Karlos Dansby - The Best ILB?
-
-
Stop the run and we'll see a *massive* improvement on our D. Our secondary is starting to pick up - even Gilbert looked good against the Jags. Haden played well, Gipson just be like "that's mine, son" and Williams looks like a steal.
-
According to Pro Football Focus, yes, through 8 weeks of the NFL , Dansby is the best ILB.

-
I believe it. He's been playing great. All over the field.
-
-
I would really like to see Dansby as an All Pro this year. In addition to his own play, he has been an invaluable addition as a veteran presence.
Mike
-
Article not really talking about his performance, more a fluff piece about his past
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/10/how_karlos_dansby_overcame_chi.html
-
Oh boy next someone is going to tell me that Paul Kruger is the best OLB in the NFL.
-
-
Key? Green good, red bad.
Have a google for the article, won't be hard to find. Sorry, I normally do link but don't have time right now.
Well when you get a chance... google is not turning up specific PFF article and site is not very search friendly.
Although I am color blind, I was interested in the grading system used to generate the table, not how to interpret the table.
-
Article not really talking about his performance, more a fluff piece about his past
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/10/how_karlos_dansby_overcame_chi.html
Article not really talking about his performance, more a fluff piece about his past
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/10/how_karlos_dansby_overcame_chi.html
it's right here.
-
He's flailed against the run every single game this year. Every single one. I don't want to hear some stats bullshit from some dipshit who doesn't understand that numbers hide the fact that somebody's getting "BEASTED"...which he has. For a time there was a discussion about whether it's the scheme getting our LB'ers out of place or something...but now I just don't know. This many games in and our defense sits and sucks a fat cock everytime the opposing OC dials up an inside run. What stats also don't reflect is that, as far as I've heard, not a single gut damn Brown on that defense has stepped forward and accepted accountability for glaring deficiency of football fundamentals. And as the captain of that defense what has Dansby said this year? I'm gonna say it again even though I know you guys hate this name, but Ray Lewis would have been slobbering all over himself had one of his defense's got run on this hard. He played balls out even when everyone else on the team wasn't playing up. He would apologize to the fans if some RB got 90 yards. Ok I get it that was a completely different defense than ours....but it's that accountability that you have to respect Lewis for. At least football accountability right? He never did own up to shooting some folks but I'm gonna leave it about what happens on the field for right now. This is a joke run defense. A complete joke. With the talent and depth we have in the interior, our OLB'ers were supposed to be green lighted this year to go get the QB. Ain't happenin. Expect to see a lot of runs break outside from here on out cause our OLB"ers have to cave in. Only a matter of time before a good blocking TE seals off the edge and a FB blows up one of our DB's or SS....and it's off to the races for htat RB.
-
I don't want to hear warmed-over verbal diarrhea from some dipshit who refuses to understand statistics, and ignores all plays that don't fit your objectively wrong views.
Every play matters. The results posted by the OP study the performance of each player on each play.
Get over it.
-
I don't want to hear warmed-over verbal diarrhea from some dipshit who refuses to understand statistics, and ignores all plays that don't fit your objectively wrong views.
Every play matters. The results posted by the OP study the performance of each player on each play.
Get over it.
He can't stop the run. We can all see it....on "each play". He blitzes well. He'll have some impact plays in the backfield on blitzes. I understand football, not stats. I've seen him try to make tackles even when he was in position in a way that would get a high school LB'er yelled at by his coaches on Monday. So I refuse to hear some mealy mouthed vaginal discharge from some shit eating stats finger faggot who's never met a ballcarrier in the hole.
I don't want to hear warmed-over verbal diarrhea from some dipshit who refuses to understand statistics, and ignores all plays that don't fit your objectively wrong views.
Every play matters. The results posted by the OP study the performance of each player on each play.
Get over it.
-
He can't stop the run. We can all see it....on "each play". He blitzes well. He'll have some impact plays in the backfield on blitzes. I understand football, not stats. I've seen him try to make tackles even when he was in position in a way that would get a high school LB'er yelled at by his coaches on Monday. So I refuse to hear some mealy mouthed vaginal discharge from some shit eating stats finger faggot who's never met a ballcarrier in the hole.
I don't want to hear warmed-over verbal diarrhea from some dipshit who refuses to understand statistics, and ignores all plays that don't fit your objectively wrong views.
Every play matters. The results posted by the OP study the performance of each player on each play.
Get over it.
He can't stop the run. We can all see it....on "each play". He blitzes well. He'll have some impact plays in the backfield on blitzes. I understand football, not stats. I've seen him try to make tackles even when he was in position in a way that would get a high school LB'er yelled at by his coaches on Monday. So I refuse to hear some mealy mouthed vaginal discharge from some shit eating stats finger faggot who's never met a ballcarrier in the hole.
Yet most of his first place, 10.2 points come from the +6.2 he received for defending the run... doesn't mean he's perfect in any phase of the game...
The ranking is for overall play. There are higher run ratings (a couple 8.9's), but those players pale in comparison in the other categories. There are higher pass ratings, but vice versa.
-
In the 1st half when they were running well again Dansby was out of place. He over pursues the run constantly. He has no nose for the run game. He makes tackles from behind when the secondary is diving at the runners knees making him slow down. Luckily our offense was productive enough today so that the Raiders had to abandon the run. McFadden only got 12 carries but had like a 5 yd avg. Had they been able to stick to the run the game probably would have turned out different.
-
Series 1: 3 carries net 19 yards
Series 2: 2 / 9
Series 3: 1 / 3
Series 4: 5 / 14
Series 5: 1 / 2
Series 6: 0 / 0 but was near end of half...
Not saying it's all Dansby (appears he made many more tackles on pass plays), but looks to me like starting with series 3 we pretty well stuffed their run. You can't stick with what stops working...
-
Series 1: 3 carries net 19 yards
Series 2: 2 / 9
Series 3: 1 / 3
Series 4: 5 / 14
Series 5: 1 / 2
Series 6: 0 / 0 but was near end of half...
Not saying it's all Dansby (appears he made many more tackles on pass plays), but looks to me like starting with series 3 we pretty well stuffed their run. You can't stick with what stops working...
Series 1: 3 carries net 19 yards
Series 2: 2 / 9
Series 3: 1 / 3
Series 4: 5 / 14
Series 5: 1 / 2
Series 6: 0 / 0 but was near end of half...
Not saying it's all Dansby (appears he made many more tackles on pass plays), but looks to me like starting with series 3 we pretty well stuffed their run. You can't stick with what stops working...
Yep. He had 2 good runs on the first series. Thats all. Then we completely shut him down for the rest of the game. In the next 3-1/2 quarters he was 9 for 28, which is barely 3 ypc.
Sorry, but the run defense showed up yesterday.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login