Skip to content

Bucs' Week 2014

The Browns Board
39 16 1.7k
  • Our Week 9 opponent is:

    • 28th in passing w/ 209 ypg
    • 29th in rushing w/ 86.4 ypg
    • T-21 in sacks allowed w/ 19
    • 29th in defending the pass allowing 286 ypg
    • 22nd in defending the run allowing 124 ypg
    • T-26 in sacks registering 10...
  • After the Jags game I'm not looking too much into stats. Any given Sunday.

    I am definitely optimistic about this game and I do think that everyone learned from the Jacksonville game the importance of not getting too high and mighty about ones self. It would also be nice to carry the momentum into the Cincinnati game.

  • Our Week 9 opponent is:

    • 28th in passing w/ 209 ypg
    • 29th in rushing w/ 86.4 ypg
    • T-21 in sacks allowed w/ 19
    • 29th in defending the pass allowing 286 ypg
    • 22nd in defending the run allowing 124 ypg
    • T-26 in sacks registering 10...

    @tour2ma said:

    Our Week 9 opponent is:

    • 28th in passing w/ 209 ypg
    • 29th in rushing w/ 86.4 ypg
    • T-21 in sacks allowed w/ 19
    • 29th in defending the pass allowing 286 ypg
    • 22nd in defending the run allowing 124 ypg
    • T-26 in sacks registering 10...

    I think this equates into either a hard won victory, or we get our asses kicked.

  • As with last week, I'm glad this a home game against a team we should beat. However, outside of two really bad games the Bucs have played well. I'll be interested again this week to see how they plan to correct the run game. I guarantee the Bucs will stack the box.

  • This week kills me.. It will be bitter sweet.

    The Browns should enjoy their bye week..

    The Bucs are last in total offense.. And next to last in total pts allowed on defense.

    I've seen every game And this team is a fucking trainwreck. They are total garbage. There is not a TE in the league we can cover. The LBs get sucked in on every play action leaving the middle wide open.. It's only a matter of how long it takes opposing Off Coordinators to figure it out. Last week we lost to a lousy Minnesota team at home.. It took the Vikings a half to figure it out.. Once they did, it got very repetitious... This team has scored 27 pts all yr in the 1st half.. We had 72 yds total offense at halftime. 27 yds passing after 3 qtrs. And its like this every week.

    I am a Bucs fan first, a Browns fan second.. But after 38 yrs this team is losing me.. I don't like the owners. I don't like most of the roster. And I HATE those new BUTT UGLY uniforms!!! I'm telling you this is an easy win for the Browns..

  • This week's Bucs game is scary because it is clear that we should win...

    Just as we thought was the case this past Sunday...

    Just as we thought the case the Sunday before last.

    What we now know is that JAX is a bad team with a very good D.

    Whereas OAK is an all-around, bad team.

    TB looks a lot more like OAK than they do JAX.

  • Wonder how all the trading, if any, will affect their performance.

  • Hoping our OL get it together and our run games come back.

    If that happens, I suspect the bucs have no chance

    Even if it doesn't happen, we'll still be in it til the end I suspect.

  • Favored for the 4th week running. Must be some kind of record.

    And it sure feels nice to have so many games that we are 'supposed" to win. I think we'll take this one. And then we will have won 3 of the 4 and be 75% in the games were supposed to win. A very positive step.

  • Bucs just traded their starting safety Mark Barron to the Rams for some draft picks. They have packed it in for the year. We will look BAD if we don't beat them.

  • Bucs just traded their starting safety Mark Barron to the Rams for some draft picks. They have packed it in for the year. We will look BAD if we don't beat them.

    @bonedawg said:

    Bucs just traded their starting safety Mark Barron to the Rams for some draft picks. They have packed it in for the year. We will look BAD if we don't beat them.

    Remember when people said the same thing when we traded richardson? Just because they traded someone, doesn't mean they're going to roll over.

  • @bonedawg said:

    Bucs just traded their starting safety Mark Barron to the Rams for some draft picks. They have packed it in for the year. We will look BAD if we don't beat them.

    Remember when people said the same thing when we traded richardson? Just because they traded someone, doesn't mean they're going to roll over.

    @gftchris said:

    Remember when people said the same thing when we traded richardson? Just because they traded someone, doesn't mean they're going to roll over.

    How many games did we win last year?

  • The game immediately after we traded him, which is the relevant part.

  • The bucs had Jackson, Thomas AND Barron all on the blocks today. That was ALL the talk everywhere. So I think it's fair for people to perceive that their FO has given up on the season and is looking toward the future.

