Skip to content

Josh Cribbs?

The Browns Board
65 25 3.1k
  • If Cribbs was a fraction of what he used to be he'd be on a team right now. We have other options we could use at PR - but Pettine hasn't decided to change anything.

    @bbedward said:

    If Cribbs was a fraction of what he used to be he'd be on a team right now. We have other options we could use at PR - but Pettine hasn't decided to change anything.

    Exactly....he played really hard (on a lot of shitty teams) and his career was shortened because of it. I'm perfectly fine with sending Jim Leonard back there to fair catch every punt or let them go into the end zone and playing offense. We don't need the kind of momentum shifting turnover that Benjamin almost cost us this past weekend.

  • Cribbs must of at least lost a step or he would still be playing. He was a heck of a kick coverage guy as well, of course with all the kicks going in the end zone, that is not nearly as important anymore.

  • You know, PG usually says some of the dumbest inane shit on this board, and sometimes I question if he isn't a little "special," but bringing Cribbs back at league minimum to return kicks isn't the worst idea in the world. I'm not saying PG is smart, this is just less stupid than usual.

  • You know, PG usually says some of the dumbest inane shit on this board, and sometimes I question if he isn't a little "special," but bringing Cribbs back at league minimum to return kicks isn't the worst idea in the world. I'm not saying PG is smart, this is just less stupid than usual.

    @bonedawg said:

    You know, PG usually says some of the dumbest inane shit on this board, and sometimes I question if he isn't a little "special," but bringing Cribbs back at league minimum to return kicks isn't the worst idea in the world. I'm not saying PG is smart, this is just less stupid than usual.

    It is when he has about as much left in the tank as Leroy Kelly or Greg Pruitt. Maybe we could get Dino Hall back..he probably has as much left in the tank as Cribbs at this point.

  • Over 30???!!!...holy shit!! Can he still walk?

    @lodilobo said:

    Over 30???!!!...holy shit!! Can he still walk?

    Yeah no shit, 31 my god he'd have to roll out there in his walker. Lol

    I have no idea whether Josh Cribbs can still play or not....but what on earth would it hurt to try him out? All of you fuckers that wouldn't even look at him are gutless little shit stains that kid balled his ass off for us. He deserved the big city poster over that fake fucking d bag from Akron. If he ain't better than what we got, than he probably can't play in the NFL at all given what we got is horrible. Again I have really no opinion either way cause I would have to see him run and all that.

  • POG . I'm never backing you again....Vickers....reallly?

    Vickers was actually on the table before the season. Tate wanted him in Cleveland. Now if Vickers was a bum would Tate want him infront of him because a bad FB would directly impact Tate. Just saying. I kind of trust Tate if he said Vickers was still a hell of a FB and blew shit up for him in Houston.

    @letsgojackets said:

    POG . I'm never backing you again....Vickers....reallly?

  • @bonedawg said:

    You know, PG usually says some of the dumbest inane shit on this board, and sometimes I question if he isn't a little "special," but bringing Cribbs back at league minimum to return kicks isn't the worst idea in the world. I'm not saying PG is smart, this is just less stupid than usual.

    It is when he has about as much left in the tank as Leroy Kelly or Greg Pruitt. Maybe we could get Dino Hall back..he probably has as much left in the tank as Cribbs at this point.

    @mark-o said:

    It is when he has about as much left in the tank as Leroy Kelly or Greg Pruitt. Maybe we could get Dino Hall back..he probably has as much left in the tank as Cribbs at this point.

    Who knows if he has still got it, but the motherfucker is 31. Stop acting like he is 50. As far as I am concerned Cribbs only needs to do two things to be an upgrade to what we have now.

    1. Catch the fucking ball

    2. Average more than 1.9 yards a return

    He's definitely capable of number 1 and most likely number 2. Play him on special teams and add him as WR5 or whatever is just for show. Personally, I always thought Cribbs would have been a better safety than WR, but that is why I don't coach in the NFL.

  • @mark-o said:

    It is when he has about as much left in the tank as Leroy Kelly or Greg Pruitt. Maybe we could get Dino Hall back..he probably has as much left in the tank as Cribbs at this point.

    Who knows if he has still got it, but the motherfucker is 31. Stop acting like he is 50. As far as I am concerned Cribbs only needs to do two things to be an upgrade to what we have now.

