Skip to content

Teddy Twatwater...

The Browns Board
92 28 3.7k
  • @jrb12711 said:

    Do you even realize how stupid what you said is? Let's start with the fact that you blatantly contradict yourself above. I don't do this on the site often, but let's go down the list of a few recent burnout QB's and their first career starts:

    Jamarcus Russel: 74.2% completion, 225 yds, 1td, 91.3 QB rating

    Brady Quinn: 65.7% completion, 239 yds, 2 tds, 104.3! QB rating

    Matt Leinart: 62.3% completion, 232 yds, 2tds, 91.7 rating.

    Bridgewater first start: 63.3% completion, 317 yds, 98.9 QB rating

    So, Jamarcus Russel had a higher completion% and our pretty boy Quinn had a higher rating than your love child did in his first career start. But please, keep telling me how it's stupid to say making too much out of one start is short-sighted. I'm sure Russell would love having that conversation with you over some purple drank.

    Do you guys major in stupid?

    Where did I mention completion percentage, yards, and qb rating? What the fuck?

    It's called reading defenses pre-snap and reading coverages post-snap.

    Throwing a ton of bubble screens and only having one read doesn't mean you can read defenses and coverages.

    Oh, and DieHard. Fuck you, punk!

    @vers said:

    Do you guys major in stupid?

    Where did I mention completion percentage, yards, and qb rating? What the fuck?

    It's called reading defenses pre-snap and reading coverages post-snap.

    Throwing a ton of bubble screens and only having one read doesn't mean you can read defenses and coverages.

    Oh, and DieHard. Fuck you, punk!

    So your response to facts and data is to call me stupid? I hope for the sake of humanity your role in life isn't making big decisions. I imagine you are also the type to start creating names for children with a girl on the first date. Are you even a Browns fan? Do you recall Derek Anderson? He went to the pro bowl for God's sake and then in many statistical categories was the worst QB in Browns history. But, I'm sure you as a casual fan can tell after one start Teddy's ability to read defenses will make him great. Give me a break. To your other comment about not just throwing bubble screens: firstly, I'll patiently wait for you to show that all rookie QB's throw bubble screen and don't "read defenses"

    Bridgewater passing stats:

    Passes thrown behind line of scrimmage: 22/50

    Passes thrown between 1-10 yards: 12/50

    I'll do the basic math since I'm fairly certain you can't: That means 68% of his passes were short throws, and 44% were screens or throws that didn't require a read. But that is going to be wrong too right somehow and doesn't completely derail the dumb points you make?

    The funny part is I actually think he will be solid, but jumping to conclusions on a small sample is one of the most fundamentally moronic things one can possibly do.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Do you even realize how stupid what you said is? Let's start with the fact that you blatantly contradict yourself above. I don't do this on the site often, but let's go down the list of a few recent burnout QB's and their first career starts:

    Jamarcus Russel: 74.2% completion, 225 yds, 1td, 91.3 QB rating

    Brady Quinn: 65.7% completion, 239 yds, 2 tds, 104.3! QB rating

    Matt Leinart: 62.3% completion, 232 yds, 2tds, 91.7 rating.

    Bridgewater first start: 63.3% completion, 317 yds, 98.9 QB rating

    So, Jamarcus Russel had a higher completion% and our pretty boy Quinn had a higher rating than your love child did in his first career start. But please, keep telling me how it's stupid to say making too much out of one start is short-sighted. I'm sure Russell would love having that conversation with you over some purple drank.

    Do you guys major in stupid?

    Where did I mention completion percentage, yards, and qb rating? What the fuck?

    It's called reading defenses pre-snap and reading coverages post-snap.

    Throwing a ton of bubble screens and only having one read doesn't mean you can read defenses and coverages.

    Oh, and DieHard. Fuck you, punk!

    @vers said:

    Do you guys major in stupid?

    Where did I mention completion percentage, yards, and qb rating? What the fuck?

    It's called reading defenses pre-snap and reading coverages post-snap.

    Throwing a ton of bubble screens and only having one read doesn't mean you can read defenses and coverages.

    Oh, and DieHard. Fuck you, punk!

    Tough guy, lol. Go back to the other board. Oh wait, you were banned from there. No surprise with what an asshole you are.

  • So what is this Vers guy's bag? Just a malcontent or angry Bilgewater fan?

    WSS

  • @tml1138 said:

    Yes, of course Bridgewater could turn out better. My point was NFL team experts didn't think so. Perhaps due to not only his poor pro day showing, but maybe issues of durability as well. VikesGuy is arguing that point. But really none of us know, we are just making predictions.

