should we run more 4-3 looks?
-
The way I've seen it all along is a seemingly good group of players (won't name em all but we know) can't ALL have regressed this badly as a unit. That screams that something is wrong with chemistry, scheme or communication. Furthermore, the blitz calls outside the one late were awful this game. They could not have been more scripted and easy to pickup. Also, explain how sending 7 guys and playing DB's 8 yards off WR's makes any sense?
All I know is someone is a wizard of half-time speeches.
-
also, the D was noticeably better against the run when Fatass Phil "I swing at players after plays I don't do anything on" Taylor was on the bench
-
This was something i noticed as well. That 4 man front that u saw was not a traditional 4-3 it was a nickel package that weve seen with crennel mangini and horton. Its a 4 man front with 1 or two linebackers and an extra nickle or safety. We played alot of it in the second qtr and i thought we were much more effective in it at stopping the run and containing the the pass. Hopefully this is a formation we see much more in coming weeks especially against the steelers. Another thing pettine is going to have to realize is that our cornerbacks are much better in zone than in man coverage. He needs to back off the man and go to zone a little more often to help these struggling corners like haden and skrine.
-
The way I've seen it all along is a seemingly good group of players (won't name em all but we know) can't ALL have regressed this badly as a unit. That screams that something is wrong with chemistry, scheme or communication. Furthermore, the blitz calls outside the one late were awful this game. They could not have been more scripted and easy to pickup. Also, explain how sending 7 guys and playing DB's 8 yards off WR's makes any sense?
All I know is someone is a wizard of half-time speeches.
-
-
also, the D was noticeably better against the run when Fatass Phil "I swing at players after plays I don't do anything on" Taylor was on the bench
wasn't that more a function of the Titans going away from the run? I really didn't see any miraculous change in our ability to stop the run in the 2nd half...just saw less of it.
also, the D was noticeably better against the run when Fatass Phil "I swing at players after plays I don't do anything on" Taylor was on the bench
-
that's a bad job out of you, you know that right? one gap opens and the runner goes straight to the 3rd level. Such a terrible idea. And you were being completely serious I know.

Yea, my bad. We need more 9-5 looks.
-
I'll take that 3 extra men on the field penalty all day.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login