    1. Catch the fucking ball

    2. Average more than 1.9 yards a return

    He's definitely capable of number 1 and most likely number 2. Play him on special teams and add him as WR5 or whatever is just for show. Personally, I always thought Cribbs would have been a better safety than WR, but that is why I don't coach in the NFL.

    @bonedawg said:

    Who knows if he has still got it, but the motherfucker is 31. Stop acting like he is 50. As far as I am concerned Cribbs only needs to do two things to be an upgrade to what we have now.

    1. Catch the fucking ball

    2. Average more than 1.9 yards a return

    He's definitely capable of number 1 and most likely number 2. Play him on special teams and add him as WR5 or whatever is just for show. Personally, I always thought Cribbs would have been a better safety than WR, but that is why I don't coach in the NFL.

    He looked damn close to 50 when he was done playing here.

    As for your two requirements...we already have someone on the roster capable of #1, that's why you saw Leonard out there the rest of the game after the Benjamin fiasco. I truly could care less about #2. The defense did their job and got off the field, just fair catch the motherfucker and bring on the offense. How many punt returns for TD's are there in the league so far this year. I don't know the answer but I can't recall the last one I saw and I watch all the games.

    Cribbs is done...actually a bit overdone for my taste. Let him keep working on TV in Cleveland and hell they should bring him out to be a honorary captain or something at some point. He gave 110% every play of every game while he was here and the shelf life just isn't that long for a guy who got beat up on special teams like he did.

  • Cribbs must of at least lost a step or he would still be playing. He was a heck of a kick coverage guy as well, of course with all the kicks going in the end zone, that is not nearly as important anymore.

    @falcon7 said:

    Cribbs must of at least lost a step or he would still be playing. He was a heck of a kick coverage guy as well, of course with all the kicks going in the end zone, that is not nearly as important anymore.

    He's lost more than a step- and that was two years ago.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Yeah no shit, 31 my god he'd have to roll out there in his walker. Lol

    I have no idea whether Josh Cribbs can still play or not....but what on earth would it hurt to try him out? All of you fuckers that wouldn't even look at him are gutless little shit stains that kid balled his ass off for us. He deserved the big city poster over that fake fucking d bag from Akron. If he ain't better than what we got, than he probably can't play in the NFL at all given what we got is horrible. Again I have really no opinion either way cause I would have to see him run and all that.

    Let's bring back Bernie while we're at it to see if he's still "got it". There are guys on this team RIGHT NOW that are better than anything Cribbs could offer. I said it in another post- Benjamin and Gilbert could beat Josh by 15 yards in a 100 dash. I'd bet the ranch on it. Benjamin has his difficulties holding on to the ball- but I have no idea why Pettine is unwilling to try Gilbert as a kr- he was positively stellar in college. FWIW, that's why he was the first CB off the board- he posted the fastest 40 at the combine.

    PS- regarding LeBum, he's seen the error of his ways. If he brings an NBA title to Cleveland, he'll get elected Mayor for life.

  • Cribbs looked completely done when he left here. And he never was the same after he had his clocked completely cleaned by the Ravens. Then, after he left here, he couldnt hang on with the Jets or the Raiders. Hmmmm

    People keep saying "bring him in and see what he can do". Even though we ALREADY had him in and ALREADY saw he was done.

    Cutting young talent to bring back old players doesn't make sense for a growing team. It's only a 53 man roster.

    So my question is ..... "who do we cut to add an old one dimensional special teamer?" and who do we cut to add a Vickers?

  • You don't make improvements by bringing back a retread.

  • You don't make improvements by bringing back a retread.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You don't make improvements by bringing back a retread.

    Correct. Cribbs has no ties to this staff. He is done. Done done.

    You are thinking like children if you ever think he'll be a Brown again.

    Leonard can at least catch punts. Benjamin showed last year he can return them. It's a coaching thing at this point ... they'll get it right. There are certainly enough punt returner types on the roster.

    Zombo

  • Which, I restate, is why I see Cribbs as an assistant special teams coach.

    He can work with, say, Benjamin, one-on-one. And, teach Poyer to not

    field punts at the 4 yard line.

    Cribbs has taken too much of a pounding over the years to play at anything like the level

    he used to play with. But he still has the heart, and young special team players

    could learn a lot from him.

  • Which, I restate, is why I see Cribbs as an assistant special teams coach.

    He can work with, say, Benjamin, one-on-one. And, teach Poyer to not

    field punts at the 4 yard line.

    Cribbs has taken too much of a pounding over the years to play at anything like the level

    he used to play with. But he still has the heart, and young special team players

    could learn a lot from him.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Which, I restate, is why I see Cribbs as an assistant special teams coach.

