Skip to content

NYC to Cleveland

The Browns Board
134 28 4.9k
  • Good point my man, how much am I looking it for a beer in most places?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @londonbrown said:

    Good point my man, how much am I looking it for a beer in most places?

    Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.

    Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Good point my man, how much am I looking it for a beer in most places?

    Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.

    Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @tiamat63 said:

    Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.

    Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.

    I wouldn't mind trying some local brews but mainly interested in the place itself.

    I go to Germany every year for the beer so will leave that place out this time.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #80

    A place I might mention is The Rail in North Olmstead, Akron, & Canton. In addition to bottled beer, they have 24 Ohio Craft Beers on tap & samples are free. Their burgers are excellent & all the beef, bacon & other food (I'm pretty sure) is Ohio sourced. TVs for watching games too.

    Wherever you end up, one brewery's beers I like is Thirsty Dog from Akron although most popular is probably Great Lakes.

    All in all, lots to see & do!

    Mike

  • A place I might mention is The Rail in North Olmstead, Akron, & Canton. In addition to bottled beer, they have 24 Ohio Craft Beers on tap & samples are free. Their burgers are excellent & all the beef, bacon & other food (I'm pretty sure) is Ohio sourced. TVs for watching games too.

    Wherever you end up, one brewery's beers I like is Thirsty Dog from Akron although most popular is probably Great Lakes.

    All in all, lots to see & do!

    Mike

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @canton-mike said:

    A place I might mention is The Rail in North Olmstead, Akron, & Canton. In addition to bottled beer, they have 24 Ohio Craft Beers on tap & samples are free. Their burgers are excellent & all the beef, bacon & other food (I'm pretty sure) is Ohio sourced. TVs for watching games too.

    Wherever you end up, one brewery's beers I like is Thirsty Dog from Akron although most popular is probably Great Lakes.

    All in all, lots to see & do!

    Mike

    Good call, man. The Rail slipped my mind. I friend of mine moved to North Olmstead and took us there after we helped him move. All around great place. Didn't have a burger but heard great things.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #82

    Looks a bit far from downtown on the map?

  • Looks a bit far from downtown on the map?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #83

    @londonbrown said:

    Looks a bit far from downtown on the map?

    I wouldn't say far, but a cab wouldn't hurt either. 😛 If that isn't your thing, then plenty of places surrounding you downtown.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #84

    you've got to be back in london by now????

  • @londonbrown said:

    Good point my man, how much am I looking it for a beer in most places?

    Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.

    Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @tiamat63 said:

    Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.

    Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.

    There has been a Hofbrau house in Cleveland for eons. I used to go there when I was in law school in the 70s. On upper e.55th. It was not a chain.

  • you've got to be back in london by now????

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @miktoxic said:

    you've got to be back in london by now????

    Just had the 2015 draft 😁

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.

    Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.

    I wouldn't mind trying some local brews but mainly interested in the place itself.

    I go to Germany every year for the beer so will leave that place out this time.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @londonbrown said:

    I wouldn't mind trying some local brews but mainly interested in the place itself.

    I go to Germany every year for the beer so will leave that place out this time.

    The Winking Lizard Downtown is way OK if you want sort of a Pub atmosphere. And don't sell the local Brew Great Lakes short. In fact- I'd even recommend the short cab ride over to West 25th to check the place out. They've won a ton of national and international awards for their beers. Though I hate to report our other Brits Gareth and Howie find the Edmund Fitzgerald porter, and Blackout Stout "too sweet". Well. if you only favor Guiness- I suppose so.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #88

    Guinness is a drink fit for a king !

  • you've got to be back in london by now????

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @miktoxic said:

    you've got to be back in london by now????

    Not long now Mik 🙂

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #90

    Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.

    Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.

  • Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.

    Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.

    upper lipU upper lip wrote on last edited by upper lip
    #91

    @londonbrown said:

    Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.

    Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.

    People in England are rude as shit, have the worst personalities, and have an odd sense of humor.

    Just my unwarranted 2 cents 😐

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #92

    I just moved table so a bigger groups could sit down. Pretty polite if you ask me shitbag

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #93

    Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

  • Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    upper lipU upper lip wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Zombo said:

    Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

  • Zombo said:

    Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @upper-lip said:

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.

    Z

  • I just moved table so a bigger groups could sit down. Pretty polite if you ask me shitbag

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @londonbrown said:

    I just moved table so a bigger groups could sit down. Pretty polite if you ask me shitbag

    Don't you mean shitebag?

  • @upper-lip said:

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.

    Z

    darkside5D darkside5 wrote on last edited by
    #97

    Zombo said:

    Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.

    Z

    Sounds like he may have been rubbed the right way.