NYC to Cleveland
-
Me again..... I am thinking of leaving the Cavs game out. I don't even like basketball and am wondering if there's a good bar to watch the Buckeyes game or college football on the Saturday night?
Where are you staying? If you are downtown there are many, many places you can watch a game. East 4th St. is like nothing now but sports bars.
Where are you staying? If you are downtown there are many, many places you can watch a game. East 4th St. is like nothing now but sports bars.
Beat me too it. 4th would be a good idea. Plus you can stop by the CLE cothing store and get some sweet merch and tee's.
-
I thought the store would be by the stadium?
Any of you around for drinks on Saturday night?
-
I thought the store would be by the stadium?
Any of you around for drinks on Saturday night?
I thought the store would be by the stadium?
Any of you around for drinks on Saturday night?
The CLE clothing store is downtown on East 4th. So if you're in that area (you most likely will be) then you can stop there on Saturday. I have a couple friends that work at The Tap House, I'm not sure if they'll
be on shift Saturday night. I might come up for the Bucks game but that all depends.
-
Ah in England the clothing stores are connected to the soccer stadiums I assumed wrongly it would be the same
-
Ah in England the clothing stores are connected to the soccer stadiums I assumed wrongly it would be the same
Ah in England the clothing stores are connected to the soccer stadiums I assumed wrongly it would be the same
Well the Stadium does have their own pro shops. This is a bit different. Its not Browns exclusive. They have Brownies gear, Tribe, Cavs, 6th city. Basically anything Cleveland. Some good tee shirt ideas, hoodies, etc etc.
-
Ah in England the clothing stores are connected to the soccer stadiums I assumed wrongly it would be the same
Well the Stadium does have their own pro shops. This is a bit different. Its not Browns exclusive. They have Brownies gear, Tribe, Cavs, 6th city. Basically anything Cleveland. Some good tee shirt ideas, hoodies, etc etc.
Well the Stadium does have their own pro shops. This is a bit different. Its not Browns exclusive. They have Brownies gear, Tribe, Cavs, 6th city. Basically anything Cleveland. Some good tee shirt ideas, hoodies, etc etc.
but no soccer gear. sorry. we still hold ourselves to a higher standard.
HA!
-
gotta be in town by now.
Not long now Mik

I am all booked in the Hilton Double Tree, a 10min walk from Downtown but at this stage it was much cheaper than anywhere else. £265 on one site but I found it for £140 on another. Not sure how that works
So I will be in town the weekend of November 15th, I am told Winking Lizard' would be a good spot for Saturday night to watch the Buckeye game? Do many people go out to watch the Buckeyes downtown or will the Cavs game be on instead?
-
gotta be in town by now.
Not long now Mik

I am all booked in the Hilton Double Tree, a 10min walk from Downtown but at this stage it was much cheaper than anywhere else. £265 on one site but I found it for £140 on another. Not sure how that works
So I will be in town the weekend of November 15th, I am told Winking Lizard' would be a good spot for Saturday night to watch the Buckeye game? Do many people go out to watch the Buckeyes downtown or will the Cavs game be on instead?
Not long now Mik

I am all booked in the Hilton Double Tree, a 10min walk from Downtown but at this stage it was much cheaper than anywhere else. £265 on one site but I found it for £140 on another. Not sure how that works
So I will be in town the weekend of November 15th, I am told Winking Lizard' would be a good spot for Saturday night to watch the Buckeye game? Do many people go out to watch the Buckeyes downtown or will the Cavs game be on instead?
Plenty of people go out to watch the Bucks. Northeast Ohio and the Cleveland area is a bastion of Buckeye support. Both games will be on. The lizard is an alright spot. Drinks are a bit, pricey IMHO.
-
Good point my man, how much am I looking it for a beer in most places?
-
Good point my man, how much am I looking it for a beer in most places?
Good point my man, how much am I looking it for a beer in most places?
Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.
Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.
-
Good point my man, how much am I looking it for a beer in most places?
Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.
Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.
Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.
Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.
I wouldn't mind trying some local brews but mainly interested in the place itself.
I go to Germany every year for the beer so will leave that place out this time.
-
A place I might mention is The Rail in North Olmstead, Akron, & Canton. In addition to bottled beer, they have 24 Ohio Craft Beers on tap & samples are free. Their burgers are excellent & all the beef, bacon & other food (I'm pretty sure) is Ohio sourced. TVs for watching games too.
Wherever you end up, one brewery's beers I like is Thirsty Dog from Akron although most popular is probably Great Lakes.
All in all, lots to see & do!
Mike
-
A place I might mention is The Rail in North Olmstead, Akron, & Canton. In addition to bottled beer, they have 24 Ohio Craft Beers on tap & samples are free. Their burgers are excellent & all the beef, bacon & other food (I'm pretty sure) is Ohio sourced. TVs for watching games too.
Wherever you end up, one brewery's beers I like is Thirsty Dog from Akron although most popular is probably Great Lakes.
All in all, lots to see & do!
Mike
A place I might mention is The Rail in North Olmstead, Akron, & Canton. In addition to bottled beer, they have 24 Ohio Craft Beers on tap & samples are free. Their burgers are excellent & all the beef, bacon & other food (I'm pretty sure) is Ohio sourced. TVs for watching games too.
Wherever you end up, one brewery's beers I like is Thirsty Dog from Akron although most popular is probably Great Lakes.
All in all, lots to see & do!
Mike
Good call, man. The Rail slipped my mind. I friend of mine moved to North Olmstead and took us there after we helped him move. All around great place. Didn't have a burger but heard great things.
-
Looks a bit far from downtown on the map?
-
Looks a bit far from downtown on the map?
Looks a bit far from downtown on the map?
I wouldn't say far, but a cab wouldn't hurt either.
If that isn't your thing, then plenty of places surrounding you downtown. -
you've got to be back in london by now????
-
Good point my man, how much am I looking it for a beer in most places?
Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.
Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.
Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.
Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.
There has been a Hofbrau house in Cleveland for eons. I used to go there when I was in law school in the 70s. On upper e.55th. It was not a chain.
-
-
Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.
Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.
I wouldn't mind trying some local brews but mainly interested in the place itself.
I go to Germany every year for the beer so will leave that place out this time.
I wouldn't mind trying some local brews but mainly interested in the place itself.
I go to Germany every year for the beer so will leave that place out this time.
The Winking Lizard Downtown is way OK if you want sort of a Pub atmosphere. And don't sell the local Brew Great Lakes short. In fact- I'd even recommend the short cab ride over to West 25th to check the place out. They've won a ton of national and international awards for their beers. Though I hate to report our other Brits Gareth and Howie find the Edmund Fitzgerald porter, and Blackout Stout "too sweet". Well. if you only favor Guiness- I suppose so.
-
Guinness is a drink fit for a king !
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
