Should Greco stay at Center?
-
During the Steeler game, Greco had to move to center to fill the gap for the loss of Mack. The run game didn't show any signs of slowing down.
I caught bits and pieces of the first half on TV and filled the rest in on the radio as I had to work yesterday, but obviously the O-line was pretty bad yesterday and had some issues with signals with the line.
I watched some of All Bets are Off or whatever it is called now with Drennen and all he kept saying was that McQuistian looked like a bum and the Browns basically had 4 linemen out there.
I know they say if you can play Guard you can play Center, but I have to wonder, why move one starter to a different position and bring in another fresh starter to fill the other. To me you are bring in 2 new linemen in that situation instead of just one. Wouldn't it have been easier to sign a Center and keep the rest of the line where it was? I know the Jacksonville front 4 are suppose to be pretty stout, but how stout can you be with that record? Other teams were able to handle them.
Looks like they cut Agnew and brought in another FB to help with the run blocking, will they/should they bring in another Center?
During the Steeler game, Greco had to move to center to fill the gap for the loss of Mack. The run game didn't show any signs of slowing down.
I caught bits and pieces of the first half on TV and filled the rest in on the radio as I had to work yesterday, but obviously the O-line was pretty bad yesterday and had some issues with signals with the line.
I watched some of All Bets are Off or whatever it is called now with Drennen and all he kept saying was that McQuistian looked like a bum and the Browns basically had 4 linemen out there.
I know they say if you can play Guard you can play Center, but I have to wonder, why move one starter to a different position and bring in another fresh starter to fill the other. To me you are bring in 2 new linemen in that situation instead of just one. Wouldn't it have been easier to sign a Center and keep the rest of the line where it was? I know the Jacksonville front 4 are suppose to be pretty stout, but how stout can you be with that record? Other teams were able to handle them.
Looks like they cut Agnew and brought in another FB to help with the run blocking, will they/should they bring in another Center?
I watched some of McQuistan in the preseason, and I thought he stunk. I ditto Ag's comments- can't wait to see Tour's line grades. Farmer may regret letting Gilkey get loose.
Problem with O-Line pressures is yesterday Ben Tate proved he isn't willing to stop anyone in the backfield, talk about a pussy
He's not exactly setting the world on fire running either. MHO is Crowell is outplaying him.
-
Believe me when I say this cause nobody else has.. Jerry Jones is no genius even if the media says so..Romo signs of bad back week 2, Jerry comes out with I wanted Johnny Football.. Now Dallas and Romo OK and the Media what's to king Jerry Jones for Drafting 3 Offensive Lineman.. Blow Me,, Had to be a street Bum, There all wiser than Jerry.. With a Smile,, Oh I HATE THEM COWBOYS..
Wtf?
Believe me when I say this cause nobody else has.. Jerry Jones is no genius even if the media says so..Romo signs of bad back week 2, Jerry comes out with I wanted Johnny Football.. Now Dallas and Romo OK and the Media what's to king Jerry Jones for Drafting 3 Offensive Lineman.. Blow Me,, Had to be a street Bum, There all wiser than Jerry.. With a Smile,, Oh I HATE THEM COWBOYS..
-
No he needs to go back to RG, so weaken only one position instead of two, seems pretty simple to me?
-
Someone else? Who might that be? Yes we lose a lot when Greco doesn't play guard. We lose a lot at center when he plays there and guard when McQ plays.
One thing I have always heard is that offensive wines take time to get into rhythm with each other. It was a sudden change in the Steelers game and the Steelers didn't adjust. The Jaguars had a week to look at the tape.
One positive aspect of the Osiris plan is that there's only one guy playing out of position, whoever the new center might wind up being.
WSS
-
Someone else? Who might that be? Yes we lose a lot when Greco doesn't play guard. We lose a lot at center when he plays there and guard when McQ plays.
One thing I have always heard is that offensive wines take time to get into rhythm with each other. It was a sudden change in the Steelers game and the Steelers didn't adjust. The Jaguars had a week to look at the tape.
One positive aspect of the Osiris plan is that there's only one guy playing out of position, whoever the new center might wind up being.
WSS
Someone else? Who might that be? Yes we lose a lot when Greco doesn't play guard. We lose a lot at center when he plays there and guard when McQ plays.
One thing I have always heard is that offensive wines take time to get into rhythm with each other. It was a sudden change in the Steelers game and the Steelers didn't adjust. The Jaguars had a week to look at the tape.
One positive aspect of the Osiris plan is that there's only one guy playing out of position, whoever the new center might wind up being.
WSS
Right, part of that wine is that there is a relationship between you and the guy immediately next to you. I played RT in high school, and there was a chemistry between myself and the RG. By moving Greco to center, you both put him out of position and disrupt the chemistry between him and Schwartz. Since most running plays aren't going to be coming behind center in a zone block scheme, from a running standpoint, I don't think center is all that critical. We need to look at Nick McDonald or Braxton Cave at center and hope he can just hold the line.
-
Well get on it. I always look forward to it. I suspect it will be much uglier than anything this whole season.
LOL... I almost made it thru Q1 yesterday... it's a tough one to be sure. But so far it's been a fairly uniform fail amongst the O-line with no one spectacularly bad, but all taking individual turns.
Our late FB on the other hand...
Here's the funniest thing tho... I had no memory of a decent start; a 5-yd, Tate run followed by a crisp 12-yd pass to Austin. And then...
-
Someone else? Who might that be? Yes we lose a lot when Greco doesn't play guard. We lose a lot at center when he plays there and guard when McQ plays.
One thing I have always heard is that offensive wines take time to get into rhythm with each other. It was a sudden change in the Steelers game and the Steelers didn't adjust. The Jaguars had a week to look at the tape.
One positive aspect of the Osiris plan is that there's only one guy playing out of position, whoever the new center might wind up being.
WSS
Someone else? Who might that be? Yes we lose a lot when Greco doesn't play guard. We lose a lot at center when he plays there and guard when McQ plays.
One thing I have always heard is that offensive wines take time to get into rhythm with each other. It was a sudden change in the Steelers game and the Steelers didn't adjust. The Jaguars had a week to look at the tape.
One positive aspect of the Osiris plan is that there's only one guy playing out of position, whoever the new center might wind up being.
WSS
Makes a lot of sense Steve- but if you do bring a warm body in there @ center, he at least better be good enough to not get shoved back into Hoyer's face on every passing play.
-
After further review....
Greco hurts us at Center, but McQ kills us at RG.
I really don't know what we have in McDonald and Painter, but Painter's measurables are closer to Bito's than McDonald's are.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=115133&draftyear=2014&genpos=OG
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83926&draftyear=2013&genpos=ot
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=88756&draftyear=2010&genpos=OT
If I'm the Browns here is what I look at:
Painter at LG
Bito at Center
Greco at RG
We ask more of our Center than either of our OGs. Of the available players, Bito is 2nd only to JT in the physical ability to carry that load.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login