  • The bucs had Jackson, Thomas AND Barron all on the blocks today. That was ALL the talk everywhere. So I think it's fair for people to perceive that their FO has given up on the season and is looking toward the future.

    @manzier said:

    The bucs had Jackson, Thomas AND Barron all on the blocks today. That was ALL the talk everywhere. So I think it's fair for people to perceive that their FO has given up on the season and is looking toward the future.

    All I'm saying is, it looked a lot like our ex-FO had given up on the season, but that apparently only galvanised the team for that short stretch (coinciding with Brian Hoyer playing).

  • Ok. Its just perception I guess. And Im talking FO nad not necessarily team.

    I think the Browns FO got a great offer for a less than productive player and they just couldnt refuse. I dont think they were throwing in the towel on the season at all. I think they were throwing in the towel on Richardson AND getting paid to do it!

    Conversely, no one is offering the Bucs anything. They are "shopping" 3 of their higher paid players looking to dump them(and their salaries) mid season. It's a little different.

    Now., That doesnt speak to the Bucs players at all. In fact, it MAY just galvanize them exactly like you're saying. No one says the players and FO are ever on the same page. So maybe the players(esp the ones offered up for sale) might step up to make a point.

  • @manzier said:

    The bucs had Jackson, Thomas AND Barron all on the blocks today. That was ALL the talk everywhere. So I think it's fair for people to perceive that their FO has given up on the season and is looking toward the future.

    All I'm saying is, it looked a lot like our ex-FO had given up on the season, but that apparently only galvanised the team for that short stretch (coinciding with Brian Hoyer playing).

    @gftchris said:

    All I'm saying is, it looked a lot like our ex-FO had given up on the season, but that apparently only galvanised the team for that short stretch (coinciding with Brian Hoyer playing).

    I think our situation was a bit different than the Bucs. The Bucs almost assuredly are giving up on the season (and they probably should, tbh)

    Our fans had a crazy reaction because, as is often the case, our fans are wrong a lot. Everybody thought we were giving up in only week 3 because we traded our "best player" and announced we'd start the worst QB on the roster who never did anything anywhere.

    Well, turns out sometimes the coaching staff and FO know a little bit more than the fans (shocking, I know). Because we traded Richardson for Manziel, and that loser QB we started in week 3 last year was the chosen starter, and has kept that job for all of 2014 so far.

  • I'm not saying the it is going to be a cakewalk. We struggled mightily with both Jax and Oak more because of our play than the quality on the other side of the ball. This is a Bucs team that has already been accused of giving up during games this season and the FO "shopping" all their talent around probably doesn't send a great message to players. All I am saying is if we lose, it will say more about us than it says about them.

  • Ok. Its just perception I guess. And Im talking FO nad not necessarily team.

    I think the Browns FO got a great offer for a less than productive player and they just couldnt refuse. I dont think they were throwing in the towel on the season at all. I think they were throwing in the towel on Richardson AND getting paid to do it!

    Conversely, no one is offering the Bucs anything. They are "shopping" 3 of their higher paid players looking to dump them(and their salaries) mid season. It's a little different.

    Now., That doesnt speak to the Bucs players at all. In fact, it MAY just galvanize them exactly like you're saying. No one says the players and FO are ever on the same page. So maybe the players(esp the ones offered up for sale) might step up to make a point.

    @manzier said:

    I think the Browns FO got a great offer for a less than productive player and they just couldnt refuse. I dont think they were throwing in the towel on the season at all. I think they were throwing in the towel on Richardson AND getting paid to do it!

    Conversely, no one is offering the Bucs anything. They are "shopping" 3 of their higher paid players looking to dump them(and their salaries) mid season. It's a little different.

    Good analysis...

  • Our Week 9 opponent is:

    • 28th in passing w/ 209 ypg
    • 29th in rushing w/ 86.4 ypg
    • T-21 in sacks allowed w/ 19
    • 29th in defending the pass allowing 286 ypg
    • 22nd in defending the run allowing 124 ypg
    • T-26 in sacks registering 10...

    @tour2ma said:

    Our Week 9 opponent is:

    • 28th in passing w/ 209 ypg
    • 29th in rushing w/ 86.4 ypg
    • T-21 in sacks allowed w/ 19
    • 29th in defending the pass allowing 286 ypg
    • 22nd in defending the run allowing 124 ypg
    • T-26 in sacks registering 10...

    After the egg laid in Jackville, Stats are meaningless. Really the more they lay out losing stats the more dangerous a team can be. Playing for pride anybody can knock off anybody. This is a golden chance to win the games you're suppose to win. With the Bingles looming next week a win would be a huge momentum builder. Also improving to 5 wins is steady improvement for last years nightmare...