Skip to content

Asshat Play-by-Play

The Browns Board
12 9 513
  • Who was that asshat doing play-by-play for us against Tampa? He kept getting names wrong, calling out incorrect plays, etc.

    I mean he kept calling Whitner, Whitman. And on Gipson's interception in the end zone, he kept saying that Gipson jumped the route. But the ball was overthrown and Gipson just happened to be behind the play. On multiple occasions the guy couldn't figure out if the play went for 2 yards or 10 yards, and when Gilbert went down he kept talking about his leg, but he took Whitner's shoulder in the facemask and twisted his head sideways.

    I was actually swearing at the TV about how much of a dumb fuck this guy was yesterday.

    @thaak said:

    Who was that asshat doing play-by-play for us against Tampa? He kept getting names wrong, calling out incorrect plays, etc. I mean he kept calling Whitner, Whitman. And on Gipson's interception in the end zone, he kept saying that Gipson jumped the route. But the ball was overthrown and Gipson just happened to be behind the play. On multiple occasions the guy couldn't figure out if the play went for 2 yards or 10 yards, and when Gilbert went down he kept talking about his leg, but he took Whitner's shoulder in the facemask and twisted his head sideways. I was actually swearing at the TV about how much of a dumb fuck this guy was yesterday.

    They also put out our record as being 4-4 and some other shit I can't remember now because of dead brain cells. But it was Fox which normally does the NFC games.

  • I believe David Diehl was one of the guys. Ex O lineman for the Giants.

  • man thanks for bringing this up. I honestly think 5 times they confused Skrine and Gilbert on plays. One time or even two? Sure the numbers are similar and they have the same build. But 5 times? Come on now. Also at one point they called Gipson by Skrine's name, really?

  • It's FOX sports, they suck at sports as hard as they do at politics.

  • I dunno. But if my job was to be a play-by-play guy like that, and I worked for Fox Sports, I might actually do my research and try my hardest to do a good job, so I could maybe go out and get a job at a class joint like CBS, NBC or even ESPN (although some of their news reporting isn't real classy).

  • That play by play guy was also constantly getting the down and distance wrong. He was saying it was like 4th and 1 when it was 3rd and 6...and the like.

  • I dunno. But if my job was to be a play-by-play guy like that, and I worked for Fox Sports, I might actually do my research and try my hardest to do a good job, so I could maybe go out and get a job at a class joint like CBS, NBC or even ESPN (although some of their news reporting isn't real classy).

    @thaak said:

    I dunno. But if my job was to be a play-by-play guy like that, and I worked for Fox Sports, I might actually do my research and try my hardest to do a good job, so I could maybe go out and get a job at a class joint like CBS, NBC or even ESPN (although some of their news reporting isn't real classy).

    I just had to correct Tom Carpenter on ESPN on a piece about us wherein he said our bye was week 11.

    I think there is a new pressure on ESPN to have like 40 new articles a day, so now they are naturally more error prone.

    Plus the tabloid crap off the field.

  • That's why I always mute the TV and turn on the radio. I would much rather watch the game while listening to Jimmy Donovan & Doug Dieken.

  • That's why I always mute the TV and turn on the radio. I would much rather watch the game while listening to Jimmy Donovan & Doug Dieken.

    @canton-dawg said:

    That's why I always mute the TV and turn on the radio. I would much rather watch the game while listening to Jimmy Donovan & Doug Dieken.

    I was at a party last week for the Raiders game. I was watching the game in one smaller room with a few people, but most people were watching it in an adjoining, larger room. I guess that room had the game on HDTV, which has a certain delay to it. Whatever it was, we were seeing the action on screen in our room a full 8-10 seconds before the people in the other room. Something good or bad would happen and we would react. 8-10 seconds later the others would react. It was a bit strange. I think those people in that other room were getting a bit miffed when they would hear cheering or cursing coming from us, and they didn't know why for several seconds.

    Also....I have tried the turn off the TV, listen to the radio thing.....but again, one of them seemed to be on like a 7 second delay. So I have said screw that ever since.

  • @thaak said:

    Who was that asshat doing play-by-play for us against Tampa? He kept getting names wrong, calling out incorrect plays, etc. I mean he kept calling Whitner, Whitman. And on Gipson's interception in the end zone, he kept saying that Gipson jumped the route. But the ball was overthrown and Gipson just happened to be behind the play. On multiple occasions the guy couldn't figure out if the play went for 2 yards or 10 yards, and when Gilbert went down he kept talking about his leg, but he took Whitner's shoulder in the facemask and twisted his head sideways. I was actually swearing at the TV about how much of a dumb fuck this guy was yesterday.

    That's what happens when you're playing a bad team and are a supposed "bad" team. It will all be better Thursday night- we will get NFLN's top crew.

    @hoorta said:

    That's what happens when you're playing a bad team and are a supposed "bad" team. It will all be better Thursday night- we will get NFLN's top crew.

    Justin Kutcher has been paired with Diehl... Aston's brother? He was at least as talented as Aston...

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They also put out our record as being 4-4 and some other shit I can't remember now because of dead brain cells.

    After McDonald's opening blow-up by McCoy Diehl said it was McDonald's first start.