Skip to content

A MATTER OF PRIDE

The Browns Board
23 10 1.2k
  • c'mon people. win or lose. can we as browns fans have some Fing pride and standupishness?

    shoulda and coulda been 4-0 right now. end of the nite we're right there in the running for division leaders.

    i'm calling this season the season of love. just when you think your fave band would never do disco....

  • Saw the Tubes in '83 at Magic Mountain .............. They rocked.

  • We are a 2 nd half team, we just need to pace ourselves at least with the booze.

    Just take a drink every time we punt in the first half, then switch to first downs in the second half.

  • in my book someone has been punting every hour on the hour...........since '76.

  • Saw The Tubes in a college bar in CT in the late 80's and they rocked. Lost track of one of my buddies at the start of the show; I next saw him on stage singing the encore with Fee Waybill.

    "...and a baby's arm holding an apple."

  • go up to new haven every once in a while.

    tubes are an icon there.

    but:

    HORROR_poster.jpg

  • Funny you posted the tubes.. That's another album Steve Lukather helped produce and played guitar on. Him and Fee Waybill are good friends. Great win. by a great team effort!.

  • Funny you posted the tubes.. That's another album Steve Lukather helped produce and played guitar on. Him and Fee Waybill are good friends. Great win. by a great team effort!.

    @nickers said:

    Funny you posted the tubes.. That's another album Steve Lukather helped produce and played guitar on. Him and Fee Waybill are good friends. Great win. by a great team effort!.

    steve lukather from toto...essential studio guitarist.

    but it was todd rundgren that produced their last couple of albums.

  • @nickers said:

    Funny you posted the tubes.. That's another album Steve Lukather helped produce and played guitar on. Him and Fee Waybill are good friends. Great win. by a great team effort!.

    steve lukather from toto...essential studio guitarist.

    but it was todd rundgren that produced their last couple of albums.

    @miktoxic said:

    steve lukather from toto...essential studio guitarist.

    but it was todd rundgren that produced their last couple of albums.

    Believe Me when I tell you.. Luke had much more impact on the tubes then Todd Rungren did. Trust Me. I'm a TR fan. But hell.. look at the Impact Luke had on Chicago in the 80's. Todd was probably in the green room doing coke,while the musicians were recording. That's how it went back in the day. I've been there.. Trust Me.

    Also.. Todd Rundgren had nothing to do with Completion Backward Principle.. It was David Foster who produced it.. Do your homework,dude!.. Heres a link.

    http://www.thetubes.com/disco/cbp.htm

  • @miktoxic said:

    steve lukather from toto...essential studio guitarist.

    but it was todd rundgren that produced their last couple of albums.

    Believe Me when I tell you.. Luke had much more impact on the tubes then Todd Rungren did. Trust Me. I'm a TR fan. But hell.. look at the Impact Luke had on Chicago in the 80's. Todd was probably in the green room doing coke,while the musicians were recording. That's how it went back in the day. I've been there.. Trust Me.

    Also.. Todd Rundgren had nothing to do with Completion Backward Principle.. It was David Foster who produced it.. Do your homework,dude!.. Heres a link.

    http://www.thetubes.com/disco/cbp.htm

    @nickers said:

    Believe Me when I tell you.. Luke had much more impact on the tubes then Todd Rungren did. Trust Me. I'm a TR fan. But hell.. look at the Impact Luke had on Chicago in the 80's. Todd was probably in the green room doing coke,while the musicians were recording. That's how it went back in the day. I've been there.. Trust Me.

    Also.. Todd Rundgren had nothing to do with Completion Backward Principle.. It was David Foster who produced it.. Do your homework,dude!.. Heres a link.

    http://www.thetubes.com/disco/cbp.htm

    sounds like

    irrefutable proof to me.

    just don't get the underside of anger today after a win.

    it's like colon bohanan comin back to hell on wheels just to kill common's character off.

    why can't you all just be....

    also my girl asked nickers..you know what you'd be if you got any bigger?

    that's right, my bigger nicker.

  • @nickers said:

    Believe Me when I tell you.. Luke had much more impact on the tubes then Todd Rungren did. Trust Me. I'm a TR fan. But hell.. look at the Impact Luke had on Chicago in the 80's. Todd was probably in the green room doing coke,while the musicians were recording. That's how it went back in the day. I've been there.. Trust Me.

