Skip to content

Catching Kudos

The Browns Board
24 13 1.1k
  • @nickers said:

    It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

    Austin, my guess, or maybe they move Benjamin back to full time PR duties. Or, Rodney Smith, more likely.

    @gftchris said:

    Austin, my guess, or maybe they move Benjamin back to full time PR duties. Or, Rodney Smith, more likely.

    Yeah as much as I like Austin. He's inconsistent at times..

  • @gftchris said:

    Austin, my guess, or maybe they move Benjamin back to full time PR duties. Or, Rodney Smith, more likely.

    Yeah as much as I like Austin. He's inconsistent at times..

    @nickers said:

    Yeah as much as I like Austin. He's inconsistent at times..

    He just seems to be the 'big guy' in the system that Gordon would be.

  • But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives? Ballpeen


    *****************************************


    Seems that Shanahan is working some real smart offense, and the wr's are


    stepping up accordingly. They are going to have to add some new wrinkles, because


    that roll out by Hoyer back to the right is great, but teams are adapting. Can't run it that often


    week to week....


    Whatever offensive game plan the ratbirds had last night vs the squealers sucked.


    Austin went from re-sign to the bench in one, short thread?

    Gordon takes the star, homerun role...

    Austin remains the possession WR...

    Hawk is the slot...

    Gabe is first sub... and gets kick off duty... maybe punt as well...

    Benji is still "the burner"...

    Moore disappears...

    @calfoxwc said:

    Seems that Shanahan is working some real smart offense, and the wr's are stepping up accordingly.

    Not to mention the quality of what Farmer found approaching the bottom of the proverbial barrel...

  • I'd still re-sign Austin.

  • It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

    @nickers said:

    It's gonna be interesting to see who the odd man out is when Gordon comes back.. I also want to give Kudos to Jim Dray.. If Dray keeps that level of play up.. I can see the browns letting Cameron walk.

    I to, love Dr Dray's ability to step up when called on, but I'd still like to re-sign Cameron. The biggest thing having a #2 TE has done is mean that we won't have to play Jordan quite as much as he *was*

    expecting. Do I think he'd be rock bottom cheap? No... but I don't see him being top 10 pass catcher cost either.

  • But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives?

    @ballpeen said:

    But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives?

    Hey, I was all aboard the Sammy Watkins train- there's a supposed Browns fan still POed we didn't draft him. Guess Farmer knew what he was doing after all.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not to mention the quality of what Farmer found approaching the bottom of the proverbial barrel...

    Tour- this is what our pal George can't get through his thick head. What Farmer has accomplished in one off season is nothing short of amazing.

  • A couple of those catches that were made during massive hits were really impressive. Dude Hawkins I thought was cut in half and he still held onto that ball!

  • But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives?

    @ballpeen said:

    But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives?

    These "fill-in" guys have really stepped up. Something we are not used to for fans used to watch Greg Little, Brian Robiskie, Quincy Morgan etc. etc. Guys that couldn't/wouldn't catch the ball.

  • @ballpeen said:

    But before the season the masses were having conniption fits about our receivers. What gives?

    Hey, I was all aboard the Sammy Watkins train- there's a supposed Browns fan still POed we didn't draft him. Guess Farmer knew what he was doing after all.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not to mention the quality of what Farmer found approaching the bottom of the proverbial barrel...

    Tour- this is what our pal George can't get through his thick head. What Farmer has accomplished in one off season is nothing short of amazing.

    @hoorta said:

    Hey, I was all aboard the Sammy Watkins train- there's a supposed Browns fan still POed we didn't draft him. Guess Farmer knew what he was doing after all.

    Tour- this is what our pal George can't get through his thick head. What Farmer has accomplished in one off season is nothing short of amazing.

    Don't agree with you completely. I think Watkins was a miss for us and Farmer just got lucky with Austin (injury) and Gabriel (unsigned rookie). I'll give him some Kudos on the draft class after the first round and only time will tell on Gilbert and Manzeil. Sometimes you have to be lucky to be good and with these receivers, Farmer got lucky.

  • @hoorta said:

    Hey, I was all aboard the Sammy Watkins train- there's a supposed Browns fan still POed we didn't draft him. Guess Farmer knew what he was doing after all.

    Tour- this is what our pal George can't get through his thick head. What Farmer has accomplished in one off season is nothing short of amazing.

    Don't agree with you completely. I think Watkins was a miss for us and Farmer just got lucky with Austin (injury) and Gabriel (unsigned rookie). I'll give him some Kudos on the draft class after the first round and only time will tell on Gilbert and Manzeil. Sometimes you have to be lucky to be good and with these receivers, Farmer got lucky.

    @frenchie said:

    Don't agree with you completely. I think Watkins was a miss for us and Farmer just got lucky with Austin (injury) and Gabriel (unsigned rookie). I'll give him some Kudos on the draft class after the first round and only time will tell on Gilbert and Manzeil. Sometimes you have to be lucky to be good and with these receivers, Farmer got lucky.

    Well shit does happen but think about it. I remember a golf match when somebody hit the ball 40 yards out of a sand trap hit the green and rolled and rolled and rolled and went into the cup. Lucky? The announcer asked him after the game how did you feel when that happens and he replied "well that is what I was aiming for."

    It isn't like ray farmer put a hundred names in a hat closed his eyes and pulled a few out.

    WSS