2014 CLEVELAND BROWNS MID SEASON REPORT CARD!
-
-
I also said that they would be in every game. I guess the difference is that we have a quarterback that has a league leading 4th quarter comebacks with 3.
I also said that they would be in every game. I guess the difference is that we have a quarterback that has a league leading 4th quarter comebacks with 3.
Let's see, that means he has put even more room between him and Tony Romo in that category, no? (reference a discussion point last week)
-
That's 4 of 11. Forget the whole Hoyer/JFF/future thing. That's incredible. Cue the Hallelujah song.
-
The Browns overall grade is actually much more simply calculated:
The grade is: 5-3.
-
Our defense has allowed someone of the fewest points per game, despite giving up a lot of yards (especially on the ground). Mingo and Sheard, especially Mingo had pretty solid performances against Tampa, too.
Regardless we're only going up. I wonder if any of the resident cincinnati trolls will show up? They're about as bad as it gets...
-
-
-
-
Nice evaluation overall...
Obviously any or all can quibble with this mark or that, but overall... nice.
-
Special Teams receive an F? C'mon man, They just BLOCKED A PUNT AND AN AUTOMATIC FIELDGOAL!!!
Yeah I get it, we haven't returned well but Cundiff is making his kicks, we are pinning the other team deep on punts, we are covering punts and kickoffs really well, we've blocked a few and nobody is dogging it out there. Anything less than a C+ is really an injustice.
-
Special Teams receive an F? C'mon man, They just BLOCKED A PUNT AND AN AUTOMATIC FIELDGOAL!!!
Yeah I get it, we haven't returned well but Cundiff is making his kicks, we are pinning the other team deep on punts, we are covering punts and kickoffs really well, we've blocked a few and nobody is dogging it out there. Anything less than a C+ is really an injustice.
Special Teams receive an F? C'mon man, They just BLOCKED A PUNT AND AN AUTOMATIC FIELDGOAL!!!
Yeah I get it, we haven't returned well but Cundiff is making his kicks, we are pinning the other team deep on punts, we are covering punts and kickoffs really well, we've blocked a few and nobody is dogging it out there. Anything less than a C+ is really an injustice.
I highly disagree with a C+ grade. the Cleveland Browns special teams is anything but average let alone slightly above average. yes the kickers are doing just fine. the kickoff return team is one of the worst in the league and the punt returning is the WORST by far. returning punts in the fourth quarter alone has either cost us games or chances to win games. its pretty bad when you'll take a fair catch on a punt every time for the rest of the year. I'm a compromise with you and get the special teams D/D+ because of one game against a really bad team but this special teams group is far from on average NFL special teams.
and anyways special teams is like factoring art and gym class into your final GPA in school.the brown special teams is obviously not going to win any games but it sure does look like it can cost us a few.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login