    Also.. Todd Rundgren had nothing to do with Completion Backward Principle.. It was David Foster who produced it.. Do your homework,dude!.. Heres a link.

    http://www.thetubes.com/disco/cbp.htm

    sounds like

    irrefutable proof to me.

    just don't get the underside of anger today after a win.

    it's like colon bohanan comin back to hell on wheels just to kill common's character off.

    why can't you all just be....

    also my girl asked nickers..you know what you'd be if you got any bigger?

    that's right, my bigger nicker.

    @miktoxic said:

    sounds like

    irrefutable[/size] proof to me.

    just don't get the underside of anger today after a win.

    it's like colon bohanan comin back to hell on wheels just to kill common's character off.

    why can't you all just be....

    also my girl asked nickers..you know what you'd be if you got any bigger?

    that's right, my bigger nicker.

    I'm not angry,hell... I'm buzzed... I'm glad as hell we won... as far as the ardent manzealots.. all I have to say concerning Hoyer is.. you cant argue with 5-2 as a Starter for the Browns.

  • yessir.

  • this is my pissy point.

    i've been negative and still am about certain things. the joy of autumn football and watching the pro game of the browns is unquestionable. to me now it's better than any pie my beothe could bake.

    i'll give you the frank slade quotes:

    MR. TRASK: Mr. Simms, you are a cover-up artist and you are a liar.

    LT. COL. FRANK SLADE: But not a snitch.

    MR. TRASK: Excuse me?

    LT. COL. FRANK SLADE: No, I don't think I will.

    MR. TRASK: Mr. Slade...

    LT. COL. FRANK SLADE: This is such a crock of s*.

    MR. TRASK: Please watch your language, Mr. Slade. You are in the Baird School, not a barracks. Mr Simms, I will give you one last opportunity to speak up.

    LT. COL. FRANK SLADE: Mr. Simms doesn't want it. He desn't need to labeled, "Still worthy of being a Baird man". What the hell is that? What is your motto here? "Boys, inform on your classmates, save your hide. Anything short of that, we're gonna burn you at the stake"? Well, gentlemen, when the sh*t hits the fan, some guys run and some guys stay. Here's Charlie facing the fire and there's George hiding in Big Daddy's pocket. And what are you doing? You're gonna reward George and destroy Charlie.

    MR. TRASK: Are you finished, Mr. Slade?

    LT. COL. FRANK SLADE: No, I'm just gettin' warmed up. I don't know who went to this place, William Howard Taft, William Jennings Bryan, William Tell, whoever. Their spirit is dead, if they ever had one. It's gone. You're building a rat ship here. A vessel for seagoing snitches, and if you think you're preparing these minnows for manhood, you better think again, because I say you are killing the very spirit this institution proclaims it instills. What a sham. What kind of a show you guys are putting on here today? I mean, the only class in this act is sitting next to me, and I'm here to tell ya this boy's soul is intact. It's non-negotiable. You know how I know? Someone here, and I'm gonna say who, offered to buy it. Only Charlie here wasn't selling.

    MR. TRASK: Sir, you're out of order.

    LT. COL. FRANK SLADE: Out of order. I'll show YOU "out of order"! You don't know what "out of order" is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too f* blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place. Out of order? Who the hell do ya think you're talking to? I've been around, ya know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen. Boys like these, younger than these. Their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there is nothing like the sight of an amputated spirit. There's no prostetic for that.

  • Tubes remind me of Oingo Boingo

  • Saw the Tubes in a concert in Cleveland somewhere in the mid 70s. Can't recall the venue. It was just when they were getting started. It was the first concert I saw where a chick performer went topless.

    But I will ask all of you their penultimate question from the show: What do you want from life?

  • c'mon people. win or lose. can we as browns fans have some Fing pride and standupishness?

    shoulda and coulda been 4-0 right now. end of the nite we're right there in the running for division leaders.

    i'm calling this season the season of love. just when you think your fave band would never do disco....

    @miktoxic said:

    just when you think your fave band would never do disco....

    Is that what that was? *shudders*

    Once upon a time The Tubes Vs. The Sensational Alex Harvey Band would have made a great battle...

  • the tubes/utopia tour was them (tubes) coming in with blue suits (ala david bowie) as funky executives. prime time. matter of pride. sushi girl or 'attack of the 50' woman'.

    unless alex harvey wears or eats pink i don't see the distinction...

  • @tour2ma said:

    one of My all time favorites... the live version is kick ass!

  • @tour2ma said:

    one of My all time favorites... the live version is kick ass!

    @nickers said:

    one of My all time favorites... the live version is kick ass!

    lol... In my "yute" I was heavily influenced by Billy Bass, the King of Cleveland AOR in the late 60's and early 70's alternately at WMMS and WNCR.