lawn West Akron and Bath Township which have a few better restaurants.

    Summit county taxes are somewhat better than Medina County, for what it's worth and Norton schools are very good, if not flashy.

    Fairlawn or Bath themselves would be fine places to live.

    From there you can easily get to Cleveland or its south west suburbs or 15 minutes to Medina.

    of course one thing to be said for East Cleveland with your 200 K equity you could probably buy an entire city block...

    🙂

    WSS

    You could live near Lebron. He lives in Bath. So did Mike Tyson.

    200k could buy the ENTIRE city of East Cleveland

  • @the-gipper said:

    Both Cleveland Hts and Shaker Hts. were premier areas when I lived up that way....35 years ago. The big mansions are still there.

    Why would those communities now be places to stay away from? Or is that just west side bias. Sorry, but, to me, the west side suburbs were no where near as interesting as the east side suburbs.

    Shaker and Cleveland heights are right on the border of the hood. Lot has changed in 35 years.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Shaker and Cleveland heights are right on the border of the hood. Lot has changed in 35 years.

    They were on the border then too. I lived on N. Moreland, right at Shaker Square. In Cleveland proper. I had my car broken into.

  • I said this earlier, but the eastside suburbs have HORRIBLE traffic. Unless you get out east of I 271. But that's big money out there.

    If you like hunting and fishing though, Medina county would be good. Taxes are way lower there. And there is still plenty of land to be had. Lorain county used to be like that, but it is getting over-developed rather quickly.

    @browns149 said:

    I said this earlier, but the eastside suburbs have HORRIBLE traffic. Unless you get out east of I 271. But that's big money out there.

    If you like hunting and fishing though, Medina county would be good. Taxes are way lower there. And there is still plenty of land to be had. Lorain county used to be like that, but it is getting over-developed rather quickly.

    If LBC wanted to hunt near home, then neither Cuyahoga nor Summit County would suffice. Medina County is some areas would.

    Wayne Co. would even be better. That is easily accessible from either Wadsworth or Norton.

    Of course, for the fishing, the question is what kind of fishing LBC is interested in. Obviously if he wants to fish Lake Erie he could looke along the Lake communities east or west. If he wants pond or river fishing, I am not certain. He may be better off inland, in like Wayne or Portage Cos. Though is there good fishing along the Chagrin/Grand, Rocky Rivers?

    The fishing rivers I have paid attention to lately are the likes of The Big Hole, Gallatin, Madison, Clark Fork.....but those are in Montana.

  • @westside-steve said:

    if I may add a good word for the city of Norton Ohio. Conveniently located to route 76 east and west 77 north route 21 and around 10 miles from the somewhat upscale areas of Fair Lawn West Akron and Bath Township which have a few better restaurants.

    Summit county taxes are somewhat better than Medina County, for what it's worth and Norton schools are very good, if not flashy.

    Fairlawn or Bath themselves would be fine places to live.

    From there you can easily get to Cleveland or its south west suburbs or 15 minutes to Medina.

    of course one thing to be said for East Cleveland with your 200 K equity you could probably buy an entire city block...

    🙂

    WSS

    You could live near Lebron. He lives in Bath. So did Mike Tyson.

    200k could buy the ENTIRE city of East Cleveland

    @browns149 said:

    You could live near Lebron. He lives in Bath. So did Mike Tyson.

    200k could buy the ENTIRE city of East Cleveland

    Tyson lived in Orwell OH, closer out toward Youngstown. I once went by where he lived.

  • @browns149 said:

    You could live near Lebron. He lives in Bath. So did Mike Tyson.

    200k could buy the ENTIRE city of East Cleveland

    Tyson lived in Orwell OH, closer out toward Youngstown. I once went by where he lived.

    @the-gipper said:

    Tyson lived in Orwell OH, closer out toward Youngstown. I once went by where he lived.

    He also had a home in Bath

  • @browns149 said:

    I said this earlier, but the eastside suburbs have HORRIBLE traffic. Unless you get out east of I 271. But that's big money out there.

    If you like hunting and fishing though, Medina county would be good. Taxes are way lower there. And there is still plenty of land to be had. Lorain county used to be like that, but it is getting over-developed rather quickly.

    If LBC wanted to hunt near home, then neither Cuyahoga nor Summit County would suffice. Medina County is some areas would.

    Wayne Co. would even be better. That is easily accessible from either Wadsworth or Norton.

    Of course, for the fishing, the question is what kind of fishing LBC is interested in. Obviously if he wants to fish Lake Erie he could looke along the Lake communities east or west. If he wants pond or river fishing, I am not certain. He may be better off inland, in like Wayne or Portage Cos. Though is there good fishing along the Chagrin/Grand, Rocky Rivers?

    The fishing rivers I have paid attention to lately are the likes of The Big Hole, Gallatin, Madison, Clark Fork.....but those are in Montana.

    @the-gipper said:

    If LBC wanted to hunt near home, then neither Cuyahoga nor Summit County would suffice. Medina County is some areas would.

    Wayne Co. would even be better. That is easily accessible from either Wadsworth or Norton.

    Of course, for the fishing, the question is what kind of fishing LBC is interested in. Obviously if he wants to fish Lake Erie he could looke along the Lake communities east or west. If he wants pond or river fishing, I am not certain. He may be better off inland, in like Wayne or Portage Cos. Though is there good fishing along the Chagrin/Grand, Rocky Rivers?

    The fishing rivers I have paid attention to lately are the likes of The Big Hole, Gallatin, Madison, Clark Fork.....but those are in Montana.

    It is against the law to discharge a firearm in Cuyahoga county, so no hunting there. Not sure about Summit county, but I know you can hunt in Medina county.