Skip to content

NYC to Cleveland

The Browns Board
134 28 4.9k
  • you've got to be back in london by now????

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @miktoxic said:

    you've got to be back in london by now????

    Just had the 2015 draft 😁

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Are you looking for just run of the mill domestic or some craft brews? Keep in mind we have Great Lakes, Willoughby Brew Co, Nano, and a few other small spots around.

    Cleveland also got their own Hofbrauhaus recently.

    I wouldn't mind trying some local brews but mainly interested in the place itself.

    I go to Germany every year for the beer so will leave that place out this time.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @londonbrown said:

    I wouldn't mind trying some local brews but mainly interested in the place itself.

    I go to Germany every year for the beer so will leave that place out this time.

    The Winking Lizard Downtown is way OK if you want sort of a Pub atmosphere. And don't sell the local Brew Great Lakes short. In fact- I'd even recommend the short cab ride over to West 25th to check the place out. They've won a ton of national and international awards for their beers. Though I hate to report our other Brits Gareth and Howie find the Edmund Fitzgerald porter, and Blackout Stout "too sweet". Well. if you only favor Guiness- I suppose so.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #88

    Guinness is a drink fit for a king !

  • you've got to be back in london by now????

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @miktoxic said:

    you've got to be back in london by now????

    Not long now Mik 🙂

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #90

    Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.

    Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.

  • Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.

    Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.

    upper lipU upper lip wrote on last edited by upper lip
    #91

    @londonbrown said:

    Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.

    Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.

    People in England are rude as shit, have the worst personalities, and have an odd sense of humor.

    Just my unwarranted 2 cents 😐

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #92

    I just moved table so a bigger groups could sit down. Pretty polite if you ask me shitbag

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #93

    Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

  • Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    upper lipU upper lip wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Zombo said:

    Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

  • Zombo said:

    Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @upper-lip said:

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.

    Z

  • I just moved table so a bigger groups could sit down. Pretty polite if you ask me shitbag

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @londonbrown said:

    I just moved table so a bigger groups could sit down. Pretty polite if you ask me shitbag

    Don't you mean shitebag?

  • @upper-lip said:

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.

    Z

    darkside5D darkside5 wrote on last edited by
    #97

    Zombo said:

    Ironically, they are known for keeping a stiff Upper Lip.

    Z

    Sounds like he may have been rubbed the right way.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Ive made it to NYC so barring an internal disaster I shall be in Cleveland on Saturday.

    Main thing I've noticed is your bar staff and waiters/waitresses are so much nicer than back home.

    People in England are rude as shit, have the worst personalities, and have an odd sense of humor.

    Just my unwarranted 2 cents 😐

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @upper-lip said:

    People in England are rude as shit, have the worst personalities, and have an odd sense of humor.

    Just my unwarranted 2 cents 😐

    Right...

  • Zombo said:

    Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #99

    Welcome to CLE! City of magic!

    Cleveland city of light City of magic

    Cleveland city of light You're calling me

    Cleveland, even now I can remember

    'Cause the Cuyahoga River

    Goes smokin' through my dreams

    @upper-lip said:

    My friend worked in England for a year, I visited him a couple of times (1 week each). We went to Scotland for a few days, great people, real fun. England on the other hand.. Eh. Those people rubbed my the wrong way

    Brits are not rude in my experience, but the Scots are warmer... might be the Whiskey.

    I will say that in Britain, Customer Service is "foreign" concept in many businesses.

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by

    My brother lived in Bath for several years and I visited many times. Never felt anyone was rude. Folks seemed about the same to me.

    The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.

  • My brother lived in Bath for several years and I visited many times. Never felt anyone was rude. Folks seemed about the same to me.

    The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @manzier said:

    The one thing I learned is "look BOTH ways before you cross the street" has more meaning in London, than it does here. Wow. Almost got run down several times.

    Thus their "friendly" reminders...

    100_2069.jpg

  • Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Zombo said:

    Don't worry, London, I doubt Shitbag has ever been to England, I have on multiple occasions and the people are absolutely wonderful in general.

    Welcome to the USA, enjoy your hard earned weekend!

    Z

    Yes, people in the UK are in general pretty fun and polite, all except of course your gits, prats, wankers, buggerers, your cheeky bastards, duffers, nancy boys, slappers, squidgeys, todgers, whingers,

    In other words: Howie and Gareth. 😆

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    The service and politeness I've received here has been far superior to england so I can understand people thinking we are rude. But that's people in low paid jobs acting out. We are good people.

    This time tomorrow I'll be in Cleveland can't tell you how excited I am. For now im being taken to a 'dive bar' in NYC whatever that means

  • The service and politeness I've received here has been far superior to england so I can understand people thinking we are rude. But that's people in low paid jobs acting out. We are good people.

    This time tomorrow I'll be in Cleveland can't tell you how excited I am. For now im being taken to a 'dive bar' in NYC whatever that means

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    For now im being taken to a 'dive bar' in NYC whatever that means

    It means you're probably about to meet Miktoxic.

    Zombo

  • @londonbrown said:

    For now im being taken to a 'dive bar' in NYC whatever that means

    It means you're probably about to meet Miktoxic.

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    It means you're probably about to meet Miktoxic.

    LMAO... so much for the "politeness"...