Mack's Loss is the Difference... Bito to Center is the Fix...
-
Mcdonald looked "ok" at parts, tour I'm sure you would agree when referring to your O line breakdowns, that Mcdonald did decent on passing downs. But running the ball was different, looked shaky there.
Id rather keep Mdconald and hae 4 of our other lineman play consistent at spots they are cozy at. Cant shake up too much. -
McDonald is going to take some time. However, from what I saw, he was routinely bullied in pass protection.
-
Great post Tour2MA. If you aren't a sports journalist you should reconsider your career choice!
-
It was a good post but I would ask this... Isn't one of the keys to the line the reads from the center position? And those reeds come from experience right?
WSS
-
Mcdonald looked "ok" at parts, tour I'm sure you would agree when referring to your O line breakdowns, that Mcdonald did decent on passing downs. But running the ball was different, looked shaky there.
Id rather keep Mdconald and hae 4 of our other lineman play consistent at spots they are cozy at. Cant shake up too much.Mcdonald looked "ok" at parts, tour I'm sure you would agree when referring to your O line breakdowns, that Mcdonald did decent on passing downs. But running the ball was different, looked shaky there.
Id rather keep Mdconald and hae 4 of our other lineman play consistent at spots they are cozy at. Cant shake up too much.
All things being equal I agree... fewer moves the better. But I'm not sure all moves are equal here. This week should tell. If gelling continues and improvement is seen, then roll with McD. Conversely Painter might not be up to stepping in at LG. All I know is that Painter showed faster and stronger than McD (combine vs. Pro-day) and Painter's agility approached Bito's (combine shuttle and cone drills).
Nick was net -2 on run and -1 on pass plays so fairly balanced there. One thing I've learned about line play doing this... D-linemen take a lot of pass plays off, especially big guys in the middle... that or our opponents often assign 300+ lb, spies to Hoyer...

McDonald is going to take some time. However, from what I saw, he was routinely bullied in pass protection.
You saw correctly... His strength/ leverage appears to be an issue.
Great post Tour2MA. If you aren't a sports journalist you should reconsider your career choice!
lol... I'm not coming out of retirement for nothing... but thanks...
It was a good post but I would ask this... Isn't one of the keys to the line the reads from the center position? And those reeds come from experience right?
Centers normally call the blocking, but the QB can and Greco could from RG as well...
-
So the rookie will get the starton Sunday?
-
Agree...
While Joe is probably our best option at Center and Bito is our best option to back-up LT... I can't see moving Joe.
-
I hope the coaching staff is listening. If my last name was Tate, west, crowell, or hoyer I'd be prepared to eat Atkins jock all day.
-
And to me, basic logic says minimize the moves. Fewer linemen that have to adjust to a different position, the better.
All things being equal I agree... fewer moves the better. But I'm not sure all moves are equal here. This week should tell. If gelling continues and improvement is seen, then roll with McD.
Conversely Painter might not be up to stepping in at LG. All I know is that Painter showed faster and stronger than McD (combine vs. Pro-day) and Painter's agility approached Bito's (combine shuttle and cone drills).
tml,
See anything Sunday that told you all McD needs is one more week of practice?
-
And to me, basic logic says minimize the moves. Fewer linemen that have to adjust to a different position, the better.
All things being equal I agree... fewer moves the better. But I'm not sure all moves are equal here. This week should tell. If gelling continues and improvement is seen, then roll with McD.
Conversely Painter might not be up to stepping in at LG. All I know is that Painter showed faster and stronger than McD (combine vs. Pro-day) and Painter's agility approached Bito's (combine shuttle and cone drills).
tml,
See anything Sunday that told you all McD needs is one more week of practice?
-
-
-
And to me, basic logic says minimize the moves. Fewer linemen that have to adjust to a different position, the better.
All things being equal I agree... fewer moves the better. But I'm not sure all moves are equal here. This week should tell. If gelling continues and improvement is seen, then roll with McD.
Conversely Painter might not be up to stepping in at LG. All I know is that Painter showed faster and stronger than McD (combine vs. Pro-day) and Painter's agility approached Bito's (combine shuttle and cone drills).
tml,
See anything Sunday that told you all McD needs is one more week of practice?
tml,
See anything Sunday that told you all McD needs is one more week of practice?
Lol, I'm an echo.
McD getting planted firmly on his ass says enough.
For anyone who might need a painful reminder.
Now will Pettine make adjustments more to your liking? We can hope. Got a short week of practice and into Thursday night at Cinc, so McD gets what, about 3 days to improve in dealing with Geno Atkins?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login