Skip to content

Browns roster wordplay trivia

The Browns Board
25 7 589
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    OK, that was simple, obviously. Here are the few that you all did not yet get:

    6. Browns player who is a member of The Breakfast Club

    7. Browns player who likes to look across the Maumee from Tony Packo's

    14. The ___________ (possible deity)

    17. Its all about him.

    21. Theme from Shaft lyric paraphrase

    24. Extra Power.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #7

    Gipson and Desir were the 2 best... so far...

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #8

    After I read some of your answers I was thinkng.... drat!.... I should've known that

    14) Crow?..... If not a diety, I do think its a tribe(1/2 point)

    17) winn

    Add

    21)Schwartz

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #9

    And, Gip, don't worry about me and the Stockboy...

    You just go play with Vag...

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I've lived in toledo for 4 years and I haven't been to Tony Packo's once. But anyway I don't know the answer to #7 😛

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    #6 John Hughs

  • After I read some of your answers I was thinkng.... drat!.... I should've known that

    14) Crow?..... If not a diety, I do think its a tribe(1/2 point)

    17) winn

    Add

    21)Schwartz

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mudfly said:

    After I read some of your answers I was thinkng.... drat!.... I should've known that

    14) Crow?..... If not a diety, I do think its a tribe(1/2 point)

    17) winn

    Add

    21)Schwartz

    None right here

  • And, Gip, don't worry about me and the Stockboy...

    You just go play with Vag...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tour2ma said:

    And, Gip, don't worry about me and the Stockboy...

    You just go play with Vag...

    As a general rule I would rather play with a vagina than with a boy's stock. That's just me. You may have different orientations. 😉

  • #6 John Hughs

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @cdl15 said:

    #6 John Hughs

    Check (John Hughes was the famous Director of Breakfast Club, Ferris Beuhler, 16 Candles, St. Elmo's Fire...and many other movies)

  • I've lived in toledo for 4 years and I haven't been to Tony Packo's once. But anyway I don't know the answer to #7 😛

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @bbedward said:

    I've lived in toledo for 4 years and I haven't been to Tony Packo's once. But anyway I don't know the answer to #7 😛

    That one is probably the most cryptic of all the clues.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Hint:

    El_Greco_View_of_Toledo.jpg

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by gftChris
    #17

    Right-click; search google for this image; ah, ok then...extremely cryptic.

    el greco's 'View of Toledo

  • @tour2ma said:

    And, Gip, don't worry about me and the Stockboy...

    You just go play with Vag...

    As a general rule I would rather play with a vagina than with a boy's stock. That's just me. You may have different orientations. 😉

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    As a general rule I would rather play with a vagina than with a boy's stock. That's just me. You may have different orientations. 😉

    lol... that's the spirit...

  • Right-click; search google for this image; ah, ok then...extremely cryptic.

    el greco's 'View of Toledo

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @gftchris said:

    Right-click; search google for this image; ah, ok then...extremely cryptic.

    el greco's 'View of Toledo

    How'd you do that spoiler thing? Didn't know we could do that. I could use that to answer Gipper's quizzes without giving it away for other people.

    Zombo

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by gftChris
    #20

    spoiler tags - [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

  • Here is some wordplay about the members of the current Browns roster. These could be any players on any of the rosters: active, IR, PS etc. See if you can identify the Browns player. Some of these references are fairly obvious, some quite a bit more obscure:

    1. Which Browns player satisfies Plato's Allegory?

    2. Which Browns player would Horace Greeley direct people toward?

    3. Browns player in Tennessee Williams portfolio?

    4. Browns player for which Ed Ames is sympatico?

    5. Browns player who may have freaked out in a moonage daydream?

    6. Browns player who was a member of The Breakfast Club?

    7. Browns player who like to sit outside Tony Packo's and look across the Maumee River.

    8. aka The Archangel (which is a new nickname I would like to bestow upon him)

    9. Dinah hangs around him.

    10. He could star in a sequel: "Another Nightmare: The Sibling"

    11. He could be an artist or a craftsman.

    12. Corn beef, sauerkraut, swiss, 1000 Islands on Rye

    13. Wartime PM, familiarly

    14. The ___________ possibly a deity?

    15. My brother by another mother

    16. A draft horse

    17. Is all about him, isn't it?

    18. Close it up, don't let the damn flies in!

    19. People get their licks in on him

    20. Yea, State Capital, baby

    21. Theme from Shaft lyric revision

    22. David and Rickey's long lost bro?

    23. Newlywed's host?

    24. Extra Power

    25. Little, teeny, tiny

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is some wordplay about the members of the current Browns roster. These could be any players on any of the rosters: active, IR, PS etc. See if you can identify the Browns player. Some of these references are fairly obvious, some quite a bit more obscure:

    Answers

    1. Which Browns player satisfies Plato's Allegory? Braxton Cave...Allegory of the Cave

    2. Which Browns player would Horace Greeley direct people toward? Terence West....Go West Young Man.

    3. Browns player in Tennessee Williams portfolio? A Streetcar named Desir(e) Pierre Desir

    4. Browns player for which Ed Ames is sympatico? Barkevious Mingo (Ed Ames=Mingo on Daniel Boone TV show

    5. Browns player who may have freaked out in a moonage daydream? Michael Bowie (David Bowie song)

    6. Browns player who was a member of The Breakfast Club? John Hughes.....Breakfast Club Director

    7. Browns player who like to sit outside Tony Packo's and look across the Maumee River.

    John Greco....."View of Toledo" famous painting by El Greco

    8. aka The Archangel (which is a new nickname I would like to bestow upon him) Taylor Gabriel

    9. Dinah hangs around him. Ismaaly Kitchen

    10. He could star in a sequel: "Another Nightmare: The Sibling" Paul, not Freddy Kruger

    11. He could be an artist or a craftsman. Vinston Painter

    12. Corn beef, sauerkraut, swiss, 1000 Islands on Rye Aytahba Rubin (Reuben)

    13. Wartime PM, familiarly Glenn Winston ......Churchill

    14. The ___________ possibly a deity? May The Schwartz be with you.

    15. My brother by another mother Tashaun (to go along with Tim and Tom) Gipson

    16. A draft horse Jim Dray

    17. Is all about him, isn't it? Travis " its all about the" Benjamin

    18. Close it up, don't let the damn flies in! Buster Skrine (door)

    19. People get their licks in on him Kevin Cone

    20. Yea, State Capital, baby the powerful Miles Austin

    21. Theme from Shaft lyric revision John Bademosi (bad mother....shut your mouth)

    22. David and Rickey's long lost bro? Robert Nelson

    23. Newlywed's host? Darius Eubanks. (Bob Eubanks....long time Newlywed game host)

    24. Extra Power Fua

    25. Little, teeny, tiny Kiero Small

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Skrine Door was truly cringe-worthy.... well done...

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    FUA:

    Comes from the mexican "Fua Philosphy". The extra power you need to do something. The character and strength that projects to the universe and gives the extra power you need.

    You´re tired? Fua!
    You´re sad? Fua!
    You´re sick? Fua!
    Someone´s dead and you want to revive him? Fua!

    No more ugly moments... Live by the Fua Philosophy.
    I´m soooo tired and I have a lot of work... Fua!!!