Skip to content

Places to eat at in Cleveland

The Browns Board
72 20 1.6k
  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #13

    For microbrews try the beer engine in lakewood. Downtown cleveland is limiting if you're looking for the best stuff. That works in Manhattan not so much in Cleveland.

  • 5150k95 5150k9 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    "THE MELT" was featured on DINNER,DRIVE-INS,AND DIVES. Never been to Cleveland, however one of these days I will make the pilgrimage from California. That place looked like it would be fun to try.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Hot Sauce Williams is the only place you need to go.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #16

    i always tend to go away from the trend so i do a lot of research just based on my likes and dislikes. you have a family so you have to (or would want to) stick to the well beaten path.

    i found the best little take out thai food from a one room shack i believe in lakewood. i mean it was literally right outside of cleve but in a neighborhood that was kind of shady. but i'm one to say "who gives a F" i want the experience and no one is gonna stop me from it. the last time we went to sandusky we flew into cleve and rented a car and i literally just drove around going into neighborhood to neighborhood until we found something a little funky. wasn't the best or worst but you remember the event because of the hunt just to do something different.

    a lot of good suggestions above, except if you're anything like me you might want to cab it to anything that has 'beer' attached to it.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #17

    If you haven't tried Vietnamese food you should:

    http://www.superiorpho.com/

  • "THE MELT" was featured on DINNER,DRIVE-INS,AND DIVES. Never been to Cleveland, however one of these days I will make the pilgrimage from California. That place looked like it would be fun to try.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @5150k9 said:

    "THE MELT" was featured on DINNER,DRIVE-INS,AND DIVES. Never been to Cleveland, however one of these days I will make the pilgrimage from California. That place looked like it would be fun to try.

    Been to Melt several times- and if you want to try gourmet cheese stuff I'll give it a solid A. Mostly on quantity over quality.Nice beer list. Now if you want to take the "Melt Challenge" - it's totally revolting. I've seen more than a few try and fail. Try 3 POUNDS of cheese on a sextuple grilled Texas toast- with a mountain of fries and cole slaw on the side- not worth the $30 bucks for a free meal.

    If you have a high $$ budget- Johnny's (either downtown or on Fulton) will get my nod. Maiorca has been recommended, but I've yet to eat there.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Hot Sauce Williams

    l.jpg

    MELT:

    l.jpg

    Angelos:

    l.jpg

    Happy Dog:

    l.jpg

    Town Hall

    l.jpg

    Nano Brew

    l.jpg

  • "THE MELT" was featured on DINNER,DRIVE-INS,AND DIVES. Never been to Cleveland, however one of these days I will make the pilgrimage from California. That place looked like it would be fun to try.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @5150k9 said:

    "THE MELT" was featured on DINNER,DRIVE-INS,AND DIVES. Never been to Cleveland, however one of these days I will make the pilgrimage from California. That place looked like it would be fun to try.

    Melt is extremely hipstery but not that great really. If you want to wait an hour for a grilled cheese sandwich you could give it a try.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #21

    One word, Sokolowskis. My friends own it.

  • One word, Sokolowskis. My friends own it.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @kosar_for_president said:

    One word, Sokolowskis. My friends own it.

    I wish I coulda tried one of their october clam bakes. Sounds awesome

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Melt is extremely hipstery but not that great really. If you want to wait an hour for a grilled cheese sandwich you could give it a try.

    It certainly may be overhyped for what it is, but it is good, and it is certainly more than a grilled cheese.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #23

    It's ok. I wouldn't put it on my best of anything in cleveland list.

  • KYBrownsK KYBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Holy cow!!!!! Thanks guys for all the recommendations! We'll for sure check out some of these places! Can't wait for Saturday!

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Its iconic if anything. And Cysco they won a James Beard award last year.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Sorry Sysco, u were talking melt, my bad

  • Hot Sauce Williams

    l.jpg

    MELT:

    l.jpg

    Angelos:

    l.jpg

    Happy Dog:

    l.jpg

    Town Hall

    l.jpg

    Nano Brew

    l.jpg

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @walterwhite said:

    Hot Sauce Williams

    l.jpg

    MELT:

    l.jpg

    Angelos:

    l.jpg

    Happy Dog:

    l.jpg

    Town Hall

    l.jpg

    Nano Brew

    l.jpg

    that margherita pie with sliced tomatoes looks slammin.

    everybody swears that the pizza in NY is the best and i call bullshit.

    cameo's in sandusky hands down for me.

    nice pics btw walt.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Angelos is my top 3 of all time. Log cabin in conver, WI best ever.

  • Angelos is my top 3 of all time. Log cabin in conver, WI best ever.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Angelos is my top 3 of all time. Log cabin in conver, WI best ever.

    Angies in North Royalton, Antonios, Romeos all pretty good. Best ever. I don't know. I was usually pretty intoxicated when I ate.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Angelos is my top 3 of all time. Log cabin in conver, WI best ever.

    Angies in North Royalton, Antonios, Romeos all pretty good. Best ever. I don't know. I was usually pretty intoxicated when I ate.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Angies in North Royalton, Antonios, Romeos all pretty good. Best ever. I don't know. I was usually pretty intoxicated when I ate.

    HA! lol.

    i said cameos cuz of my hometown loyalty AND it's the best place in sandusky to watch a browns game. but considering the size of the city there were plenty others i could mention. west side pizza best subs. tofts best ice cream. north side above the tracks....best weed.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #31

    One thing good about Cleveland, I got to admit, they got good food.

  • One thing good about Cleveland, I got to admit, they got good food.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @kosar_for_president said:

    One thing good about Cleveland, I got to admit, they got good food.

    And good beer*