Skip to content

Jim Brown's Record

The Browns Board
20 14 1.3k
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I'm glad Jerrah finally realized he didn't need flashy picks and put together a dominant Oline.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @texasag1969 said:

    As they say records are made to be broken- hopefully not by Cowboys.

    I've always said if Brown had pulled a Jerry Rice, and played until he couldn't anymore- he'd still hold every significant rushing record in the books.

  • T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    How many years did it take Jerry to finally become sensible?

    A 5-1 record and a win over the best team in football will knock him back into his usual ways.

    I'm calling it now, the boys will mortgage the farm for the top QB prospect within the next two years.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    As they say records are made to be broken- hopefully not by Cowboys.

    I've always said if Brown had pulled a Jerry Rice, and played until he couldn't anymore- he'd still hold every significant rushing record in the books.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @hoorta said:

    As they say records are made to be broken- hopefully not by Cowboys.

    I've always said if Brown had pulled a Jerry Rice, and played until he couldn't anymore- he'd still hold every significant rushing record in the books.

    I agree 100%.

    Congrats to Murray, but Hoorta said it right. Brown retired early to pursue acting.

    Mike

  • How many years did it take Jerry to finally become sensible?

    A 5-1 record and a win over the best team in football will knock him back into his usual ways.

    I'm calling it now, the boys will mortgage the farm for the top QB prospect within the next two years.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @taco918 said:

    How many years did it take Jerry to finally become sensible?

    A 5-1 record and a win over the best team in football will knock him back into his usual ways.

    I'm calling it now, the boys will mortgage the farm for the top QB prospect within the next two years.

    And I'm betting he does a trade for JFF in the next year or two since he is warming the bench in Cleveland. Right now he is worth only a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Do the Browns bite?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I wouldn't consider a trade for Johnny at this point. Brian Hoyer is my boy, he beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. But let's keep our asses covered. Trent Dilfer won Superbowl in spite of his meager talent.

    Not to seem like a Debbie Downer here but I think it's a good idea to play it safe and hope for the best.

    No need to trump your partners ace if you know what I mean.

    WSS

  • @hoorta said:

    As they say records are made to be broken- hopefully not by Cowboys.

    I've always said if Brown had pulled a Jerry Rice, and played until he couldn't anymore- he'd still hold every significant rushing record in the books.

    I agree 100%.

    Congrats to Murray, but Hoorta said it right. Brown retired early to pursue acting.

    Mike

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @canton-mike said:

    Congrats to Murray, but Hoorta said it right. Brown retired early to pursue acting.

    With an obstinate assist by Modell as I recall...

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I'm betting he does a trade for JFF in the next year or two since he is warming the bench in Cleveland. Right now he is worth only a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Do the Browns bite?

    Depends on a lot of things of course, e.g., JM's development vs. Shaw's vs. QB-TBD, but as of now I'd say no. Russell Wilson's MNF performance vs. WSH looked like what Farmer & Co. had in mind when they drafted JM.

    Hell, I was even hoping JM would see some garbage time yesterday... give him some air time. Had he not photo-bombed his HC's sideline shot, he would not have been seen playing the part of a towel rack... 🙂

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Brown and Barry Sanders both quit in their primes......showing neither of them cared one hoot about all their records.....But BOTH could have stayed and owned the record books, had they chosen to.......good for the Dallas player that broke one though......I wonder if we'll be talking about him in 50 years, like folks talk about Brown now.......something tells me the answer is ..... no

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Odds certainly tend towards "no"...

    He'll be going for #7 at home vs. NYG Sunday. Have to say not knowing which NYG team is going to show, I like his odds...

    Also have to say I never saw this start to the season coming out of this Dallas team...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    As they say records are made to be broken- hopefully not by Cowboys.

    I've always said if Brown had pulled a Jerry Rice, and played until he couldn't anymore- he'd still hold every significant rushing record in the books.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #11

    @hoorta said:

    As they say records are made to be broken- hopefully not by Cowboys.

    I've always said if Brown had pulled a Jerry Rice, and played until he couldn't anymore- he'd still hold every significant rushing record in the books.

    Brown was a monster. He would be dominant in any era. Barry Sanders tho Jesus. He did things with his body that shouldn't have been possible. If he kept playing he would have slaughtered records. Brown too really.
  • Odds certainly tend towards "no"...

    He'll be going for #7 at home vs. NYG Sunday. Have to say not knowing which NYG team is going to show, I like his odds...

    Also have to say I never saw this start to the season coming out of this Dallas team...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tour2ma said:

    Also have to say I never saw this start to the season coming out of this Dallas team...

    I'm not sure even the Dallas team saw it coming. It's paying off to build with O linemen that's for sure. I'm hoping the same for Cleveland going forward. Bitonio is a great start.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Look how many fuckers it takes to tackle him:

  • J J0hnnybg00d wrote on last edited by
    #14

    That shit was and is amazing. Its like he was playing against children.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #15

    I like how fluid and rhythmic he runs with that long.loping stride.. There will never be another who can run like that............ phenomenol!

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I wouldn't take less than two 1st rounders and a third for Manziel. Too much potential, take it or leave it Sherriff.

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
    #17

    I'm sorry, but I'm biased.. I grew up watching Jim Brown and had he not retired early, his records would be so far out of reach that it would be the BROWN trophy.. NOT the Lombardi..

    Jim Brown #1... #2 Marion Motley.. Distant #3 Gale Sayers..I'm a Gator fan but Emmit Smith isn't even in the discussion..

    Yeah, I'm biased 😁

    Leroy Kelly did NOT suck either 🙂

  • AxeA Axe

    I'm sorry, but I'm biased.. I grew up watching Jim Brown and had he not retired early, his records would be so far out of reach that it would be the BROWN trophy.. NOT the Lombardi..

    Jim Brown #1... #2 Marion Motley.. Distant #3 Gale Sayers..I'm a Gator fan but Emmit Smith isn't even in the discussion..

    Yeah, I'm biased 😁

    Leroy Kelly did NOT suck either 🙂

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @axe said:

    I'm sorry, but I'm biased.. I grew up watching Jim Brown and had he not retired early, his records would be so far out of reach that it would be the BROWN trophy.. NOT the Lombardi..

    Jim Brown #1... #2 Marion Motley.. Distant #3 Gale Sayers..I'm a Gator fan but Emmit Smith isn't even in the discussion..

    Yeah, I'm biased 😁

    Leroy Kelly did NOT suck either 🙂

    Agreed.....and 5.2 ypc for a CAREER when every defender KNOWS you're getting the ball pretty much says it all.

    Mike

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    People forget he was as big as most DL of that day but far faster. Huge advantage to be a freak of nature.

  • Look how many fuckers it takes to tackle him:

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Zombo said:

    Look how many fuckers it takes to tackle him:

    Love to visit that youtube every once in a while... the music choice was inspired.

    @axe said:

    Leroy Kelly did NOT suck either 🙂

    Kelly waiting in the wings was an amazing stroke of good fortune (or planning)...

    @texasag1969 said:

    People forget he was as big as most DL of that day but far faster. Huge advantage to be a freak of nature.

    I was googling to find out how fast, but found no 40 times, etc...

    I did however, stumble across this Syracuse B-ball page. Knew he is considered by many to be the greatest Lacrosse player ever and ran track, but was unaware he played B-ball and was as good at track as it appears he was...

    "In 1954 he finished fifth in the decathlon at the National AAU meet."

    http://www.orangehoops.org/jbrown.htm