Skip to content

Raider Week...

The Browns Board
39 24 1.5k
  • The Raiders had the Draft that I was envisioning for the Cleveland Browns. They got Mack and Carr and we got Gilbert and Manziel(plus a first round pick next year from Buffalo). I can't say that our lot is a bad one.

    Manziel is the future of the NFL, he needs to learn and grow into his role as the future Leader of the Cleveland Browns.

    While Gilbert has struggled somewhat early this year, that is to be expected from a rookie CB in the NFL. Cornerbacks are very delicate entities in the NFL. I always say that you have to have Cornerback Confidence. Even when you know for a fact that the guy opposite from you is better athletically, measures out bigger and faster than you, has the experience that you don't have and so forth, you have to stand across from him and convince yourself- Not today. Gilbert will be a very fine CB in the NFL he just needs the time to develop and build upon his confidence, much like Buster Skrine had to do his first year or two. He's a giant in a little man's body and he shows massive heart and determination, mentally and physically.

    Those guys and also another pick in the first round which will make our off-season once again exciting and allow us to build upon what is already here, shoot- another big draft and we could easily be one of the deepest NFL rosters in the National Football League.

    So, while I really like Carr and Mack, I think they are both very dangerous and excellent football player that can dominate at their positions, I'm standing across from them this week and convincing myself- Not Today.

  • The Raiders had the Draft that I was envisioning for the Cleveland Browns. They got Mack and Carr and we got Gilbert and Manziel(plus a first round pick next year from Buffalo). I can't say that our lot is a bad one.

    Manziel is the future of the NFL, he needs to learn and grow into his role as the future Leader of the Cleveland Browns.

    While Gilbert has struggled somewhat early this year, that is to be expected from a rookie CB in the NFL. Cornerbacks are very delicate entities in the NFL. I always say that you have to have Cornerback Confidence. Even when you know for a fact that the guy opposite from you is better athletically, measures out bigger and faster than you, has the experience that you don't have and so forth, you have to stand across from him and convince yourself- Not today. Gilbert will be a very fine CB in the NFL he just needs the time to develop and build upon his confidence, much like Buster Skrine had to do his first year or two. He's a giant in a little man's body and he shows massive heart and determination, mentally and physically.

    Those guys and also another pick in the first round which will make our off-season once again exciting and allow us to build upon what is already here, shoot- another big draft and we could easily be one of the deepest NFL rosters in the National Football League.

    So, while I really like Carr and Mack, I think they are both very dangerous and excellent football player that can dominate at their positions, I'm standing across from them this week and convincing myself- Not Today.

    @poeticg said:

    Manziel is the future of the NFL...

    So, while I really like Carr and Mack, I think they are both very dangerous and excellent football player that can dominate at their positions, I'm standing across from them this week and convincing myself- Not Today.

    Congrats... You just may have tabbed the best QB in the Class of '14. To date Carr has looked the best.

    ... but saying "Manziel is the future of the NFL" puts your judgment in doubt again... ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • Gilbert finally started to look like a first-round pick last week. I'd rather have Good Gilbert and a second 1st-rounder next year than the OAK picks.

  • Raiders fan here. When I was a kid, they were great. Not so much for the past decade.

    I have no idea who will win this weekend. After the first games against NY Jets and Houston I was convinced 0-16 was our destination. I have watched NFL football for 40 years and the Raiders were the most inept, disorganized group I recall seeing. Sporano has made a big difference so we have a chance against the Browns.

    -Carr looks like the real deal

    -Our receivers would be twos, threes or deeper on other teams.

    -Worst positions are tight end and middle LB (I don't think our MLB would even be a backup on most NFL teams)

    -secondary decimated by injuries and wasn't exactly all pro to begin with.

    We appear to be playing hard, Sporano has us playing together, we have a few good young players. I think we will win one or two this year...maybe against you guys?

    without looking close it appears Manziel was a wasted pick...what do you guys think?

  • I still hate the manziel pick.

  • Wanted Watkins and Carr with our first picks

  • Raiders fan here. When I was a kid, they were great. Not so much for the past decade.

    I have no idea who will win this weekend. After the first games against NY Jets and Houston I was convinced 0-16 was our destination. I have watched NFL football for 40 years and the Raiders were the most inept, disorganized group I recall seeing. Sporano has made a big difference so we have a chance against the Browns.

    -Carr looks like the real deal

    -Our receivers would be twos, threes or deeper on other teams.

    -Worst positions are tight end and middle LB (I don't think our MLB would even be a backup on most NFL teams)

    -secondary decimated by injuries and wasn't exactly all pro to begin with.

    We appear to be playing hard, Sporano has us playing together, we have a few good young players. I think we will win one or two this year...maybe against you guys?

    without looking close it appears Manziel was a wasted pick...what do you guys think?

    I don't hate JM at 22... I would have at 4 and at 8.

    @rhumbob said:

    Raiders fan here. When I was a kid, they were great. Not so much for the past decade.

    Many of us here could have written the above.

    As for today's game, I think it really will come down to our O-line vs. your front 7...

  • Raiders fan here. When I was a kid, they were great. Not so much for the past decade.

    I have no idea who will win this weekend. After the first games against NY Jets and Houston I was convinced 0-16 was our destination. I have watched NFL football for 40 years and the Raiders were the most inept, disorganized group I recall seeing. Sporano has made a big difference so we have a chance against the Browns.

    -Carr looks like the real deal

    -Our receivers would be twos, threes or deeper on other teams.

    -Worst positions are tight end and middle LB (I don't think our MLB would even be a backup on most NFL teams)

    -secondary decimated by injuries and wasn't exactly all pro to begin with.

    We appear to be playing hard, Sporano has us playing together, we have a few good young players. I think we will win one or two this year...maybe against you guys?

    without looking close it appears Manziel was a wasted pick...what do you guys think?

    @rhumbob said:

    Raiders fan here. When I was a kid, they were great. Not so much for the past decade.

    I have no idea who will win this weekend. After the first games against NY Jets and Houston I was convinced 0-16 was our destination. I have watched NFL football for 40 years and the Raiders were the most inept, disorganized group I recall seeing. Sporano has made a big difference so we have a chance against the Browns.

    -Carr looks like the real deal

    -Our receivers would be twos, threes or deeper on other teams.

    -Worst positions are tight end and middle LB (I don't think our MLB would even be a backup on most NFL teams)

    -secondary decimated by injuries and wasn't exactly all pro to begin with.

    We appear to be playing hard, Sporano has us playing together, we have a few good young players. I think we will win one or two this year...maybe against you guys?

    without looking close it appears Manziel was a wasted pick...what do you guys think?

    Thanks for the quick facts, I always root for the Raiders because they are the only team since I've been watching that has had it worse than Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another close game, but we all hope the crappy lose last week has them ready today.

    The bottom line with Manziel is it's too early to say anything about being a wasted pick because he hasn't played. Most everyone I've talked to though are more than glad he didn't get the week 1 start.

  • No gameday thread yet, so I'll post this here :

    Michael McLain @MichaelMcLain2 ยท 2h 2 hours ago Not sure what it means but I just saw Desmond Bryant walking from the stadium towards the parking lot.

    O-Line status :

    Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi ยท 1h 1 hour ago #Browns will start Nick McDonald at C, John Greco at RG.

    I think this is a good move getting Greco back at RG.

    DL :

    Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi ยท 1h 1 hour ago Other #Browns game day note: NT Ahtyba Rubin active, DE Billy Winn inactive.

  • PoG has at least shut up the Carr haters for the time being.

    WSS