Skip to content

2015 NFL draft will be in Chicago

The Browns Board
49 15 1.1k
  • Thoughts?

  • go there and be a richard kimball.

  • only 6 hrs away, I like it

  • Is this part of the NFL plan to hold the draft all over the league?

    Or is this a one time thing?

  • Get the Cubbies on a home stand and it would be a fun weekend visit.

    Z

  • Get the Cubbies on a home stand and it would be a fun weekend visit.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Get the Cubbies on a home stand and it would be a fun weekend visit.

    Z

    I've been to Wrigley Field 3 times. It was always a blast.

  • Cubs suck.

  • You suck. They are the closest thing to The Cleveland Browns in all of professional sports

  • Of course right when I move to New Jersey they move it.

  • You suck. They are the closest thing to The Cleveland Browns in all of professional sports

    @walterwhite said:

    You suck. They are the closest thing to The Cleveland Browns in all of professional sports

    No their fans are actually optimistic and don't call their draft picks bust after 3 games.

  • Is this part of the NFL plan to hold the draft all over the league?

    Or is this a one time thing?

    @browns149 said:

    Is this part of the NFL plan to hold the draft all over the league?

    Or is this a one time thing?

    It's a plan (as there's been bitching for years) to at least move it around to major markets. Radio City Music Hall isn't that huge- so you could make a case you could find a venue in every NFL city big enough to hold it.

    Chicago- 5 hour drive from Dayton. Fun town, been there several times.The only thing that would get me to go back to NYC is a free dinner at Peter Lugers.

  • As I understand it as well, the NFL did *not* like being the priority booking, having been at Radio City for years, only to be moved back a month this year. So they're moving it around to capture other markets, but also potentially as a message to Radio City - I wouldn't be surprised to see them back there full time in the future, at their regular date.

  • yeah there were conflicts in scheduling the draft with radio city this past draft so the NFL is giving them the big F YOU.

    hoorta: yep i think luger's is the best but smith and wollensky comes in at a close second. i'm biased as i used to work a couple of blocks away from grand central and wollensky's was our 'hour-long' ( 😎 ) lunchtime eatery/watering hole.......all on the firm's sleeve.

  • Cubs suck.

    @taco918 said:

    Cubs suck.

    Most baseball fans want to go to Wrigley Field. They don't like the Cubs per se. I'm not a Cubs fan, but Wrigley Field was a must see

  • on the bucket list.

  • I had Wrigley tix for 9/12... timing is everything.

    Love the city...

    ... even the deep dish...

  • My first job out of college was with the airlines, I was based out of Newark. On a day off I would fly to O'Hare in the morning (there was a flight leaving every hour, cost me $5), take the L to Wrigley, drink beer in the sun all day in the Wrigley bleachers, take the L back to the airport, fly home and sleep in my own bed. Loved Wrigley.

    Zombo

  • My first job out of college was with the airlines, I was based out of Newark. On a day off I would fly to O'Hare in the morning (there was a flight leaving every hour, cost me $5), take the L to Wrigley, drink beer in the sun all day in the Wrigley bleachers, take the L back to the airport, fly home and sleep in my own bed. Loved Wrigley.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    My first job out of college was with the airlines, I was based out of Newark. On a day off I would fly to O'Hare in the morning (there was a flight leaving every hour, cost me $5), take the L to Wrigley, drink beer in the sun all day in the Wrigley bleachers, take the L back to the airport, fly home and sleep in my own bed. Loved Wrigley.

    Zombo

    They had planes back then?

    Just glad the draft is back in April. I can see the NFL trying London out one year the way they are going, which FYI, I am totally against.

  • Zombo said:

    My first job out of college was with the airlines, I was based out of Newark. On a day off I would fly to O'Hare in the morning (there was a flight leaving every hour, cost me $5), take the L to Wrigley, drink beer in the sun all day in the Wrigley bleachers, take the L back to the airport, fly home and sleep in my own bed. Loved Wrigley.

    Zombo

    They had planes back then?

    Just glad the draft is back in April. I can see the NFL trying London out one year the way they are going, which FYI, I am totally against.

    @howiedawg said:

    They had planes back then?

    Just glad the draft is back in April. I can see the NFL trying London out one year the way they are going, which FYI, I am totally against.

    I'd love it though 😉

    And yeah they had planes! You know, the ones where you spin the propeller to get it started...

  • @walterwhite said:

    You suck. They are the closest thing to The Cleveland Browns in all of professional sports

    No their fans are actually optimistic and don't call their draft picks bust after 3 games.

    @taco918 said:

    No their fans are actually optimistic and don't call their draft picks bust after 3 games.

    Ouch man. Not all of us do that...