Why can we still not stop the run?
-
We lack a head hunting MLB. I'm talking an old school son of a bitch that likes to hit.
We lack a real DT to anchor the defensive line. A Gnata/Atkins/Hampton type player.
We lack defensive ends and OLB's that can shut off the edge.
I would spend our first 2 picks on defensive front 7.
-
Yet again a team lets us off the hook by not running in the 2nd half like they did in the 1st. Rainey would have run for 150 had they given him the ball as much as they did in the 1st half. Only reason Tampa was in this game at all was because of the 1st half running. Why? Why is this still going on? You guys keep telling me Dansby is the greatest linebacker the NFL has ever known yet we're getting pounded on the run game after game after game. And it's letting bullshit teams hang with us, which is the infuriating part.
It is kind of absurd to assume they "let us off the hook by not running in the 2nd half". All in all I agree our run D needs a lot of improvement but perhaps we made some adjustments at the half that moved them towards the passing game. Honestly our secondary got their lunch eaten by those two big receivers.
Yea Skrine got fucked up playing someone 8 inches taller. Haden had a hell of a game changing play tipping that ballIt is kind of absurd to assume they "let us off the hook by not running in the 2nd half". All in all I agree our run D needs a lot of improvement but perhaps we made some adjustments at the half that moved them towards the passing game. Honestly our secondary got their lunch eaten by those two big receivers.
-
We lack a head hunting MLB. I'm talking an old school son of a bitch that likes to hit.
We lack a real DT to anchor the defensive line. A Gnata/Atkins/Hampton type player.
We lack defensive ends and OLB's that can shut off the edge.
I would spend our first 2 picks on defensive front 7.
I would have to think our first pick next year is OL at this pointWe lack a head hunting MLB. I'm talking an old school son of a bitch that likes to hit.
We lack a real DT to anchor the defensive line. A Gnata/Atkins/Hampton type player.
We lack defensive ends and OLB's that can shut off the edge.
I would spend our first 2 picks on defensive front 7.
-
I would have to think our first pick next year is OL at this pointWe lack a head hunting MLB. I'm talking an old school son of a bitch that likes to hit.
We lack a real DT to anchor the defensive line. A Gnata/Atkins/Hampton type player.
We lack defensive ends and OLB's that can shut off the edge.
I would spend our first 2 picks on defensive front 7.
I would have to think our first pick next year is OL at this point
Not a chance.
-
I would have to think our first pick next year is OL at this point
Not a chance.
-
With Mack coming back, we def. find a good guard and tackle depth in the 3-5.
I'd love to see us get an ILB, DT, WR, or DE.
HAVE TO resign Gibson, Sheard, and Skrine
-
I just did math and calculated they gave up 4.35 per carry. Not sure l'd call that a fail, but hardly flying colors.
I would have to do more math to see if that's better or worse than past games this season, but instead of doing that l'll just guess it's better.
-
I just did math and calculated they gave up 4.35 per carry. Not sure l'd call that a fail, but hardly flying colors.
I would have to do more math to see if that's better or worse than past games this season, but instead of doing that l'll just guess it's better.
I just did math and calculated they gave up 4.35 per carry. Not sure l'd call that a fail, but hardly flying colors.
I would have to do more math to see if that's better or worse than past games this season, but instead of doing that l'll just guess it's better.
LOL... math is your friend...
So is: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2014.htm
Scroll down a bit and you'll see that through 7 games we have averaged 4.8.
-
We lack a head hunting MLB. I'm talking an old school son of a bitch that likes to hit.
We lack a real DT to anchor the defensive line. A Gnata/Atkins/Hampton type player.
We lack defensive ends and OLB's that can shut off the edge.
I would spend our first 2 picks on defensive front 7.
I agree with you on all but the OLB'ers. I see Sheard and Kruger setting the edge fine. All the runs seem to come off center or guard. Nothing much ever goes off the tackles. Thing is, I see Kruger and Sheard setting those edges just fine if not better when they've got their hands in the ground. I really just think we look better as a 4-3
We lack a head hunting MLB. I'm talking an old school son of a bitch that likes to hit.
We lack a real DT to anchor the defensive line. A Gnata/Atkins/Hampton type player.
We lack defensive ends and OLB's that can shut off the edge.
I would spend our first 2 picks on defensive front 7.
-
I would have to think our first pick next year is OL at this point
Not a chance.
Not a chance.
Wasn't just our center that got beat today...that right side gave up the ass yet again. We absolutely have to draft OL in the 1st round next year 'IF" there's a player that warrants going in the 1st round. If there was a Luke Joeckel talent out there we could stick at right tackle and eventually move to left when Jt retires......I'd trade both 1st round picks to move up to get him. If there's not a guy like that, than yeah fine we can look at some other positions. I really want the Browns to draft Bosa or Perryman, but not at the continued expense of the offensive line. This is shit and it has to stop. Right now we're looking at Hoyer getting blown up in the next few weeks and then we're gonna have to watch johnny football run for his life instead of being able to learn the normal downfield progressions of an NFL starter. Getting the starter killed and dealing with backup roulette has been the MO here in Cleveland since they came back. And the shit has to end or we're gonna be jokers again. Every QB deals with pressure in the NFL, but in Cleveland it's yearly and it stunts the growth of any new QB we bring here.
-
we have two of our best DL hurt..............
both lines right now are affected negatively by key losses. i'm surprised we didn't lose these last 2 games.
-
I agree with you on all but the OLB'ers. I see Sheard and Kruger setting the edge fine. All the runs seem to come off center or guard. Nothing much ever goes off the tackles. Thing is, I see Kruger and Sheard setting those edges just fine if not better when they've got their hands in the ground. I really just think we look better as a 4-3
We lack a head hunting MLB. I'm talking an old school son of a bitch that likes to hit.
We lack a real DT to anchor the defensive line. A Gnata/Atkins/Hampton type player.
We lack defensive ends and OLB's that can shut off the edge.
I would spend our first 2 picks on defensive front 7.
I really just think we look better as a 4-3
I for one have always liked the 4-3 (I think it's easier to draft for) but Pettine is a 3-4 guy and that won't be changing
-
It just doesn't seem to be a priority with the staff. Yet it's the only reason some of these games have even been close. Had we played even mediocre run defense on some of these teams we might have 2 extra wins. Denard ran for almost 100 yds today against Cincy so I feel somewhat better about letting him running all over us. But some of these other guys getting damn near 5 ypc against us is killing me.
-
I really just think we look better as a 4-3
I for one have always liked the 4-3 (I think it's easier to draft for) but Pettine is a 3-4 guy and that won't be changing
Well I thought his philosophy was you play to your talent. That he wasn't specifically a 34 or 43 guy but played both depending on personnel and/or situation. I don't like one over the other just on principle....I like what works best. It seems our best defense comes when the OLB'ers have their hands in the ground. Why not just make Sheard and Kruger DE's along with Bryant and make Mingo an OLB or the long down edge rusher? Getting him into open space would seem to be the best way to suit him. I dunno...I just don't see any reason to stand up Sheard and Kruger anymore. Why? They drop back into zone like 2-3 times a game.
And they need to stop lining up Kruger on the sideline when he does put his hand in the ground. He should be lining up just outside of the tackles outside shoulder. They line him up like he's Von Miller...it makes me numb sometimes cause they're nerfing his rush. He's not a speed rusher so don't line him up like one.
I for one have always liked the 4-3 (I think it's easier to draft for) but Pettine is a 3-4 guy and that won't be changing
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login