Skip to content

Trade Rumors

The Browns Board
51 18 1.9k
  • I wish they would go after a legit wideout.

    Even with Gordon coming back, there isn't much to speak of on this team. And it would never hurt to have another good WR to play opposite of Gordon

    I like Gabriel and Hawk enough, and they are good slot guys but it would be a huge shot in the arm to grab somebody that can play, esp if Cam misses more time. Austin hasn't put up any numbers, and if the run game continues to get stuffed it's going to be a long 2nd half of the season.

  • VJax is 10 years in the league and has a 10$ mil base salary. Not a chance.

  • I'd give a 2nd based on track record of 2nd round wrs the BROWNS have drafted.

  • I'd give a 2nd based on track record of 2nd round wrs the BROWNS have drafted.

    @cdl15 said:

    I'd give a 2nd based on track record of 2nd round wrs the BROWNS have drafted.

    lol... If pick fails are your criteria, then we should promise to deliver the 22nd overall.

  • @cdl15 said:

    I'd give a 2nd based on track record of 2nd round wrs the BROWNS have drafted.

    lol... If pick fails are your criteria, then we should promise to deliver the 22nd overall.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... If pick fails are your criteria, then we should promise to deliver the 22nd overall.

    So...Manziel for Jackson?

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... If pick fails are your criteria, then we should promise to deliver the 22nd overall.

    So...Manziel for Jackson?

    @gftchris said:

    So...Manziel for Jackson?

    or how about Dez Bryant?

  • @gftchris said:

    So...Manziel for Jackson?

    or how about Dez Bryant?

    @manzier said:

    or how about Dez Bryant?

    After that TD catch last night, his value went up another round. Outstanding grab and effort.

  • Someone like New England should be in for VJax

  • Someone like New England should be in for VJax

    @londonbrown said:

    Someone like New England should be in for VJax

    That's what I was thinking would be the best fit.

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... If pick fails are your criteria, then we should promise to deliver the 22nd overall.

    So...Manziel for Jackson?

    @gftchris said:

    So...Manziel for Jackson?

    LOL... no... meant the 2015 #22... we'll end up with it somehow... 😉

  • @gftchris said:

    So...Manziel for Jackson?

    LOL... no... meant the 2015 #22... we'll end up with it somehow... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    LOL... no... meant the 2015 #22... we'll end up with it somehow... 😉

    No doubt. And who's to say we won't trade it to, say, NYJ for them to grab Hundley? Since they're picking 5th, and Winston/Mariota have both gone.

  • God are we all gonna be hyping up a JFF trade to Dallas? They're not parting ways with Murray or Bryant which are probably the only players we would even think about parting ways with JFF for. Is a low first round pick from them worth it? It's gonna be somewhere near the very bottom of the 1st round so I dunno. I still don't want to see JFF go.

  • God are we all gonna be hyping up a JFF trade to Dallas? They're not parting ways with Murray or Bryant which are probably the only players we would even think about parting ways with JFF for. Is a low first round pick from them worth it? It's gonna be somewhere near the very bottom of the 1st round so I dunno. I still don't want to see JFF go.

    @clevfan4life said:

    God are we all gonna be hyping up a JFF trade to Dallas? They're not parting ways with Murray or Bryant which are probably the only players we would even think about parting ways with JFF for. Is a low first round pick from them worth it? It's gonna be somewhere near the very bottom of the 1st round so I dunno. I still don't want to see JFF go.

    Romo was back in the game at the end. I doubt he's out for very long if at all.

    Let's not worry too much about trading our backup rookie QB until we've got to the end of the season, seen him in maybe a few series, know what's happening with the starter, and what other options are available in FA.

  • I'd give a 2nd based on track record of 2nd round wrs the BROWNS have drafted.

    @cdl15 said:

    I'd give a 2nd based on track record of 2nd round wrs the BROWNS have drafted.

    You want to give up a 2nd round pick for a 10 year veteran that would eat up 10 million in cap space?

    LOL

  • God are we all gonna be hyping up a JFF trade to Dallas? They're not parting ways with Murray or Bryant which are probably the only players we would even think about parting ways with JFF for. Is a low first round pick from them worth it? It's gonna be somewhere near the very bottom of the 1st round so I dunno. I still don't want to see JFF go.

    @clevfan4life said:

    God are we all gonna be hyping up a JFF trade to Dallas? They're not parting ways with Murray or Bryant which are probably the only players we would even think about parting ways with JFF for. Is a low first round pick from them worth it? It's gonna be somewhere near the very bottom of the 1st round so I dunno. I still don't want to see JFF go.

    We don't even need Murray. I don't think there appears to be any real talk of us trading JFF anyway, just fan rumble.

    It's kinda crazy to talk about trading JFF for their first round pick, and then using it to draft a QB too.

    While JJ is crazy, he's not crazy enough to blow up their QB position when they're 6-2 and playing in a fairly weak NFC east (minus Philly)

    Of course everything's on the table but I'm pretty sure there's nothing in play for JF to the cowboys.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    God are we all gonna be hyping up a JFF trade to Dallas? They're not parting ways with Murray or Bryant which are probably the only players we would even think about parting ways with JFF for. Is a low first round pick from them worth it? It's gonna be somewhere near the very bottom of the 1st round so I dunno. I still don't want to see JFF go.

