Skip to content

Michael Sam released.

The Browns Board
40 21 1.5k
  • his NFL career lasted as long as a good ass-fuckin.

  • Just what we need, a fudge packer. No fucking thanks.

  • Really? Don't we have enough media coverage and distractions with Gordon/Manziel/Hoyer than to bring on another media circus?

    @poeticg said:

    Really? Don't we have enough media coverage and distractions with Gordon/Manziel/Hoyer than to bring on another media circus?

    Cleveland home of the Gay Olympics- a match made well, I'll let you decide. Heard this on the way home, and I tend to agree- "if Sams had just shut his mouth about his sexual orientation, he'd probably still be on an NFL roster somewhere.

  • @poeticg said:

    Really? Don't we have enough media coverage and distractions with Gordon/Manziel/Hoyer than to bring on another media circus?

    Cleveland home of the Gay Olympics- a match made well, I'll let you decide. Heard this on the way home, and I tend to agree- "if Sams had just shut his mouth about his sexual orientation, he'd probably still be on an NFL roster somewhere.

    @hoorta said:

    Cleveland home of the Gay Olympics- a match made well, I'll let you decide. Heard this on the way home, and I tend to agree- "if Sams had just shut his mouth about his sexual orientation, he'd probably still be on an NFL roster somewhere.

    What he needs to do is get Estrogen therapy shots and "transform" and get a job doing pedicures.. It's about all he has going for him..He'll be out of the league soon.. with a law suit for discrimination,pending.

  • To bad we already played the Steelers twice...

    Could line him up and let him force himself on Big Ben and pack his fudge all game long... Give Ben a taste of his own medicine.

  • @poeticg said:

    Really? Don't we have enough media coverage and distractions with Gordon/Manziel/Hoyer than to bring on another media circus?

    Cleveland home of the Gay Olympics- a match made well, I'll let you decide. Heard this on the way home, and I tend to agree- "if Sams had just shut his mouth about his sexual orientation, he'd probably still be on an NFL roster somewhere.

    @hoorta said:

    Cleveland home of the Gay Olympics- a match made well, I'll let you decide. Heard this on the way home, and I tend to agree- "if Sams had just shut his mouth about his sexual orientation, he'd probably still be on an NFL roster somewhere.

    I don't think that is it. I just think he isn't very good. Plain and simple.

    That said, who did the Browns pick up to replace Armonty Bryant?

  • I do feel sorry for the kid. He got way more press than aNY other player possessed of his skill set because of his orientation. Might be tougher to fail with the national spotlight in your eyes.

    WSS

  • Just what we need, a fudge packer. No fucking thanks.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Just what we need, a fudge packer. No fucking thanks.

    Keep going, you've almost fooled us into believing you're heterosexual.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Just what we need, a fudge packer. No fucking thanks.

    Keep going, you've almost fooled us into believing you're heterosexual.

    @erniecamacho84 said:

    Keep going, you've almost fooled us into believing you're heterosexual.

    Go snort some crack homo.

  • @poeticg said:

    Really? Don't we have enough media coverage and distractions with Gordon/Manziel/Hoyer than to bring on another media circus?

    Cleveland home of the Gay Olympics- a match made well, I'll let you decide. Heard this on the way home, and I tend to agree- "if Sams had just shut his mouth about his sexual orientation, he'd probably still be on an NFL roster somewhere.

    @hoorta said:

    Cleveland home of the Gay Olympics- a match made well, I'll let you decide. Heard this on the way home, and I tend to agree- "if Sams had just shut his mouth about his sexual orientation, he'd probably still be on an NFL roster somewhere.

    And the cheerleaders from "The Longest Yard" (original version)

  • It's simple for Michael Sam, and it's the reason he won't land a job in the NFL. The position he plays (DE) has an almost requirement to have multiple skill sets to be effective. While true there are a few select "pass rush specialists" in the NFL (which is what I'd classify Sam as), it's a dying breed.

  • I'd bring him in. Use him to spell Kruger and Sheard. Wouldn't use him in Mingo's spot cause then you're asking coverage duties...but to rush and set the edge? why not? The media circus is over on him anyway. He's someone we might be able to develop.

  • honestly the more I think about it the more we should do it. Dude flashed on our o line in preseason so he has some pass rushing potential. He's too small probably to fill in for Armonty, but he might be able to do the 3-4 DE on 3rd downs and fill in some at OLB. Both positions we need depth at now because i honestly think Kruger is gonna gimp along the rest of the season. If you had to have an epidural before a game that means there's something there that needs "weeks" of rest, which he's not gonna get from here on out so at best we might get 70-80% out of him the rest of the season. Best case scenario. Who cares who Michael Sam fucks on his own time. If he came to cleveland and played his ass off for the Browns than fuck yeah bring him in.