    He can work with, say, Benjamin, one-on-one. And, teach Poyer to not

    field punts at the 4 yard line.

    Cribbs has taken too much of a pounding over the years to play at anything like the level

    he used to play with. But he still has the heart, and young special team players

    could learn a lot from him.

    Wouldn't be averse to that. So often, good players don't make good coaches, but you won't know until you try.

  • Which, I restate, is why I see Cribbs as an assistant special teams coach.

    He can work with, say, Benjamin, one-on-one. And, teach Poyer to not

    field punts at the 4 yard line.

    Cribbs has taken too much of a pounding over the years to play at anything like the level

    he used to play with. But he still has the heart, and young special team players

    could learn a lot from him.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Which, I restate, is why I see Cribbs as an assistant special teams coach.

    He can work with, say, Benjamin, one-on-one. And, teach Poyer to not

    field punts at the 4 yard line.

    Cribbs has taken too much of a pounding over the years to play at anything like the level

    he used to play with. But he still has the heart, and young special team players

    could learn a lot from him.

    Absolutely a great idea. Kinda surprised someone hasn't tried this, maybe he's been approached and doesn't want to. Who Knows but I would think that since the dude was a college option QB and basically learned how to become a very good kick returner first and then punt returner, he would be able to teach others how to play the position.

  • You know, PG usually says some of the dumbest inane shit on this board, and sometimes I question if he isn't a little "special," but bringing Cribbs back at league minimum to return kicks isn't the worst idea in the world. I'm not saying PG is smart, this is just less stupid than usual.

    @bonedawg said:

    You know, PG usually says some of the dumbest inane shit on this board, and sometimes I question if he isn't a little "special," but bringing Cribbs back at league minimum to return kicks isn't the worst idea in the world. I'm not saying PG is smart, this is just less stupid than usual.

    I see you with your fingers crossed behind your back. 🥷

  • @bonedawg said:

    You know, PG usually says some of the dumbest inane shit on this board, and sometimes I question if he isn't a little "special," but bringing Cribbs back at league minimum to return kicks isn't the worst idea in the world. I'm not saying PG is smart, this is just less stupid than usual.

    It is when he has about as much left in the tank as Leroy Kelly or Greg Pruitt. Maybe we could get Dino Hall back..he probably has as much left in the tank as Cribbs at this point.

    @mark-o said:

    It is when he has about as much left in the tank as Leroy Kelly or Greg Pruitt. Maybe we could get Dino Hall back..he probably has as much left in the tank as Cribbs at this point.

    😠You have committed copyright infringement on one of my earlier posts.

  • @mark-o said:

    It is when he has about as much left in the tank as Leroy Kelly or Greg Pruitt. Maybe we could get Dino Hall back..he probably has as much left in the tank as Cribbs at this point.

    😠You have committed copyright infringement on one of my earlier posts.

    @the-gipper said:

    😠You have committed copyright infringement on one of my earlier posts.

    I pay the copyright infringement fee at the Eastland Inn in beer on the Saturday night before the Browns play in the Super Bowl next February.

  • @the-gipper said:

    😠You have committed copyright infringement on one of my earlier posts.

    I pay the copyright infringement fee at the Eastland Inn in beer on the Saturday night before the Browns play in the Super Bowl next February.

    @mark-o said:

    I pay the copyright infringement fee at the Eastland Inn in beer on the Saturday night before the Browns play in the Super Bowl next February.

    Fair Deal.

  • Cribbs looked completely done when he left here. And he never was the same after he had his clocked completely cleaned by the Ravens. Then, after he left here, he couldnt hang on with the Jets or the Raiders. Hmmmm

    People keep saying "bring him in and see what he can do". Even though we ALREADY had him in and ALREADY saw he was done.

    Cutting young talent to bring back old players doesn't make sense for a growing team. It's only a 53 man roster.

    So my question is ..... "who do we cut to add an old one dimensional special teamer?" and who do we cut to add a Vickers?

    @manzier said:

    and who do we cut to add a Vickers?

    Well if Smalls doesn't work out we obviously cut him. At this point I don't see bringing Vickers in as we'd be testing out our 3rd FB of the year. Just see where Kiero can go from here on out. If he's just absolutely terrible than fine, if Vickers is out there. If SMalls is so so why not bring Vickers into camp next year if Tate said he was the best option at FB for us this year?