    We don't even need Murray. I don't think there appears to be any real talk of us trading JFF anyway, just fan rumble.

    It's kinda crazy to talk about trading JFF for their first round pick, and then using it to draft a QB too.

    While JJ is crazy, he's not crazy enough to blow up their QB position when they're 6-2 and playing in a fairly weak NFC east (minus Philly)

    Of course everything's on the table but I'm pretty sure there's nothing in play for JF to the cowboys.

    @bbedward said:

    We don't even need Murray. I don't think there appears to be any real talk of us trading JFF anyway, just fan rumble.

    It's kinda crazy to talk about trading JFF for their first round pick, and then using it to draft a QB too.

    While JJ is crazy, he's not crazy enough to blow up their QB position when they're 6-2 and playing in a fairly weak NFC east (minus Philly)

    Of course everything's on the table but I'm pretty sure there's nothing in play for JF to the cowboys.

    Either Jerrah realizes the success of his team rest on Romo literally not being touched the entire rest of the season (not going to happen) and he does pull the trigger on a trade.

    This will help to endear the fanbase and maintain that 'buzz' even with Tony were to be injured and the season tank.

    -or-

    Nothing. Romo will most likely get hurt again and this glorious story of Dallas' return to glory goes down in flames.

  • @bbedward said:

    We don't even need Murray. I don't think there appears to be any real talk of us trading JFF anyway, just fan rumble.

    It's kinda crazy to talk about trading JFF for their first round pick, and then using it to draft a QB too.

    While JJ is crazy, he's not crazy enough to blow up their QB position when they're 6-2 and playing in a fairly weak NFC east (minus Philly)

    Of course everything's on the table but I'm pretty sure there's nothing in play for JF to the cowboys.

    Either Jerrah realizes the success of his team rest on Romo literally not being touched the entire rest of the season (not going to happen) and he does pull the trigger on a trade.

    This will help to endear the fanbase and maintain that 'buzz' even with Tony were to be injured and the season tank.

    -or-

    Nothing. Romo will most likely get hurt again and this glorious story of Dallas' return to glory goes down in flames.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Either Jerrah realizes the success of his team rest on Romo literally not being touched the entire rest of the season (not going to happen) and he does pull the trigger on a trade.

    This will help to endear the fanbase and maintain that 'buzz' even with Tony were to be injured and the season tank.

    -or-

    Nothing. Romo will most likely get hurt again and this glorious story of Dallas' return to glory goes down in flames.

    Maybe it's because I don't like Dallas and don't mind for them to go down in flames, but JF would be nothing but a happy story in week 9 for them. Protecting romo is their best bet IMO. But Jerry isn't the most rational guy

  • Right now Jerry's asking himself....can Weeden carry us to the playoffs? Can Weeden at least allow Romo to rest for a few weeks? Maybe Weeds has made strides we don't know, he played decently enough last night from what I understand. It's possible you know....Cleveland is a special place to be a QB. A numpty like Weeden may have been in over his head here. But I guarantee someone shows Jerry that shovel pass against Detroit last year and he's making the call to someone. Who know maybe he'll call in Farve. That would be awesome to see.

  • Right now Jerry's asking himself....can Weeden carry us to the playoffs? Can Weeden at least allow Romo to rest for a few weeks? Maybe Weeds has made strides we don't know, he played decently enough last night from what I understand. It's possible you know....Cleveland is a special place to be a QB. A numpty like Weeden may have been in over his head here. But I guarantee someone shows Jerry that shovel pass against Detroit last year and he's making the call to someone. Who know maybe he'll call in Farve. That would be awesome to see.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Right now Jerry's asking himself....can Weeden carry us to the playoffs?

    I think Weeden is asking the same thing.

    I can honestly see him doing real well, in short spurts, for a series or 2, on a good team like the Cowboys. Like he did last night.

    But if Romo goes down for the season and they are like 8-2 and staring the playoffs in the face, I can see Weeden taking a big gulp, his eyes getting HUGE, and the bad decisions and throws starting.

    He's actually the PERFECT replacement for Romo. Will look GREAT until it really counts. Then it's pick city!

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Right now Jerry's asking himself....can Weeden carry us to the playoffs?

    I think Weeden is asking the same thing.

    I can honestly see him doing real well, in short spurts, for a series or 2, on a good team like the Cowboys. Like he did last night.

    But if Romo goes down for the season and they are like 8-2 and staring the playoffs in the face, I can see Weeden taking a big gulp, his eyes getting HUGE, and the bad decisions and throws starting.

    He's actually the PERFECT replacement for Romo. Will look GREAT until it really counts. Then it's pick city!

    @manzier said:

    But if Romo goes down for the season and they are like 8-2 and staring the playoffs in the face, I can see Weeden taking a big gulp, his eyes getting HUGE, and the bad decisions and throws starting.

    And he'll look like a Down syndrome John Gruden all the while