Skip to content

Next up.....Jags

The Browns Board
26 20 1.5k
  • I was surprised we are only for 4 point favorites ... which means Vegas thinks were are 7 points better. We should win by ten or more. I thought Jax would be an improved team this year, after the way they ended the season last year, bu the run game has been bad, Bortles is learning on the job and the defense is a disappointment.

    Then again, I thought we would wax them last there ... but we weren't a real team then.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I was surprised we are only for 4 point favorites ... which means Vegas thinks were are 7 points better.

    Zombo

    @downsouthkc said:

    4 point favorites? Think I'm gonna bet that.

    It's creeping up.... should be 7 by the end of week....right now betting is strong on the Browns, so many odds are at 5 to 6 and climbing....

  • I've seen the Brown play in Florida on multiple occasions but have yet to see them win. I'm looking forward to my first time watching the boys win a game here in Florida. Don't let me down!!!

  • Zombo said:

    I was surprised we are only for 4 point favorites ... which means Vegas thinks were are 7 points better.

    Zombo

    @downsouthkc said:

    4 point favorites? Think I'm gonna bet that.

    It's creeping up.... should be 7 by the end of week....right now betting is strong on the Browns, so many odds are at 5 to 6 and climbing....

    @mudfly said:

    It's creeping up.... should be 7 by the end of week....right now betting is strong on the Browns, so many odds are at 5 to 6 and climbing....

    The experienced gamblers will throw down $$ early and that will force that line up a fair bit very soon.

    Edit: this game worries me from an offensive stand point. We won't miss Mack so much in the run game, but pass protection will suffer. Last I checked, the Jags have a pretty good pass rush as well.

  • I guess the result of this game goes hand in hand with Mike Pettine and this staff's coaching this week.

    If these coaches are as good as we think, this game shouldn't be close.

  • I guess the result of this game goes hand in hand with Mike Pettine and this staff's coaching this week.

    If these coaches are as good as we think, this game shouldn't be close.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I guess the result of this game goes hand in hand with Mike Pettine and this staff's coaching this week.

    If these coaches are as good as we think, this game shouldn't be close.

    I believe that the coach's success is already showing in spades...

    The fact that we got our asses handed to us in the first half at Pitts and Tenn, then came out and kicked their asses, SHOWS me that this team has character...and I think it's the coaching......last year we kicked ass in the first 1/2, then lost....over and over again...

    And after that record setting come back in Tenn, you'd almost expect a let down. But, no....We came home, worked hard, showed improvement and had our best game yet...kicking the crap out of pitts

    So...all this, plus the home opener - Pitts losing streaks broken.....tells me Pettine looks like the man...

  • Would require you guys falling asleep at the wheel and us playing a near perfect game to see anything other then a blow out Sunday.

  • Everything on paper says we should win...and that's exactly what scares me.

  • The jags always seem to have the browns number too

  • Just read that Williams is probably a no go with his concussion.

    Time for Gilbert to step up. Big game for him.

    Hurns has elite speed and Shorts showed us last year he can give Haden fits.

    Better score early and often

  • Gilbert will have an interception and step up this game. Rookie learning curve, that's all, he'll be fine.

  • As all Browns fans know, we can never make these type of games look easy. Bortles not good with pressure in his face, but were not getting enough from our D either. Lots of screens, Shorts lll, Hurns good 2nd WR. Cover clean and must tackle. Bortles 3 turnovers BROWNS 24 Rags 16. Go Dawgs!!

  • Local radio predicting a Jags win this weekend... however, the only rationale that could be given was "The Jags have to win a game sometime, why not this one?"

  • Local radio predicting a Jags win this weekend... however, the only rationale that could be given was "The Jags have to win a game sometime, why not this one?"

    @northfloridadawg said:

    Local radio predicting a Jags win this weekend... however, the only rationale that could be given was "The Jags have to win a game sometime, why not this one?"

    They don't have to win sometime.

    Z

  • I've already seen Reporters breaking down the Browns vs Tampa (by passing the Raider game) already.

    If the Team gets anything like this is their heads, plus a possible let down after a big victory, this could be a really tough game.

    I still don't know what our D is really going to be like, with all the injuries it's even harder to get a good read.

    This is another road game too, so we still need to build some momentum on winning those - Tenn was the first in a year.

  • I agree that the D is a question mark, but I still feel like going into this week, it will be enough to contain the Jags. The already horrible Jags running game may be worse for wear this week (according to reports Toby Gerhart missed practice again yesterday). Bortles has shown glimpses of pretty good quarterback play, especially if you account for the awful line in front of him; but he has also shown the tendency to make some bad rookie mistakes and it ends up costing his team in the form of interceptions and missed opportunities. I hope that the Browns come to town with the mentality that they are the superior team (something that we've not been able to say very often) and go about the business of crushing any hope the Jags have from the get-go.

  • I agree that the D is a question mark, but I still feel like going into this week, it will be enough to contain the Jags. The already horrible Jags running game may be worse for wear this week (according to reports Toby Gerhart missed practice again yesterday). Bortles has shown glimpses of pretty good quarterback play, especially if you account for the awful line in front of him; but he has also shown the tendency to make some bad rookie mistakes and it ends up costing his team in the form of interceptions and missed opportunities. I hope that the Browns come to town with the mentality that they are the superior team (something that we've not been able to say very often) and go about the business of crushing any hope the Jags have from the get-go.

    @northfloridadawg said:

    I agree that the D is a question mark, but I still feel like going into this week, it will be enough to contain the Jags. The already horrible Jags running game may be worse for wear this week (according to reports Toby Gerhart missed practice again yesterday). Bortles has shown glimpses of pretty good quarterback play, especially if you account for the awful line in front of him; but he has also shown the tendency to make some bad rookie mistakes and it ends up costing his team in the form of interceptions and missed opportunities. I hope that the Browns come to town with the mentality that they are the superior team (something that we've not been able to say very often) and go about the business of crushing any hope the Jags have from the get-go.

    Yea the D shouldn't have any issues with the jags offense. They just don't have enough there

  • The Jags are tied for 2nd in the league with 19 sacks. We need to protect Hoyer. Other than that the Jags don't match up with us at all. Browns pitch their first shutout 31-0

    Go Browns!