Where the F is Crowell
-
-
It apparently matters, he is ripping off chunk yardage. If he can protect the ball he is by far the best back we have period.
If...
The line created creases, if not holes. All the backs performed well. None stood out on the stat sheet, but Crow is undeniably the flashiest runner, but the least complete.
He's also still the #3...
-
-
Ben Tate looked slow in comparison to the Baby Backs. Crowell needs to develope ball security.
-
Our RB's are gonna be an issue next year. I don't see us able to keep all 3, which sucks...cause I have no idea who is the low man among them. It literally changes every week. All the guys looked pretty good last night, but then again our line utterly fisted the Bengals. West did look good though, 2nd straight game for him...maybe he's separating I dunno. Crowell looks wild to me, runs like he's gonna fall down at any minute. On some runs it's awesome, on others I think it fucks up his timing.
-
Our RB's are gonna be an issue next year. I don't see us able to keep all 3, which sucks...cause I have no idea who is the low man among them. It literally changes every week. All the guys looked pretty good last night, but then again our line utterly fisted the Bengals. West did look good though, 2nd straight game for him...maybe he's separating I dunno. Crowell looks wild to me, runs like he's gonna fall down at any minute. On some runs it's awesome, on others I think it fucks up his timing.
Our RB's are gonna be an issue next year. I don't see us able to keep all 3...
Why not?
-
Our RB's are gonna be an issue next year. I don't see us able to keep all 3, which sucks...cause I have no idea who is the low man among them. It literally changes every week. All the guys looked pretty good last night, but then again our line utterly fisted the Bengals. West did look good though, 2nd straight game for him...maybe he's separating I dunno. Crowell looks wild to me, runs like he's gonna fall down at any minute. On some runs it's awesome, on others I think it fucks up his timing.
Our RB's are gonna be an issue next year. I don't see us able to keep all 3, which sucks...cause I have no idea who is the low man among them. It literally changes every week. All the guys looked pretty good last night, but then again our line utterly fisted the Bengals. West did look good though, 2nd straight game for him...maybe he's separating I dunno. Crowell looks wild to me, runs like he's gonna fall down at any minute. On some runs it's awesome, on others I think it fucks up his timing.
Crowell is a UDFA, West a 3rd round pick....both will be under contract. The only "difficulty" could be Ben Tate because...perhaps....he will be a FA again. I am not sure of his contract status.....1 year deal only?
I don't see it being a big issue. If Tate is not here, then the Browns go with West/Crowell. If he is here, there is no issue.
-
-
They are all under contract next year(Tate signed for 2 yrs).
Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.
Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.
Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.
All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.
-
Where is Crowell? In the end zone
-
They are all under contract next year(Tate signed for 2 yrs).
Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.
Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.
Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.
All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.
Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.
Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.
Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.
All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.
And I think we need 3 backs and will probably keep them another year. Gotta have 2 ready each game and the injury to Tate shows how quick they can go down. BUT, if Winston is as good as some think, then maybe one becomes expendable and can be trade bait at draft time. The only one I see as being valuable(trade wise) is West, who I think could get a 2nd rounder. Dont think Tate(and his 1 yr contract) or Crowell would pull anything close to that though.
Personally, West looks like the best one right now. Would hate to see him go.
-
I'm glad we got all 3, really. Heading into the second half of the season, and dare l say playoffs, it'll be great to have 3 solid rushers with plenty of tread left.
-
Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.
Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.
Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.
All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.
And I think we need 3 backs and will probably keep them another year. Gotta have 2 ready each game and the injury to Tate shows how quick they can go down. BUT, if Winston is as good as some think, then maybe one becomes expendable and can be trade bait at draft time. The only one I see as being valuable(trade wise) is West, who I think could get a 2nd rounder. Dont think Tate(and his 1 yr contract) or Crowell would pull anything close to that though.
Personally, West looks like the best one right now. Would hate to see him go.
And I think we need 3 backs and will probably keep them another year. Gotta have 2 ready each game and the injury to Tate shows how quick they can go down. BUT, if Winston is as good as some think, then maybe one becomes expendable and can be trade bait at draft time. The only one I see as being valuable(trade wise) is West, who I think could get a 2nd rounder. Dont think Tate(and his 1 yr contract) or Crowell would pull anything close to that though.
Personally, West looks like the best one right now. Would hate to see him go.
