Browns Player additions
-
What about Jacobbi McDaniel, I thought he was pretty solid in the preseason. This new guy may be more like Armonty though or something. I guess I dont understand why we dont promote from within for a backup spot like this. He would know his assignments and such. Unless he just isnt very good, in which case I dont see the point of having someone like that on the PS anyways.
What about Jacobbi McDaniel, I thought he was pretty solid in the preseason. This new guy may be more like Armonty though or something. I guess I dont understand why we dont promote from within for a backup spot like this. He would know his assignments and such. Unless he just isnt very good, in which case I dont see the point of having someone like that on the PS anyways.
I wondered the same thing. I liked what I saw from McDaniel too, but then I'm not the Coach or GM.
Mike
-
Nick McDonald OL - first day of practice today (was on NFI for wrist?) :
And :
http://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/Nick-McDonald-taking-first-steps-to-get-off-NFI-list-1-10561590
Heard Jacobbi McDaniel was an option to activate this Sunday, but it sounds like they may like Fua for the position they're short - remains to be seen.
Another new Player :
Browns signed WR Kevin Cone to their practice squad - (4th year from Tampa) :
http://www.nfl.com/player/kevincone/2531203/profile
Here's an interesting bit :
Browns released DB Isaiah Trufant from injured reserve with an injury settlement.
I remember seeing Pettine high on Trufant, and that he was doing excellent in covering - injury casualty though.
-
Nick McDonald OL - first day of practice today (was on NFI for wrist?) :
And :
http://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/Nick-McDonald-taking-first-steps-to-get-off-NFI-list-1-10561590
Heard Jacobbi McDaniel was an option to activate this Sunday, but it sounds like they may like Fua for the position they're short - remains to be seen.
Another new Player :
Browns signed WR Kevin Cone to their practice squad - (4th year from Tampa) :
http://www.nfl.com/player/kevincone/2531203/profile
Here's an interesting bit :
Browns released DB Isaiah Trufant from injured reserve with an injury settlement.
I remember seeing Pettine high on Trufant, and that he was doing excellent in covering - injury casualty though.
Nick McDonald OL - first day of practice today (was on NFI for wrist?) :
And :
http://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/Nick-McDonald-taking-first-steps-to-get-off-NFI-list-1-10561590
Heard Jacobbi McDaniel was an option to activate this Sunday, but it sounds like they may like Fua for the position they're short - remains to be seen.
Another new Player :
Browns signed WR Kevin Cone to their practice squad - (4th year from Tampa) :
http://www.nfl.com/player/kevincone/2531203/profile
Here's an interesting bit :
Browns released DB Isaiah Trufant from injured reserve with an injury settlement.
I remember seeing Pettine high on Trufant, and that he was doing excellent in covering - injury casualty though.
Pettine sounded like starting McDonald was a possibility, I am assuming he has center experience. Or painter at guard over McQ was a possibility.
I am expecting Greco at C and McQ at guard again, but we'll see, Greco was doing so well at G.
Zombo
-
Nick McDonald OL - first day of practice today (was on NFI for wrist?) :
And :
http://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/Nick-McDonald-taking-first-steps-to-get-off-NFI-list-1-10561590
Heard Jacobbi McDaniel was an option to activate this Sunday, but it sounds like they may like Fua for the position they're short - remains to be seen.
Another new Player :
Browns signed WR Kevin Cone to their practice squad - (4th year from Tampa) :
http://www.nfl.com/player/kevincone/2531203/profile
Here's an interesting bit :
Browns released DB Isaiah Trufant from injured reserve with an injury settlement.
I remember seeing Pettine high on Trufant, and that he was doing excellent in covering - injury casualty though.
Pettine sounded like starting McDonald was a possibility, I am assuming he has center experience. Or painter at guard over McQ was a possibility.
I am expecting Greco at C and McQ at guard again, but we'll see, Greco was doing so well at G.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Pettine sounded like starting McDonald was a possibility, I am assuming he has center experience. Or painter at guard over McQ was a possibility.
I am expecting Greco at C and McQ at guard again, but we'll see, Greco was doing so well at G.
Only through the first half with line grades, but my early take is if we can move JG back to RG, I'd look at it. He could take the line calls with him to RG.
-
What about Jacobbi McDaniel, I thought he was pretty solid in the preseason. This new guy may be more like Armonty though or something. I guess I dont understand why we dont promote from within for a backup spot like this. He would know his assignments and such. Unless he just isnt very good, in which case I dont see the point of having someone like that on the PS anyways.
What about Jacobbi McDaniel, I thought he was pretty solid in the preseason. This new guy may be more like Armonty though or something. I guess I dont understand why we dont promote from within for a backup spot like this. He would know his assignments and such. Unless he just isnt very good, in which case I dont see the point of having someone like that on the PS anyways.
I wondered the same thing. I liked what I saw from McDaniel too, but then I'm not the Coach or GM.
Mike
Im pretty sure Fua is a fourth year pro and I dont think you can put 4th year players on the practice squad. So, if Fua was the best available, then they have to take him and put him on the roster. If they move McDaniel up, then they have to fill the PS spot with someone else(not Fua).
-
Greco starts at C, looks like we will see a lot of Gilbert:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/10/cleveland_browns_john_greco_se.html#incart_m-rpt-2
-
Who at center?
-
Good. Center is a key position. Greco is best right there
-
Good article on Greco:
Interesting article on McDonald:
-
On Kyle Shanahan's offense: "I've always thought his offense was 'quarterback friendly' ....with the commitment to running the football...with the effectiveness of the run, you're running play-passes with guys coming open...I've always felt that, and it's certainly been the case this year.''
