Skip to content

Titans week.....finally

The Browns Board
51 24 2.3k
  • Ok....it's Monday, which means it's officially Titans week...

    Our first game that we are "supposed" to win.....(feels good being the favorite for once)

    Hoping the Brownies step up and own their opponent. Would really like to see, not just a victory, but a totally convincing one.....in all 3 phases.....

    I want 30 points from the O.....

    I want dominant D......plus sacks.....plus a pick or 2.....

    And I want some fecking quality special teams play.....how about Gilbert and Moore ripping off a few returns?....

    Realistically, this is what I want every week.....but it would be a nice way to start a run, which is there for the taking.....

  • Unfortunately we very seldom with without causing a few coronaries.

  • no doubt....decided on the last play 3 weeks in a row.....

    It's time for that to change.....(please)....

  • I am expecting a win. It's going to be tough as they all are, but after a bye week I expect much better defensive play. I am expecting a 10pt win.

  • Actually the Titans are 1pt favorites, no respect for us as ever.

  • TN Defense:

    YPG - 22nd vs. run (127.0) they do not give up long runs; and

    ..... 9th vs. the pass (225.8)... they do not give up the deep ball.

    PPG - T-27 allowing 27.5.

    Disclipline... discipline... discipline... no unforced penalties...

    Pound the rock and grind up the clock.

    Mix in PAP as needed, but layoff the Hurry-up... and the trickeration...

    Keep their D on the field and give ours as much of Sunday off as we can.

    They will try to do the same.

    We just need to do it better...

    ... and we should be able to do so.

  • Actually the Titans are 1pt favorites, no respect for us as ever.

    @londonbrown said:

    Actually the Titans are 1pt favorites, no respect for us as ever.

    They are no push over and the spread may be anticipating Locker's return.

  • I do like Mud's Gilbert idea for punt returns...

  • Actually the Titans are 1pt favorites, no respect for us as ever.

    @londonbrown said:

    Actually the Titans are 1pt favorites, no respect for us as ever.

    Oy.....complete bass turds....

    Well then, the Brownies are favorites in my mind....thats good enough for me.....😉

  • I think we will win, we are a good football team. It will only take a small defensive improvement to win,

  • For better or worse, I'm a Browns fan.

    Hope for the best. Expect the worst.

  • Actually the Titans are 1pt favorites, no respect for us as ever.

    @londonbrown said:

    Actually the Titans are 1pt favorites, no respect for us as ever.

    Home teams get 3 pts. in the spread automatically. That means on a neutral field they would expect the Browns to win by 2.

    I understand the no respect. Browns haven't won in forever, and the defense is playing horribly.

    Who is Tits starting QB? Whoever it is that person will not be the quality of BR/Flacco/Brees. Hopefully the defense will improve and show better.

  • For better or worse, I'm a Browns fan.

    Hope for the best. Expect the worst.

    @dste-ace said:

    For better or worse, I'm a Browns fan.

    Hope for the best. Expect the worst.

    Lol...I hear that. We had 2 weeks to fix some things & prepare for a team that's pretty much like the Browns.

    I'm expecting a low-scoring struggle, but we pull it out.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Actually the Titans are 1pt favorites, no respect for us as ever.

    Home teams get 3 pts. in the spread automatically. That means on a neutral field they would expect the Browns to win by 2.

    I understand the no respect. Browns haven't won in forever, and the defense is playing horribly.

    Who is Tits starting QB? Whoever it is that person will not be the quality of BR/Flacco/Brees. Hopefully the defense will improve and show better.

    @the-gipper said:

    Who is Tits starting QB?

    Jake Locker if his wrist will let him play.

    If not, probably ex-LSU rookie, Zach Mettenberger.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who is Tits starting QB?

    Jake Locker if his wrist will let him play.

    If not, probably ex-LSU rookie, Zach Mettenberger.

    @tour2ma said:

    Jake Locker if his wrist will let him play.

    If not, probably ex-LSU rookie, Zach Mettenberger.

    I thought Charlie Whitehurst played Sunday.

    But, if it is Mettenberger....a third rookie now starting (Bortles/Bridgewater)

  • @tour2ma said:

    Jake Locker if his wrist will let him play.

    If not, probably ex-LSU rookie, Zach Mettenberger.

    I thought Charlie Whitehurst played Sunday.

    But, if it is Mettenberger....a third rookie now starting (Bortles/Bridgewater)

    @the-gipper said:

    I thought Charlie Whitehurst played Sunday.

    He did.. and shat in his hat...

  • Another nice twist to this game is Pettines defense vs Ray Hortons defense........bet this is a big one for Horton....will he go crazy and try to pull out all the stops on Hoyer???....

    Will Hoyer slice and dice his defense using last years knowledge?

    An interesting side note for sure.....

  • Actually the Titans are 1pt favorites, no respect for us as ever.

    @londonbrown said:

    Actually the Titans are 1pt favorites, no respect for us as ever.

    The bettors are showing respect as we are now 1 point favorites so a lot of money must of come in on the Browns to swing the line that far already.

  • This game, to me,is huge because we must NOT assume a win & look past the Titans. I would LOVE to see us win big heading into the Steelers' game. A solid win this week will speak volumes for how far we are on the road to success.

    Mike

  • Titans can run the ball, so hopefully your run defense wad properly addressed over the bye and will be shored up come Sunday.

    That being said, I'd expect the Browns to be more fired up than the titans as I feel like the Browns know how good they are/can be where as the titans know they aren't nearly as good. Even if Locker plays, Browns all day, 27-17