Skip to content

RB Glenn Winston in a Browns uniform

The Browns Board
50 14 1.6k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Glenn who? Had not heard of him. Had no idea he was on 53 man roster. Mind boggling that we are carrying three rookie RBs on the active roster.

    And does not appear Glenn is a Special Teamer of any note... 0 tackles anyway...

    Amazing that Farmer refers to, if not quotes, Walter... twice...

    - " Patrick Peterson, 'He's a bust, he's not good enough.' "

    - "At the time we took him, there was a lot of discussion as to who Joel Bittonio was and why did we pick him over someone else."

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #5

    we're carrying 4 RB's?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #6

    How bout trading one of those or releasing one to free up a spot for a 4th OLB'er? We need one more guy in that rotation although I personally would love to see what Armonty would do out there.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #7

    We are carrying five running backs ... don't forget Manziel

    Zombo

  • We are carrying five running backs ... don't forget Manziel

    Zombo

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Zombo said:

    We are carrying five running backs ... don't forget Manziel

    Zombo

    And I thought he was a receiver....

  • Zombo said:

    We are carrying five running backs ... don't forget Manziel

    Zombo

    And I thought he was a receiver....

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @mudfly said:

    And I thought he was a receiver....

    Not to hijack the thread with Johnny, but he made a great, running, one-handed grab on that toss from Hoyer. The guy is so athletic, I am up for using him anyway we can.

    Zombo

    --I'm sure there is a thread about this, I am three pages behind, don't get pissed at me, mods

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I liked it too.....last week was THE week for QB's catching.....JFF, Dalton & Wilson all hauled one in.....

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #11

    On an aside, I think Johnny should be holding on kicks too.....why not?.....I bet he coulda run that botched snap in.....and he opens a LOT of doors for 2 point conversions and fake FG's cause he can run and throw.....

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Tale of the Tape

    Taylor Gabriel, 5,8 167 lb, 4.4 40 time, trips and falls down when he catches balls.

    Johnny Manziel, 6'0 210 lb, one handed grabs in stride with plenty of YAC

    Do we have the wrong guy as our #3 receiver?

    Zombo

  • On an aside, I think Johnny should be holding on kicks too.....why not?.....I bet he coulda run that botched snap in.....and he opens a LOT of doors for 2 point conversions and fake FG's cause he can run and throw.....

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @mudfly said:

    On an aside, I think Johnny should be holding on kicks too.....why not?.....I bet he coulda run that botched snap in.....and he opens a LOT of doors for 2 point conversions and fake FG's cause he can run and throw.....

    I thought of that too, especially after seeing Spencer Lanning's running skills and bobbled holds.

    Zombo

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Tebow-lite?

  • XanthrosX Xanthros wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Johnny is smarter than Tebow. He just wants to get on the field any way he can...

  • Johnny is smarter than Tebow. He just wants to get on the field any way he can...

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @xanthros said:

    Johnny is smarter than Tebow. He just wants to get on the field any way he can...

    Give him the water bottle carrier thingy

  • On an aside, I think Johnny should be holding on kicks too.....why not?.....I bet he coulda run that botched snap in.....and he opens a LOT of doors for 2 point conversions and fake FG's cause he can run and throw.....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mudfly said:

    On an aside, I think Johnny should be holding on kicks too.....why not?...

    Because he'd bail on the play too quickly?

    Because he hasn't gotten to the "placeholder" section of the playbook yet?

    Just spitballin' here... 😉

  • @mudfly said:

    And I thought he was a receiver....

    Not to hijack the thread with Johnny, but he made a great, running, one-handed grab on that toss from Hoyer. The guy is so athletic, I am up for using him anyway we can.

    Zombo

    --I'm sure there is a thread about this, I am three pages behind, don't get pissed at me, mods

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Zombo said:

    Not to hijack the thread with Johnny, but he made a great, running, one-handed grab on that toss from Hoyer. The guy is so athletic, I am up for using him anyway we can.

    Zombo

    --I'm sure there is a thread about this, I am three pages behind, don't get pissed at me, mods

    That was a nice one handed grab

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I thought this thread was about a fourth running back. What was his name again?

  • I thought this thread was about a fourth running back. What was his name again?

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @lbc-mike said:

    I thought this thread was about a fourth running back. What was his name again?

    Ben Tate. I think.

  • dawgpound101D dawgpound101 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I see this topic went sideways. I for one want to see what we can do with him...If pettine thinks he has more talent then the babybacks...could be interesting down the road.

  • Tale of the Tape

    Taylor Gabriel, 5,8 167 lb, 4.4 40 time, trips and falls down when he catches balls.

    Johnny Manziel, 6'0 210 lb, one handed grabs in stride with plenty of YAC

    Do we have the wrong guy as our #3 receiver?

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Sideways? As in "off-the-rails"?

    First time for everything... 😉

    Zombo said:

    Tale of the Tape

    Johnny Manziel, 6'0 210 lb, one handed grabs in stride with plenty of YAC

    True Tale of the Tape... thumb off scales and wedges out of shoes...

    5'11-1/2 191 lb...

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214
    #23

    I saw a few clips of him in preseason. One game he hit the hole and took it to the house for like 30 yards.

    (edit) here it is...http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000383224/Winston-27-yard-touchdown-run

    Nothing fancy, but its nice to see a back hit a hole hard and not tap dance around...

    Good size. Good pickup off another teams practice squad. Probably wouldn't have been on their practice squad if they didn't have Gore AND Carlos...

    I don't really think carrying 4 RB with Ben Tate on the roster is a bad thing. Tate didn't make it out of the first game, so if Crowell or West goes down, you are down to one back without him.