Most important statement of the day. I agree totally. It's what made Seattle so good too.
-
Sounds like McQuistan is starting at G this week.
K'Waun Williams out with Concussion.
-
October 17, 2014 :
- Signed OL Ryan Seymour from the practice squad (Guard from 49ers).
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8618/ryan-seymour
- Placed OL Alex Mack on injured reserve.
- Signed DL Christian Tupou to the practice squad (DL from Cardinals).
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7932/christian-tupou
- Waived DB Isaiah Trufant, this one we already heard about.
-
Here's an apparent promotion :
Jacobbi McDaniel @JacobbiJustice · 1h 1 hour ago Just got the call to be active this week vs. Jacksonville. Very happy and blessed to have a chance and… http://instagram.com/p/uRXUk2Q3nL/
1 hour agoJust got the call to be active this week vs. Jacksonville. Very happy and blessed to have a chance and many more blessings coming my way. Thank you God my lord and savior and the Browns to get this chance to fulfill a life time goal! #blessed #humbled thingy #drivenbyfaithGood luck Jaccobi

-
This probably belongs here as much as anywhere :
Former Cleveland Browns offensive lineman Jason Pinkston is planning a comeback
I wish him luck - he was okay here (better than Lauavo), but I fear he has some weird Health issue that will ultimately keep him out :
-
Good article on Greco:
Interesting article on McDonald:
Greco and McQ will work... both settled into their roles in 2nd half vs. Steelers.
Interesting that Greco thinks he's only filling in at Center until McDonald is up to speed.
Zombo said:
Good article on Greco:
Interesting article on McDonald:
Nice "feel good" on Greco. Another tragic NFL story on McDonald...
On Kyle Shanahan's offense: "I've always thought his offense was 'quarterback friendly' ....with the commitment to running the football...with the effectiveness of the run, you're running play-passes with guys coming open...I've always felt that, and it's certainly been the case this year.''
Most important statement of the day. I agree totally. It's what made Seattle so good too.
Whose quote?
-
Greco and McQ will work... both settled into their roles in 2nd half vs. Steelers.
Interesting that Greco thinks he's only filling in at Center until McDonald is up to speed.
Zombo said:
Good article on Greco:
Interesting article on McDonald:
Nice "feel good" on Greco. Another tragic NFL story on McDonald...
On Kyle Shanahan's offense: "I've always thought his offense was 'quarterback friendly' ....with the commitment to running the football...with the effectiveness of the run, you're running play-passes with guys coming open...I've always felt that, and it's certainly been the case this year.''
Most important statement of the day. I agree totally. It's what made Seattle so good too.
Whose quote?
Greco and McQ will work... both settled into their roles in 2nd half vs. Steelers.
Interesting that Greco thinks he's only filling in at Center until McDonald is up to speed.
Whose quote?
The Browns want Greco at G, so that's most likely where that is coming from.
Also, they want to keep McQuistan in reserve for T or G should a similar problem injury wise come up - so that means keeping Greco at G.
-
Haven't had much to say since the shellacking we got this past Sunday.
TBH - I see a possible repeat of the collapse we had last year when we were 3-2 and finished out 1-9.
Sad thing is, the D was actually better last year than what we've got this year - 32nd in Rush D, 29th overall

Have to admit, I saw last week coming though I didn't call it - didn't want to rain on everyone's parade and all, but I still didn't call it out so it is what it is.
Guess I need to come out and say I'm still behind Hoyer, I think he can get it done.
The injuries to both side of the line have really hurt us - but last week what we saw was a Team loss, not a Hoyer loss.
Granted, Hoyer wasn't stellar, but I saw quite a few dropped passes and the OL wasn't doing well at all in Run or Pass support.
Losing Mack to this point has impacted two positions (40% impact) on our OL - C & RG.
We really need Greco back at RG and a new C to minimize this for the upcoming game - 40% change is a massive impact for the OL.
Taking the D issues and OL injury impacts into account, I would honestly not be surprised to see us not win another game the rest of this Season.
Sorry folks, we've just been sucking all year on D and the injury impact to the OL is going to be hard to overcome.
We just don't have the depth for the first year of a new system on both sides of the line.
If we win another game this year, this week is the one we'll win.
Tampa Bay is the better of the next two Teams we face, and I just don't know if we've got the O to beat them, so Oakland it is.
There's been a bit of shuffling on the Team, this is the latest :
October 22, 2014 Re-signed DL Jacobbi McDaniel to the practice squad. Signed WR L'Damian Washington to the practice squad.
October 21, 2014 Signed TE Gerell Robinson. Waived DL Jacobbi McDaniel.
October 20, 2014 Signed FB Kiero Small from the practice squad. Waived FB Ray Agnew.
October 18, 2014 Signed DL Jacobbi McDaniel from the practice squad. Waived TE Gerell Robinson.
-
I'm sorry if this has already been posted ...but I was surprised to see it yesterday.
Surprised, that the seahawks would be silly enough to try ....
(love this GM and co. - they are SMART)
If it aleady has, just delete it, or let me know, and I'll delete it.
**********************************************
The Seahawks could be in the market for the veteran, considering they’ve already made a play for two of the NFL’s best tight ends. Seattle reportedly tried to trade Harvin for Jordan Cameron and Julius Thomas, but both proposals were rejected.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login