  • I'd bring him in. Use him to spell Kruger and Sheard. Wouldn't use him in Mingo's spot cause then you're asking coverage duties...but to rush and set the edge? why not? The media circus is over on him anyway. He's someone we might be able to develop.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I'd bring him in. Use him to spell Kruger and Sheard. Wouldn't use him in Mingo's spot cause then you're asking coverage duties...but to rush and set the edge? why not? The media circus is over on him anyway. He's someone we might be able to develop.

    He's been dumped by two teams already- I guess a practice squad spot is cheap,and worth a gamble. Just give him his own locker room- call it "Sams Club". 😁

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I'd bring him in. Use him to spell Kruger and Sheard. Wouldn't use him in Mingo's spot cause then you're asking coverage duties...but to rush and set the edge? why not? The media circus is over on him anyway. He's someone we might be able to develop.

    He's been dumped by two teams already- I guess a practice squad spot is cheap,and worth a gamble. Just give him his own locker room- call it "Sams Club". 😁

    He got waived by the Rams and Cowboys....both teams utterly stacked at his position. We are depleted....I would absolutely have him on the practice squad and try to develop him for a year or two. He could turn out to be a vicious hybrid. He seems to be a good kid too so he's the kind of guy that you can keep on the team and try to develop for a couple years. Literally costs nothing.

    @hoorta said:

    He's been dumped by two teams already- I guess a practice squad spot is cheap,and worth a gamble. Just give him his own locker room- call it "Sams Club". 😁

  • Heard a discussion on the radio this morning. Some guys were saying that team's wouldn't sign him because he was gay, other's said they wouldn't sign him because they didn't want all the distraction of having him on the team.

    But my question is this: Both the Rams and the Cowboys went through all the turmoil.....if there was any when they signed him. So it would make no sense to release him because he was a distraction to the team....as the team had already undergone the distraction when they signed him. The reason to release him would be because once they had him on the team they realized he just wasn't good enough for them to keep him. OK, sure, maybe those team had better players where maybe another team could still use him. Remains to be seen.

    If not....has the CFL had gay players? Arena League?

  • Heard a discussion on the radio this morning. Some guys were saying that team's wouldn't sign him because he was gay, other's said they wouldn't sign him because they didn't want all the distraction of having him on the team.

    But my question is this: Both the Rams and the Cowboys went through all the turmoil.....if there was any when they signed him. So it would make no sense to release him because he was a distraction to the team....as the team had already undergone the distraction when they signed him. The reason to release him would be because once they had him on the team they realized he just wasn't good enough for them to keep him. OK, sure, maybe those team had better players where maybe another team could still use him. Remains to be seen.

    If not....has the CFL had gay players? Arena League?

    @the-gipper said:

    Heard a discussion on the radio this morning. Some guys were saying that team's wouldn't sign him because he was gay, other's said they wouldn't sign him because they didn't want all the distraction of having him on the team.

    But my question is this: Both the Rams and the Cowboys went through all the turmoil.....if there was any when they signed him. So it would make no sense to release him because he was a distraction to the team....as the team had already undergone the distraction when they signed him. The reason to release him would be because once they had him on the team they realized he just wasn't good enough for them to keep him. OK, sure, maybe those team had better players where maybe another team could still use him. Remains to be seen.

    If not....has the CFL had gay players? Arena League?

    And then maybe..., He just flat out stinks,too..

  • Honestly, I'd sign him and he's probably better than Mingo anyways.

    Why not? It won't to hurt to see what he can bring as an OLB in our 3-4

    @walterwhite said:

    Honestly, I'd sign him and he's probably better than Mingo anyways.

    Why not? It won't to hurt to see what he can bring as an OLB in our 3-4

    Might as well, at least you know he sucks coming in... 😉

  • AxeA Axe

    @walterwhite said:

    Honestly, I'd sign him and he's probably better than Mingo anyways.

    Why not? It won't to hurt to see what he can bring as an OLB in our 3-4

    Might as well, at least you know he sucks coming in... 😉

    @axe said:

    Might as well, at least you know he sucks coming in... 😉

    Well played, sir. 🙂

  • Why not see what he can do on the PS? If he is terrible, ship him out. He is a liability in coverage now but he could be developed into a serviceable backup who knows how to pass rush.