Skip to content

Catching Kudos

The Browns Board
24 13 1.1k
  • I 2nd the Austin extention...

    Also kudos to Benji for skying for that one pass...

    ... and Hawk for bouncing back from a major ball shot.

  • That play on Hawk (and we've seen it used with Jordan Cameron) , is designed for injury. It might be effective but I don't like a crossing route with the receiver looking behind him.

  • Yeah... my impression at the time was that the ball should have been thrown earlier to an "empty middle" before Hawk got to the short, sideline zone, but will have to watch it again.

    Also... I did not mention earlier I am with you on Gabe. I swear he thinks he is 1/2 again bigger the=an he is... blocks like he is anyway. Also had a nice KO run back today... best we've seen in a while.

  • Yeah... my impression at the time was that the ball should have been thrown earlier to an "empty middle" before Hawk got to the short, sideline zone, but will have to watch it again.

    Also... I did not mention earlier I am with you on Gabe. I swear he thinks he is 1/2 again bigger the=an he is... blocks like he is anyway. Also had a nice KO run back today... best we've seen in a while.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yeah... my impression at the time was that the ball should have been thrown earlier to an "empty middle" before Hawk got to the short, sideline zone, but will have to watch it again.

    Also... I did not mention earlier I am with you on Gabe. I swear he thinks he is 1/2 again bigger the=an he is... blocks like he is anyway. Also had a nice KO run back today... best we've seen in a while.

    But-but-but. We still have a few tunnel vision maroons here so bent ragging on Gilbert and Hoyer, they can't see the forest because of the trees.

  • Austin has been great, really safe hands.

  • Listening to the Post Game Show and they are talking about how amazing the Hoyer is playing given his "targets". I don't know what game they are watching, but these guys are getting open and if the ball is close, they make the catch, on the run/over the shoulder/on the dive. We have greater speed/talent/size, but as a team, we've not cone close to having the hands we have this year!

  • Meant to say "we've had greater speed, talent, size" and "come close"

  • Meant to say "we've had greater speed, talent, size" and "come close"

    @frenchie said:

    Meant to say "we've had greater speed, talent, size" and "come close"

    you can edit your own post...

  • since we have no running attack now with our decimated OL, look for passes and hopefully more great catches.

  • But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives?

  • But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives? Ballpeen


    *****************************************


    Seems that Shanahan is working some real smart offense, and the wr's are


    stepping up accordingly. They are going to have to add some new wrinkles, because


    that roll out by Hoyer back to the right is great, but teams are adapting. Can't run it that often


    week to week....


    Whatever offensive game plan the ratbirds had last night vs the squealers sucked.


  • It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

  • It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

    @nickers said:

    It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

    Austin, my guess, or maybe they move Benjamin back to full time PR duties. Or, Rodney Smith, more likely.

  • @nickers said:

    It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

    Austin, my guess, or maybe they move Benjamin back to full time PR duties. Or, Rodney Smith, more likely.

    @gftchris said:

    Austin, my guess, or maybe they move Benjamin back to full time PR duties. Or, Rodney Smith, more likely.

    Yeah as much as I like Austin. He's inconsistent at times..

  • @gftchris said:

    Austin, my guess, or maybe they move Benjamin back to full time PR duties. Or, Rodney Smith, more likely.

    Yeah as much as I like Austin. He's inconsistent at times..

    @nickers said:

    Yeah as much as I like Austin. He's inconsistent at times..

    He just seems to be the 'big guy' in the system that Gordon would be.

  • But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives? Ballpeen


    *****************************************


    Seems that Shanahan is working some real smart offense, and the wr's are


    stepping up accordingly. They are going to have to add some new wrinkles, because


    that roll out by Hoyer back to the right is great, but teams are adapting. Can't run it that often


    week to week....


    Whatever offensive game plan the ratbirds had last night vs the squealers sucked.


    Austin went from re-sign to the bench in one, short thread?

    Gordon takes the star, homerun role...

    Austin remains the possession WR...

    Hawk is the slot...

    Gabe is first sub... and gets kick off duty... maybe punt as well...

    Benji is still "the burner"...

    Moore disappears...

    @calfoxwc said:

    Seems that Shanahan is working some real smart offense, and the wr's are stepping up accordingly.

    Not to mention the quality of what Farmer found approaching the bottom of the proverbial barrel...

  • I'd still re-sign Austin.

  • It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

    @nickers said:

    It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

    I to, love Dr Dray's ability to step up when called on, but I'd still like to re-sign Cameron. The biggest thing having a #2 TE has done is mean that we won't have to play Jordan quite as much as he *was*

    expecting. Do I think he'd be rock bottom cheap? No... but I don't see him being top 10 pass catcher cost either.

  • But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives?

    @ballpeen said:

    But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives?

    Hey, I was all aboard the Sammy Watkins train- there's a supposed Browns fan still POed we didn't draft him. Guess Farmer knew what he was doing after all.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not to mention the quality of what Farmer found approaching the bottom of the proverbial barrel...

    Tour- this is what our pal George can't get through his thick head. What Farmer has accomplished in one off season is nothing short of amazing.

  • A couple of those catches that were made during massive hits were really impressive. Dude Hawkins I thought was cut in half and he still held onto that ball!