Agree completely... would only add to your analytical mix 2015 prospects TBD...
Lotta good tape on our two rooks increases the chance of some team out there sees a member of our "committee" as a potential, feature back for them. It could get interesting.
-
They are all under contract next year(Tate signed for 2 yrs).
Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.
Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.
Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.
All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.
Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.
Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.
Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.
All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.
I disagree. I think Crow and Tate have enough open field speed to take it the distance after they've cleared contact. Do I consider them "burners"? No.
Then again, most of the top backs in the NFL don't have elite track speed either.
-
petine got his head right.....the kid looked fucking awesome last night. you better check your shit for a head on with this beast
Browns physically pummeled the homers last night
-
Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.
Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.
Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.
All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.
I disagree. I think Crow and Tate have enough open field speed to take it the distance after they've cleared contact. Do I consider them "burners"? No.
Then again, most of the top backs in the NFL don't have elite track speed either.
I disagree. I think Crow and Tate have enough open field speed to take it the distance after they've cleared contact. Do I consider them "burners"? No.
Then again, most of the top backs in the NFL don't have elite track speed either.
Were we in court I'd object due to "facts not in evidence".
West has our longest run at 29 followed by Tate at 25 and Crow at 24.
But I'll stipulate that none have yet been in the clear... and the past is no guarantee of future performance
Out of Auburn Tate was "a burner" running in the low 4.3's... but the NFL takes a toll.
West is a low 4.5er at best... Crow an upper 4.5er.
I knew all my hours of "Law & Order" viewing would pay off someday...
Just don't see a game breaker in the bunch, but I'd be happy to be wrong...
-
I believe you won't find the 40 times of AP, Foster, Forte, Lynch, Martin, Lacy, Bell, Morris & Gore to be overly impressive either.
The bulk of top 15 running backs in the NFL have 40 times ranging from 4.45-4.6. Notable speed merchants being Jamaal Charles, Reggie Bush, and Shady.
"Home run threat" Running backs (in terms of speed) are an extreme rarity. Most NFL teams want a back that can punish between the tackles, be reliable out of the backfield and
either run over or by LB's. That certainly isn't Charles, Bush or Shady.
-
Jim Brown had the talent of all those guys and more in one package. He was both a punisher between the tackles and a home run threat......but then he is the best there ever was so it is unfair to compare others to him. So was Leroy Kelly. But it would be nice to have someone like that. The Child Abuser is the closest we come these days in the NFL.
-
Agreed, but sometimes I wonder if Bo Jackson would have been mentioned
in the same category, if his career had been a longer one, and he had never been
badly injured....
-
I believe you won't find the 40 times of AP, Foster, Forte, Lynch, Martin, Lacy, Bell, Morris & Gore to be overly impressive either.
The bulk of top 15 running backs in the NFL have 40 times ranging from 4.45-4.6. Notable speed merchants being Jamaal Charles, Reggie Bush, and Shady.
"Home run threat" Running backs (in terms of speed) are an extreme rarity. Most NFL teams want a back that can punish between the tackles, be reliable out of the backfield and
either run over or by LB's. That certainly isn't Charles, Bush or Shady.
This isn't a "greatest RB" discussion... not even a greatest Browns RB discussion..
I believe you won't find the 40 times of AP, Foster, Forte, Lynch, Martin, Lacy, Bell, Morris & Gore to be overly impressive either.
Not so much for debate points, but out of curiosity I'm going to dig up times for those you mention...but before I do have to say I know a couple are not "burners", but neither are they take it to the house guys, e.g., Foster and Lacy.
As a check I'll look at two longest, season leading runs for each. There may be longer 2nd runs in same season as the longest, but that's more digging than I care to do.
Combine 40 Time:
AP 4.40 -Foster 4.69 -Forte 4.44 -Lynch 4.46 -Martin 4.46 -Lacy 4.64 -Bell 4.56 -Morris 4.63 -Gore 4.55
2 Longest, Season-leading, TD runs as Pro:
AP 82/80 Foster 74/46 Forte 68/61 Lynch 77/56 Martin 70/28 Lacy 60/29 Bell 81/43 Morris 45/39 Gore 80/72
Besides being shocked that Bell is a mid-4.5's guy, only Gore's time vs. run length strikes me as being totally out of line, but the number of games he and AP have played eclipse the others on the list.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login