Skip to content

Browns Player additions

The Browns Board
69 20 3.9k
  • Master Bates might be the best of the WR prospects we have brought in and out.

    And in and out.

    Zombo

  • At least these moves are happening on the PS, and we're not really messing with the 53-man roster much... Always cool to bring players in for evaluation with the PS as long as it doesn't disturb what's happening on Sundays...

  • Crazy :

    October 30, 2014

    Released DB Marcus Cromartie from the practice squad.

    Signed WR Phil Bates to the practice squad.

    They just signed Cromartie, and now they've already released him.

    Bates, 24, originally signed with the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent out of Ohio back in 2012. He spent most of his rookie season on Seattle’s practice squad before he signed a reserve/future contract in February.

    @jafbf said:

    Crazy :

    October 30, 2014

    Released DB Marcus Cromartie from the practice squad.

    Signed WR Phil Bates to the practice squad.

    They just signed Cromartie, and now they've already released him.

    Bates, 24, originally signed with the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent out of Ohio back in 2012. He spent most of his rookie season on Seattle’s practice squad before he signed a reserve/future contract in February.

    That was fast. Maybe Cromardie didn't pass his physical. You'd think they'd look at him for more than a day, eh?

    Personally, I like the revolving door on our PS. It tells me Farmer is relentless in looking for talent. It also tells me he doesn't dwell on bullshit players. Bring em in, try em out and then cut their asses if they don't shine. I like it!!!

  • Here's something of a Head scratcher :

    Jeremy Fowler of ESPN is reporting that the Browns are releasing FB Kiero Small on Tuesday.

    Small was promoted off of their practice squad after they decided to part ways with fullback Ray Agnew back in October.

    Small, 25, was taken in the seventh round of this year’s NFL Draft by the Seahawks, but he was unable to make the team’s final 53-man roster coming out of the preseason.

    This season, Small has appeared in three games, but has yet to record a single statistic. Pro Football Focus has him down for playing 87 snaps during this period of time.

    It would not be surprising to see him end up back on the Browns’ practice squad if he clears waivers.

  • I just heard he was waived on the radio. Probably just moving him to PS and not a big deal.

  • Interesting... I thought Small was an upgrade over Agnew, but still left room for improvement.

    I wonder if they are considering Crow at FB?

  • I wonder if they're just making room for Gordon. A little early, but someone has to make way.

  • There's also talk (Grossi) of bringing in Cribbs for a tryout on return duties - I'm not sure this is happening though.

    Maybe they feel Agnew is better ?

    Gordon will be back Monday, hopefully he's kept in shape and is up to speed.

  • NEWS: Browns sign FB Ray Agnew and waive FB Kiero Small

    Browns facebook page.

    And Tour's head explodes in 3, 2, 1...

  • NEWS: Browns sign FB Ray Agnew and waive FB Kiero Small

    Browns facebook page.

    And Tour's head explodes in 3, 2, 1...

    @gftchris said:

    NEWS: Browns sign FB Ray Agnew and waive FB Kiero Small

    Browns facebook page.

    And Tour's head explodes in 3, 2, 1...

    Just saw that :

    Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · 14m 14 minutes ago #Browns bring back FB Rag Agnew.

  • Wait! What?

  • Can some explain this waiving Small to re-sign Agnew thing to me?

  • Can some explain this waiving Small to re-sign Agnew thing to me?

    @upper-lip said:

    Can some explain this waiving Small to re-sign Agnew thing to me?

    Best I've seen :

    He’s back: Pettine explained the flip-flop on the fullbacks this way: “Just an evaluation that we wanted to see Small and compare it to the body of work to Agnew and just decided it was time to switch back.”

    Small, who had been on the practice squad the first six weeks, started the past three games after the Browns replaced him for Agnew.

    Agnew, whose father played defensive tackle for the New England Patriots, understood the business and was happy to be back.

    “They wanted to see if they could get a little bit more out of the position,” he said. “I understand that. I’ve been around the game a long time. My dad played. But it was the first time it happened to me.

    “I’m just going to continue to do my job. I think going back home and thinking of some things I could have done better, I’m going to work on them.

    “I plan on being here for the duration. We’ll see. It’s a crazy business we’re in.”

    http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=39671

  • I must've saw the good preseason game from Agnew. I thought he might be good. I dunno.

    Still lobbying for the nickname Spear o' the Agnew.

  • If we are adding a DT Phil is probably not practicing this week.

    Z

  • If we are adding a DT Phil is probably not practicing this week.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    If we are adding a DT Phil is probably not practicing this week.

    Z

    Actually, I saw yesterday that he did practice, so it must have been minor whatever it was.

  • Agnew story here,

    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/11/12/7210405/browns-swap-fullbacks-sign-parma-native-to-practice-squad

    I wonder if anybody wants to be a FB anymore. I'd still take it over my day job, but it has to be the worst position in the NFL to be in.

    I remember thinking when the Texans dropped Lawrence Vickers after they ran for over 1800 yards that season and the Cowboys signed him for like 800k, who the hell wants to be a fullback in this league? Now it seems like a lot of teams do what the Browns are doing, cut, sign, cut, sign.

    Oh well, like I said, it's still better than my day job pulling in a 10th of what a FB makes!

  • Agnew story here,

    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/11/12/7210405/browns-swap-fullbacks-sign-parma-native-to-practice-squad

    I wonder if anybody wants to be a FB anymore. I'd still take it over my day job, but it has to be the worst position in the NFL to be in.

    I remember thinking when the Texans dropped Lawrence Vickers after they ran for over 1800 yards that season and the Cowboys signed him for like 800k, who the hell wants to be a fullback in this league? Now it seems like a lot of teams do what the Browns are doing, cut, sign, cut, sign.

    Oh well, like I said, it's still better than my day job pulling in a 10th of what a FB makes!

    @hx214 said:

    Agnew story here,

    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/11/12/7210405/browns-swap-fullbacks-sign-parma-native-to-practice-squad

    I wonder if anybody wants to be a FB anymore. I'd still take it over my day job, but it has to be the worst position in the NFL to be in.

    I remember thinking when the Texans dropped Lawrence Vickers after they ran for over 1800 yards that season and the Cowboys signed him for like 800k, who the hell wants to be a fullback in this league? Now it seems like a lot of teams do what the Browns are doing, cut, sign, cut, sign.

    Oh well, like I said, it's still better than my day job pulling in a 10th of what a FB makes!

    Brand new rookie making almost half a mill a year to go out, play a (glorious) game and hit people? On top of some of the finest medical care in the world...

    If I could put on another 40 pounds and play fullback, believe me, I would.

  • I wonder if there is something about Agnews game that makes him better for dealing with Watt. Could we have brought him back to protect Hoyer in this weeks game??