O-line Grades: Week 8 vs. JAX
-
How about the center from Neutered Shame, Braxton Cave.. is he ready to go, or is he out all this year?
-
Wow! Phenomenal analysis! Thanks!!
-
I always tune in for this thread. Nicely done!
I don't know what the solution is to fix the line. Maybe another week of these guys working together? Or change it up? It was so nice seeing them dominate in the early games though.
-
Love these threads, an education for a Brit like me. Top work.
-
Interesting catch about the tight WR making the box appearing stacked. That seems to make sense as to why a lot of times it seemed that way. Either way the Jags beat us because they dared Hoyer to throw and it worked extremely well. Hopefully Hoyer and all the O-line go back to the drawing board as I'm sure other defenses will note that.
-
Tour-now that the Jags have figured out how to stop the Browns O, do we see more of the same from everyone until we find a correction?
Without a quality center this could turn into a nightmare season for Hoyer and the Browns. This whole scheme is based on top notch OL play.
I know we are both believers that line play is the heart of a team. This injury to Mack seems to threaten everything planned for the season. It's
far more worrisome than who plays QB.
-
Interesting catch about the tight WR making the box appearing stacked. That seems to make sense as to why a lot of times it seemed that way. Either way the Jags beat us because they dared Hoyer to throw and it worked extremely well. Hopefully Hoyer and all the O-line go back to the drawing board as I'm sure other defenses will note that.
Interesting catch about the tight WR making the box appearing stacked. That seems to make sense as to why a lot of times it seemed that way. Either way the Jags beat us because they dared Hoyer to throw and it worked extremely well. Hopefully Hoyer and all the O-line go back to the drawing board as I'm sure other defenses will note that.
I'm sure Oakland will try the same defensive front, provided that they have the personnel to pull it off.
BTW, great analysis Tour.
-
Tour-now that the Jags have figured out how to stop the Browns O, do we see more of the same from everyone until we find a correction?
Without a quality center this could turn into a nightmare season for Hoyer and the Browns. This whole scheme is based on top notch OL play.
I know we are both believers that line play is the heart of a team. This injury to Mack seems to threaten everything planned for the season. It's
far more worrisome than who plays QB.
Tour-now that the Jags have figured out how to stop the Browns O, do we see more of the same from everyone until we find a correction?
Without a quality center this could turn into a nightmare season for Hoyer and the Browns. This whole scheme is based on top notch OL play.
I know we are both believers that line play is the heart of a team. This injury to Mack seems to threaten everything planned for the season. It's far more worrisome than who plays QB.
Ag,
I honestly cannot answer that question... at least not substantially differently than I did a similar one in a different thread.
There's been a blueprint for beating every offense in the league. The questions are once the blueprint is established does:
1. The next opponent have the D to carry out the mission?
2. Does the OC devise an effective response to the blueprint?
Certainly our O-line's injury induced, performance drop makes the former more likely. That only increases the urgency of Shanny's response. I think that Shanny overlooked one, in-game against JAX... the spread.
As for the impact of the center... I want to say that starting a more athletic one is the simple answer, but I don't know for sure. This line had been building its game for months. To replace its fulcrum is a tall order for anyone; obviously our first attempt was not successful.
One thing for sure, our Offense cannot sustain the long drives it is designed to produce, if two or more O-linemen are going to take turns earning D-'s...
-
One of the 2 first-rd picks next year should be OL.
We're seeing this year the benefit of OL investment.. that's why Dallas is dominant.
Hopefully the other will be DL.
-
One of the 2 first-rd picks next year should be OL.
We're seeing this year the benefit of OL investment.. that's why Dallas is dominant.
Hopefully the other will be DL.
One of the 2 first-rd picks next year should be OL.
We're seeing this year the benefit of OL investment.. that's why Dallas is dominant.
Hopefully the other will be DL.
It really is too bad we had not promoted Lewis off the PS. But then who knew we would suddenly need a replacement for the key guy? I agree OL is first priority, preferably someone versatile enough for any position along the line. Dallas did it the right way despite Jerrah's personal hopes to snag JM.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login