    So far he's had an ankle injury after just under 7 quarters of game time. Bad enough that he's questionable to play this week vs GB, and hasn't practiced.

    Some of these experts had Manziel at number 1 overall. That is now borderline comical. If the draft was held today, he won't even be selected in the top 3 rounds.

    @masterdog said:

    Some of these experts had Manziel at number 1 overall. That is now borderline comical. If the draft was held today, he won't even be selected in the top 3 rounds.

    I did not want Manziel and I would take that action. And if you gave me odds, I would stipulate Round 1...

  • @au165 said:

    Kelvin Benjamin and it isn't even close.

    If Bridgewater starts the whole season it won't even be close. This is a QB's league.

    VikesGay05 said:

    If Bridgewater starts the whole season it won't even be close. This is a QB's league.

    Don't you need to start more than one consecutive game to qualify for "whole season"?

    Z

  • Need a mercy rule ... 42-0 in the third quarter ... Vikings tackle like pussies, I wish we played them Crowell would get 200.

    Z

  • Need a mercy rule ... 42-0 in the third quarter ... Vikings tackle like pussies, I wish we played them Crowell would get 200.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Need a mercy rule ... 42-0 in the third quarter ... Vikings tackle like pussies, I wish we played them Crowell would get 200.

    Z

    Nice and easy eliminator pick this week. I took GB

  • Need a mercy rule ... 42-0 in the third quarter ... Vikings tackle like pussies, I wish we played them Crowell would get 200.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Need a mercy rule ... 42-0 in the third quarter ... Vikings tackle like pussies, I wish we played them Crowell would get 200.

    Z

    i sat lacy in my fantasy league for crowell. now i hear tate is getting the majority of the snaps.

    summa bitch.

  • I'm sorry for rehashing an old post, but can we please bring this back to call out the douche canoes saying bridgewater was the 2nd coming after one start? Dude threw 3 int's and had a QB rating of 2.5 yesterday.

  • Just like everyone was saying his game against Atlanta was ONE game...

    His game against Detroit was also ONE game...

  • Goodbye Horses

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Goodbye Horses

    HA! didn't see this before. great reference. "i'd fuck me, i'd fuck me hard.: -buffallo bill.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I'm sorry for rehashing an old post, but can we please bring this back to call out the douche canoes saying bridgewater was the 2nd coming after one start? Dude threw 3 int's and had a QB rating of 2.5 yesterday.

    yes we can. masterdog and walterwhiter, i'm so goddamn glad you are not scouts for the cleveland browns....fucking hilarious. walter, just tell me who you're picking in a game (besides cleveland) and i'll go against you every time. you couldn't pick out a dirty pair of socks from a clean pair.

    keep believing ADOUG.

    where's the viking fan?

  • They seem to have crawled under the dumpster with a bottle of MD 20 20.

  • Just like everyone was saying his game against Atlanta was ONE game...

    His game against Detroit was also ONE game...

    @adoug319 said:

    Just like everyone was saying his game against Atlanta was ONE game...

    His game against Detroit was also ONE game...

    You know what? I 110% agree with what you're saying, and I've said all along that I think the guy has the tools to be a good QB. But read through this thread and you'll see why I felt the need to bring this back.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Goodbye Horses

    HA! didn't see this before. great reference. "i'd fuck me, i'd fuck me hard.: -buffallo bill.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I'm sorry for rehashing an old post, but can we please bring this back to call out the douche canoes saying bridgewater was the 2nd coming after one start? Dude threw 3 int's and had a QB rating of 2.5 yesterday.

    yes we can. masterdog and walterwhiter, i'm so goddamn glad you are not scouts for the cleveland browns....fucking hilarious. walter, just tell me who you're picking in a game (besides cleveland) and i'll go against you every time. you couldn't pick out a dirty pair of socks from a clean pair.

    keep believing ADOUG.

    where's the viking fan?

    @miktoxic said:

    HA! didn't see this before. great reference. "i'd fuck me, i'd fuck me hard.: -buffallo bill.

    yes we can. masterdog and walterwhiter, i'm so goddamn glad you are not scouts for the cleveland browns....fucking hilarious. walter, just tell me who you're picking in a game (besides cleveland) and i'll go against you every time. you couldn't pick out a dirty pair of socks from a clean pair.

    keep believing ADOUG.

    where's the viking fan?

    Did you see the way Detroit manhandled te vikings O-line? They were walking through the vikings line on 3 man rushes. I doubt any qb would've had a good game with the way their line played. Just saying