NYC to Cleveland
-
A place I might mention is The Rail in North Olmstead, Akron, & Canton. In addition to bottled beer, they have 24 Ohio Craft Beers on tap & samples are free. Their burgers are excellent & all the beef, bacon & other food (I'm pretty sure) is Ohio sourced. TVs for watching games too.
Wherever you end up, one brewery's beers I like is Thirsty Dog from Akron although most popular is probably Great Lakes.
All in all, lots to see & do!
Mike
A place I might mention is The Rail in North Olmstead, Akron, & Canton. In addition to bottled beer, they have 24 Ohio Craft Beers on tap & samples are free. Their burgers are excellent & all the beef, bacon & other food (I'm pretty sure) is Ohio sourced. TVs for watching games too.
Wherever you end up, one brewery's beers I like is Thirsty Dog from Akron although most popular is probably Great Lakes.
All in all, lots to see & do!
Mike
Good call, man. The Rail slipped my mind. I friend of mine moved to North Olmstead and took us there after we helped him move. All around great place. Didn't have a burger but heard great things.
-
Looks a bit far from downtown on the map?
-
Looks a bit far from downtown on the map?
Looks a bit far from downtown on the map?
I wouldn't say far, but a cab wouldn't hurt either.
If that isn't your thing, then plenty of places surrounding you downtown. -
you've got to be back in london by now????
-
Good point my man, how much am I looking it for a beer in most places?
Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.
Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.
Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.
Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.
There has been a Hofbrau house in Cleveland for eons. I used to go there when I was in law school in the 70s. On upper e.55th. It was not a chain.
-
-
Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.
Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.
I wouldn't mind trying some local brews but mainly interested in the place itself.
I go to Germany every year for the beer so will leave that place out this time.
I wouldn't mind trying some local brews but mainly interested in the place itself.
I go to Germany every year for the beer so will leave that place out this time.
The Winking Lizard Downtown is way OK if you want sort of a Pub atmosphere. And don't sell the local Brew Great Lakes short. In fact- I'd even recommend the short cab ride over to West 25th to check the place out. They've won a ton of national and international awards for their beers. Though I hate to report our other Brits Gareth and Howie find the Edmund Fitzgerald porter, and Blackout Stout "too sweet". Well. if you only favor Guiness- I suppose so.
-
Guinness is a drink fit for a king !
-
-
Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.
Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.
-
Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.
Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.
Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.
Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.
People in England are rude as shit, have the worst personalities, and have an odd sense of humor.
Just my unwarranted 2 cents

-
I just moved table so a bigger groups could sit down. Pretty polite if you ask me shitbag
-
Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.
Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!
Z
Zombo said:
Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.
Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!
Z
My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way
-
Zombo said:
Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.
Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!
Z
My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way
My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way
Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.
Z
-
I just moved table so a bigger groups could sit down. Pretty polite if you ask me shitbag
I just moved table so a bigger groups could sit down. Pretty polite if you ask me shitbag
Don't you mean shitebag?
-
My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way
Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.
Z
Zombo said:
Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.
Z
Sounds like he may have been rubbed the right way.
-
Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.
Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.
People in England are rude as shit, have the worst personalities, and have an odd sense of humor.
Just my unwarranted 2 cents

People in England are rude as shit, have the worst personalities, and have an odd sense of humor.
Just my unwarranted 2 cents

Right...
-
Zombo said:
Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.
Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!
Z
My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way
Welcome to CLE! City of magic!
Cleveland city of light City of magic
Cleveland city of light You're calling me
Cleveland, even now I can remember
'Cause the Cuyahoga River
Goes smokin' through my dreams
My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way
Brits are not rude in my experience, but the Scots are warmer... might be the Whiskey.
I will say that in Britain, Customer Service is "foreign" concept in many businesses.
-
My brother lived in Bath for several years and I visited many times. Never felt anyone was rude. Folks seemed about the same to me.
The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

