Skip to content

NYC to Cleveland

The Browns Board
134 28 4.9k
  • @upper-lip said:

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.

    Z

    darkside5D darkside5 wrote on last edited by
    #97

    Zombo said:

    Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.

    Z

    Sounds like he may have been rubbed the right way.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.

    Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.

    People in England are rude as shit, have the worst personalities, and have an odd sense of humor.

    Just my unwarranted 2 cents 😐

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @upper-lip said:

    People in England are rude as shit, have the worst personalities, and have an odd sense of humor.

    Just my unwarranted 2 cents 😐

    Right...

  • Zombo said:

    Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #99

    Welcome to CLE! City of magic!

    Cleveland city of light City of magic

    Cleveland city of light You're calling me

    Cleveland, even now I can remember

    'Cause the Cuyahoga River

    Goes smokin' through my dreams

    @upper-lip said:

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Brits are not rude in my experience, but the Scots are warmer... might be the Whiskey.

    I will say that in Britain, Customer Service is "foreign" concept in many businesses.

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by

    My brother lived in Bath for several years and I visited many times. Never felt anyone was rude. Folks seemed about the same to me.

    The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.

  • My brother lived in Bath for several years and I visited many times. Never felt anyone was rude. Folks seemed about the same to me.

    The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @manzier said:

    The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.

    Thus their "friendly" reminders...

    100_2069.jpg

  • Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Zombo said:

    Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    Yes, people in the UK are in general pretty fun and polite, all except of course your gits, prats, wankers, buggerers, your cheeky bastards, duffers, nancy boys, slappers, squidgeys, todgers, whingers,

    In other words: Howie and Gareth. 😆

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    The service and politeness I've received here has been far superior to england so I can understand people thinking we are rude. But that's people in low paid jobs acting out. We are good people.

    This time tomorrow I'll be in Cleveland can't tell you how excited I am. For now im being taken to a 'dive bar' in NYC whatever that means

  • The service and politeness I've received here has been far superior to england so I can understand people thinking we are rude. But that's people in low paid jobs acting out. We are good people.

    This time tomorrow I'll be in Cleveland can't tell you how excited I am. For now im being taken to a 'dive bar' in NYC whatever that means

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    For now im being taken to a 'dive bar' in NYC whatever that means

    It means you're probably about to meet Miktoxic.

    Zombo

  • @londonbrown said:

    For now im being taken to a 'dive bar' in NYC whatever that means

    It means you're probably about to meet Miktoxic.

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    It means you're probably about to meet Miktoxic.

    LMAO... so much for the "politeness"...

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    Smashed drunk about to board a flight, come drink with me people !

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by

    Careful, what ever you do, dont let them know you'redrunk or you might be "unboarding" a flight 😉

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan

    I can see it now: Drunken Englishman forces flight from NYC to CLE to land in Pittsburgh after he cusses out other passengers and he gropes a flight attendant.

  • I can see it now: Drunken Englishman forces flight from NYC to CLE to land in Pittsburgh after he cusses out other passengers and he gropes a flight attendant.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I can see it now: Drunken Englishman forces flight from NYC to CLE to land in Pittsburgh after he cusses out other passengers and he gropes a flight attendant.

    If London ends up in Pittsburgh and is barred from boarding a plane for cursing out all Steelers fans in sight, I will personally drive my happy ass there and pick him up.

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by

    When I fly & drink, I always try to be a very happy drunk. It wins points with the stewardesses every time.

    I usually start with a few harmless terrorist jokes, followed by "is this a bomb in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?"

    Trust me, they LOVE it!!!

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    This is highly enjoyable, keep updating ... and a few Cleveland pics wouldnt hurt.

    Z

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn

    Allow 3 to 4 days transit as you "leave the driving to dem". Suggest you go all inclusive with unlimited box lunches and sunny delight

    greyhound.jpg

  • My brother lived in Bath for several years and I visited many times. Never felt anyone was rude. Folks seemed about the same to me.

    The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @manzier said:

    My brother lived in Bath for several years and I visited many times. Never felt anyone was rude. Folks seemed about the same to me.

    The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.

    Bath! Been there! Lovely town. Seriously splendid. It's basically where Londoners go for extended weekends.

    And visited London. Liked it all very much, but damn was everything expensive.

    I like you people so much l speak your language.

  • Allow 3 to 4 days transit as you "leave the driving to dem". Suggest you go all inclusive with unlimited box lunches and sunny delight

    greyhound.jpg

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @slowburn said:

    Allow 3 to 4 days transit as you "leave the driving to dem". Suggest you go all inclusive with unlimited box lunches and sunny delight

    greyhound.jpg

    Had the displeasure of traveling on these and Trailways a few times in the 70's from NC to Cle.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    I spent half hour in the wrong hotel last night putting my key in the door thinking it was my room. Bourbon shots are not good for me

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by

    u went to the wrong hotel? or just the wrong room? if it was the wrong hotel u mut've took miktoxic's advice an visited the eastside for some crack...lol