Josh Cribbs?
-
No thanks on cribbs
-
Leroy Kelly was a great punt returner, as was Greg Pruitt and Dino Hall. And Homer Jones. I bet they are all available....if they are not dead. Let's sign them.
Gale Sayers too, if we can get his rights from the Bears.
-
The thing is, Yeah, I get what your saying. But Cribbs is not that old. He's 31, he's younger than Dansby and Dansby has been playing younger than his age. Cribbs could have some left in the tank still. Plus, he's had quite some time to get his body healthy and strong again. He was beaten down by so many hits then but he should be fresh now. Could you imagine the City of Cleveland blowing the fuck up if he were to return. Cribbs and LeBron James coming home? Epic. Think about it.
-
Leroy Kelly was a great punt returner, as was Greg Pruitt and Dino Hall. And Homer Jones. I bet they are all available....if they are not dead. Let's sign them.
Gale Sayers too, if we can get his rights from the Bears.
Can any of them catch a damn punt? If so, than yes sign themLeroy Kelly was a great punt returner, as was Greg Pruitt and Dino Hall. And Homer Jones. I bet they are all available....if they are not dead. Let's sign them.
Gale Sayers too, if we can get his rights from the Bears.
-
Josh Cribbs was my favorite player on the roster, I was very sad to see him go. He was the only offensive weapon Colt McCoy had, besides that one year where Hillis was good. That kickoff return against the Steelers brings back great memories. It would be nice to have him associated with the team in some way, as a player would be great but even as a veteran presence at practices to teach these guys what not to do on punt returns. At this point, put in JFF for punt returns. No one seems to be reliable out there.
-
Holy shit... if Cribbs comes back (and makes some kind of contribution) with everything else going on in Cleveland... the place will erupt.
-
Fuck it.....why not. We don't even have a return game. How stupid is that I ask you?
-
On twitter and instagram there is a movement to bring back Josh Cribbs, I looked it up after my first post. It seems to be gaining momentum. I guess he tore a pectoral muscle late last December and said he should be good to go by the summer. Well the summer has come and past and he's been working out, I hear he's in the best shape of his life. Stronger, faster, leaner... if we don't at least call and work him out we are fucking not cutting it in Berea.
Cribbs is an icon, he's bigger than Johnny Football in Cleveland. If Haslam is looking to capitalize on sponsorships and facetime then there really isn't a better opportunity to cash in on than this. Cribbs would LOVE to come back, Cleveland Browns NEED Cribbs to come back. Make it happen Haslam. We can have Lebron, Gordon and Cribbs all coming back at the same time... a late intro for Gordon but around the same time.
Cribbs would have an immediate impact, you don't forget how to gun down punt returners or catch the punt or kick and run.
Cleveland's Special Teams are fucking horrible. Bringing back a fresh and determined Josh Cribbs while he's still in his prime would be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Would Cribbs even pass a physical at this point? Cribbs did great for us, but dude is over 30 now I think we have better options - just not Benjamin or Poyer.
-
Can any of them catch a damn punt? If so, than yes sign themLeroy Kelly was a great punt returner, as was Greg Pruitt and Dino Hall. And Homer Jones. I bet they are all available....if they are not dead. Let's sign them.
Gale Sayers too, if we can get his rights from the Bears.
Can any of them catch a damn punt? If so, than yes sign them
I totally agree dude.. We have nobody else.. And he has the experience.
-
This is far from the stupidest thing you've said, PG. That doesn't mean it's a *good* idea, but worth 'kicking the tyres' as they say.
-
I was just thinking about this past game and was really pissed about that muffed punt in our own redzone. That was a game killer. We have nobody on this roster that I feel safe with fielding punts or returning kicks. Nobody. Then I got to thinking about Josh Cribbs. He would be a HUGE spark to Special Teams and an ace on the field. I know he older now and all, maybe a step or two slower but I think that he's a free agent right now and adding him would be huge. Sign Josh Cribbs.
I was just thinking about this past game and was really pissed about that muffed punt in our own redzone. That was a game killer. We have nobody on this roster that I feel safe with fielding punts or returning kicks. Nobody. Then I got to thinking about Josh Cribbs. He would be a HUGE spark to Special Teams and an ace on the field. I know he older now and all, maybe a step or two slower but I think that he's a free agent right now and adding him would be huge. Sign Josh Cribbs.
Just no, no, and no. He's as washed up as a dead whale on a beach. It takes more than just being able to catch a punt to make an NFL roster. Others have suggested a far better option- put Gilbert back there to see what he can do. I'd bet you right now Gilbert would beat Josh by 15 yards in a 100 dash. Cribbs never had sprinters speed- he was just shifty & once they changed the wedge rules on kickoffs, he was toast.
Take your psych meds.
Nope, he's on Cloud 9, now that one of his faves (Colt McCoy) is actually going to start another game in the NFL. Show me what you're made of Colt boy. However, his other stud Trent "beast" Richardson is continuing to show he's a major bust. Averaging a not so studly 3.5 ypc with 2 tds ( for comparison Crowell is averaging 5.0 with 4 TDs).
PG, I hope they come up with a Reality Pill soon to help you out.
-
Over 30???!!!...holy shit!! Can he still walk?
-
This is far from the stupidest thing you've said, PG. That doesn't mean it's a *good* idea, but worth 'kicking the tyres' as they say.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
