Skip to content

Ohio State DE Joey Bosa is a JJ Watt clone

College Football Forum
12 8 756
  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #1

    This dude will easily be a top 5 pick. He's absolutely dominated his first 2 seasons

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I'd love to have him in a Cleveland uniform. Stout against the run, explosive enough on the edge, strong/explosive enough to make a difference inside. Plus, by all accounts a decent kid that keeps his nose clean.

    He's only a sophomore and will go down as one of the best in school history.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #3

    Walter,

    You & I may disagree at times, but not about Bosa. That kid's the real deal and I would LOVE to see him with the Browns. Only time will tell.

    Mike

    ps: I'm not yet ready to call him a JJ Watt clone, but he's special.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Yep, it's not any OSU bias to say that the dude is BEAST. I hope it all adds up for him in the NFL but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up being in the top 3 next year.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Right... And I'm on Funchess' nuts... Lol

    Dude is a beast, Idk if I'd say he's JJ though. Wasn't there another good DL too? Spence? If he didn't get kicked off the team they'd be running shit.

  • Right... And I'm on Funchess' nuts... Lol

    Dude is a beast, Idk if I'd say he's JJ though. Wasn't there another good DL too? Spence? If he didn't get kicked off the team they'd be running shit.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @mld-woody said:

    Right... And I'm on Funchess' nuts... Lol

    Dude is a beast, Idk if I'd say he's JJ though. Wasn't there another good DL too? Spence? If he didn't get kicked off the team they'd be running shit.

    I think making comparisons for college kids is short-sighted, but from size/weight to numbers he's putting up on the field it's amazing how close they are to Watt's in college. I can see why the jump is easy to make, but yeah he's gotta prove it first when he gets paid to.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Just looking at raw numbers Bosa matches up fairly well with Watt:

    Watt: 6'5" 290 4.82 40 speed at the combo

    Bosa: 6'5" 285 40 speeds of 4.72-4.82.

    But I don't think it is the measurables that make Watt....and Bosa so good at their levels.

    And Bosa is sophomore....a true sophomore. He will not be eligible for the NFL draft until 2016.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    As Gipper said, its beyond the measurables. You see Watt just play with a motor that isn't taught. Same thing for Bosa, a tenacity that you either have or don't have. That's really what the comparison should be.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #9

    You can probably find a lot of guys with those measurables. Not loads, not just off the street maybe, but a lot. It's mentality, tenacity, technique and a load of other things that make the player, not just how well he works out.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #10

    No one is going to say he's the physical freak Clowney is, but it seems like he has all of the intangibles. I could easily see him dominating next year and going top 10 in the draft.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11
  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #12

    And he's seems to get better and better as the game goes on.....also as the season goes on.