What's your guys take on Bosa?
-
He's not draft eligible until 2016.
-
He's not draft eligible until 2016.
I thought he was a sophomore....?? Fuck if he's a freshman..jesus christ
-
He is a soph. but they have to play college ball for three years.
2016
-
Already a thread in the college section about him.
-
I posted a thread about him a week ago saying he's a Watt clone.
He's a top 5 pick in 2016 and can play DE in either a 4-3 or 3-4. He's the real deal
-
Bosa? Great 3-4 DE prospect who will get even stronger (still a kid after all), but I do not see JJ's explosive first step... and that is not something that he's likely to grow into.
Bleacher talking heads compared Bosa to Julius Peppers... not a great comparison either, but closer than JJ, IMO.
-
I don't think Wisconsin moved Watt off the edge....even though he does now, there was some adjustment to be made with how Houston ended up making him the 5 tech. Bosa is already there. I think after tonight he may have what, 10-11 sacks? That's already equaled Watts best output. Obviously have to point out he's not doing this in the SEC, and that now does mean something whether we like to admit it or not. But Watt came out of the big 10 too during the time the SEC was more dominant than it is now. Will be interesting to see how our situation is at the end of the season. I would love to see some 4-3 looks with him and Kruger as opposite DE's. Than we can move Bosa to the 5 tech on 3-4 schemes. If we can get Houston in free agency, obviously making either Sheard or Mingo expendable....we could have a seriously nasty defense. Let Bosa sub in for one year and give the line depth.
. Obviously have to point out he's not doing this in the SEC, and that now does mean something whether we like to admit it or not.
Da Fuq? It does mean something - absolutely dick.
-
Bosa? Great 3-4 DE prospect who will get even stronger (still a kid after all), but I do not see JJ's explosive first step... and that is not something that he's likely to grow into.
Bleacher talking heads compared Bosa to Julius Peppers... not a great comparison either, but closer than JJ, IMO.
Bosa? Great 3-4 DE prospect who will get even stronger (still a kid after all), but I do not see JJ's explosive first step... and that is not something that he's likely to grow into.
Bleacher talking heads compared Bosa to Julius Peppers... not a great comparison either, but closer than JJ, IMO.
As a Buckeye I won't disagree, that first step Watt has is truly once in a generation. However Bosa truly isn't far off and since Watt may go down as one of the very best, if not the best to ever play - its still exceptionally high praise.
Like I said in the college forum, the greatest parallel is the motor. Watt doesn't stop, neither does Bosa. Effort and a relentless attitude will get you a long way.
-
Bosa looks like a better natural run defender to me than Watt was.
-
I don't think Wisconsin moved Watt off the edge....even though he does now, there was some adjustment to be made with how Houston ended up making him the 5 tech. Bosa is already there. I think after tonight he may have what, 10-11 sacks? That's already equaled Watts best output. Obviously have to point out he's not doing this in the SEC, and that now does mean something whether we like to admit it or not. But Watt came out of the big 10 too during the time the SEC was more dominant than it is now. Will be interesting to see how our situation is at the end of the season. I would love to see some 4-3 looks with him and Kruger as opposite DE's. Than we can move Bosa to the 5 tech on 3-4 schemes. If we can get Houston in free agency, obviously making either Sheard or Mingo expendable....we could have a seriously nasty defense. Let Bosa sub in for one year and give the line depth.
Obviously have to point out he's not doing this in the SEC, and that now does mean something whether we like to admit it or not.
Da Fuq? It does mean something - absolutely dick.
Yes, what a dumb dick statement. Last time I looked, JJ Watt didn't do his thing in the SEC either.....it was the Big Ten. Wisconsin.
And FYI, I have done a breakdown of which conference all of last year's ALL Pro selections played. Here it is:
SEC: 6
Big Ten: 6
ACC: 5,
Big 12: 5
Pac-12: 4
Other conferences: 4
-
I think he has to be three years removed from his high school graduation, not three years of college ball. Manziel had only two years playing for A&M, right?
That is correct. A "red shirt" sophomore can declare for the draft....as JFF did. Bosa is a true sophomore. He must finish this season and he must play in college next year.
Good news for Ohio State.
But sometimes these draftniks can get funny. See this projected 2016 NFL mock draft: It has the Penn St. QB Hackenberg going #1 overall. After the last two weeks I see him as a street free agent. They have Bosa going 4th:
-
. Obviously have to point out he's not doing this in the SEC, and that now does mean something whether we like to admit it or not.
Da Fuq? It does mean something - absolutely dick.
Da Fuq? It does mean something - absolutely dick.
Competition level in the Big 14 is not currently as high as the SEC... especially considering the Rutgers/ Maryland dilution factor.
It may return someday, but I doubt it.
Has squat to do with Bosa's talent or Pro prospects, but the "10" ain't what it used to be.
Gip... check out the 2013 All-Americans and/ or NFL All-rookie teams... little more indicative of the current situation.
-
Yeah, these slow, plodding northern Olineman give no test.
I mean, the trio of Robinson, Matthews & Williams has totally outdone Taylor, Martin and Mewhort.
I mean, Kouandjio wasn't benched for a terrible Sentreal Henderson or anything.
-
... How many Bama first round picks have already flamed out? Being in the SEC doesn't mean as much as some people would like it to mean.
-
... How many Bama first round picks have already flamed out? Being in the SEC doesn't mean as much as some people would like it to mean.
... How many Bama first round picks have already flamed out? Being in the SEC doesn't mean as much as some people would like it to mean.
Cj Mosley, HaHa Dix, Warmack, Julio Jones, Eddie Lacy, McClain (this year) are looking good.
Kirkpatrick, Milliner, Richardson not so much
-
Da Fuq? It does mean something - absolutely dick.
Competition level in the Big 14 is not currently as high as the SEC... especially considering the Rutgers/ Maryland dilution factor.
It may return someday, but I doubt it.
Has squat to do with Bosa's talent or Pro prospects, but the "10" ain't what it used to be.
Gip... check out the 2013 All-Americans and/ or NFL All-rookie teams... little more indicative of the current situation.
Competition level in the Big 14 is not currently as high as the SEC... especially considering the Rutgers/ Maryland dilution factor.
It may return someday, but I doubt it.
Has squat to do with Bosa's talent or Pro prospects, but the "10" ain't what it used to be.
Gip... check out the 2013 All-Americans and/ or NFL All-rookie teams... little more indicative of the current situation.
Why don't you just tell me.
-
are we really now debating whether or not there's more overall talent in the SEC vs the Big 10? C'mon guys just stop. Of course you have studs coming out of the big 10 like Watt...but all guys coming out of the SEC are going to get overall graded higher if they did well because they faced SEC teams the whole year. When a big 10 team faces off against an SEC powerhouse it's a big deal. To another SEC team it's just another week to be facing a top 5 team. It's just the way it is right now. In no way was I saying Bosa would be a bum in the SEC....but perhaps his numbers might not be as good as they are playing some of these teams on the Bucks schedule.
I hate that OhSt doesn't put multiple SEC teams on the schedule every year. I want to play Bama and Auburn every fucking year. This is how you climb back into the national discussion.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login