Skip to content

Dear Pettine... Unleash the Crowakan!

The Browns Board
30 14 1.4k
  • play everyone as long as it leads to a W.

    hell have johnny ball sack tackle someone on ST.

    just win baby.

  • GuNNerGatSKy said:

    Crowell is our best back.

    Thoughts?

    Best "back"? No... not at this time... and it's not even close.

    Best "ball carrier"? Yes... and the only play that would even give me pause is the retreating run OB vs. the Ravens. Yes, the play was broken from the get-go, but Crow's reaction to the breakdown was weird.

    There a lot more to being a back than carrying the ball...

    @tour2ma said:

    Best "back"? No... not at this time... and it's not even close.

    Best "ball carrier"? Yes... and the only play that would even give me pause is the retreating run OB vs. the Ravens. Yes, the play was broken from the get-go, but Crow's reaction to the breakdown was weird.

    There a lot more to being a back than carrying the ball...

    i get that he's still a rookie and he isn't a complete 3rd down back rt now but he protects the ball better, so far has consistently gashed good defenses, he is undoubtedly the most durable, and he has NFL vision, quickness and strength.

    today my definition of "best" is who gives us the best chance to win. and i feel that's the Crow. 😎

  • @tour2ma said:

    Best "back"? No... not at this time... and it's not even close.

    Best "ball carrier"? Yes... and the only play that would even give me pause is the retreating run OB vs. the Ravens. Yes, the play was broken from the get-go, but Crow's reaction to the breakdown was weird.

    There a lot more to being a back than carrying the ball...

    i get that he's still a rookie and he isn't a complete 3rd down back rt now but he protects the ball better, so far has consistently gashed good defenses, he is undoubtedly the most durable, and he has NFL vision, quickness and strength.

    today my definition of "best" is who gives us the best chance to win. and i feel that's the Crow. 😎

    Crowell

    @sisky-fringo said:

    i get that he's still a rookie and he isn't a complete 3rd down back rt now but he protects the ball better, so far has consistently gashed good defenses, he is undoubtedly the most durable, and he has NFL vision, quickness and strength.

    today my definition of "best" is who gives us the best chance to win. and i feel that's the Crow. 😎

    Been doing the P90X huh sisky. Looking good.....

  • you know it! yeah i just started this "shirt-behind-the-head" look too...tryin it out.

  • rewatching saints @ cle week 2...have to admit West is a pretty nice addition as well. kid fights till he's down, gets first downs, has soft hands for a back...

    can't wait to see more of Tate and see how much of the Ohio climate he remembers.

    maybe i'm just down on him extra because in addition to durability issues he's kind of a dick.

  • I'm not saying that Tate or West are not good to possibly great backs as well... I just think as far as Crowell goes he is the best pure runner/ballcarrier I have seen on our squad in a long time. The dude runs like a fucking freight train.

  • Please change the name of this thread to Dear Pettine fire the DC

  • Backing Tate was as easy as 1-2-3... as in 123 yds rushing... 😉

  • Backing Tate was as easy as 1-2-3... as in 123 yds rushing... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Backing Tate was as easy as 1-2-3... as in 123 yds rushing... 😉

    I called 125 for tate lucky guess

  • Yea man, Tate looked very good. It sure is a nice problem to have 3 kick ass RB 's

  • somebody must have passed out in the Browns Tavern. dude is still in there by himself

  • somebody must have passed out in the Browns Tavern. dude is still in there by himself

    @slowburn said:

    somebody must have passed out in the Browns Tavern. dude is still in there by himself

    HA!!!!!

    doubt it's the first time.

  • I was curious how the backfield reps who go today. For the record: Tate 22 carries, west 7 carries, Crowell 6. If Tate stays healthy and plays like today though I have no problem with that distribution.

  • didn't we discuss pre-season that a shanhan (sr or jr) has had a 1k RB each year they've coached?

  • I was curious how the backfield reps who go today. For the record: Tate 22 carries, west 7 carries, Crowell 6. If Tate stays healthy and plays like today though I have no problem with that distribution.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I was curious how the backfield reps who go today. For the record: Tate 22 carries, west 7 carries, Crowell 6. If Tate stays healthy and plays like today though I have no problem with that distribution.

    I think you have to pick a secondary back to get almost all of the carries behind the starter, Tate.

    Neither West nor Crow seemed to get the feel for the game they did during Tate's absence... especially not Crow this game.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I was curious how the backfield reps who go today. For the record: Tate 22 carries, west 7 carries, Crowell 6. If Tate stays healthy and plays like today though I have no problem with that distribution.

    I think you have to pick a secondary back to get almost all of the carries behind the starter, Tate.

    Neither West nor Crow seemed to get the feel for the game they did during Tate's absence... especially not Crow this game.

    @tour2ma said:

    I think you have to pick a secondary back to get almost all of the carries behind the starter, Tate.

    Neither West nor Crow seemed to get the feel for the game they did during Tate's absence... especially not Crow this game.

    I'd agree that Crowell seemed the most hurt by Tate getting the majority of carries, but do you think a three back system can work? I think each guy brings something good to the table and I'd hate to see one ride the pine.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I think you have to pick a secondary back to get almost all of the carries behind the starter, Tate.

    Neither West nor Crow seemed to get the feel for the game they did during Tate's absence... especially not Crow this game.

    I'd agree that Crowell seemed the most hurt by Tate getting the majority of carries, but do you think a three back system can work? I think each guy brings something good to the table and I'd hate to see one ride the pine.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I'd agree that Crowell seemed the most hurt by Tate getting the majority of carries, but do you think a three back system can work? I think each guy brings something good to the table and I'd hate to see one ride the pine.

    If the third back is your passing down specialist, then yes, IMO, a 3-back system can work. West seems to be the better receiver to this point, but I don't see either West or Crow in that "special" role yet.

    I think you pick a second RB based on practice and/or match up and give him the carries Tate does not get. If the production is not there in the first half, then look at giving whomever sat the second half time.

    Nothing wrong with keeping a pair of legs fresh... including Tate's, should we ever get a big enough lead to sit him.