Skip to content

The weather for Thursday is windy, chilly, and rainy.

The Browns Board
22 16 824
  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Wouldn't say it favors us if we bring out the post-Alex Mack run game.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Browns-Bengals games tend to be hard to predict. Couple that with the quality of play on most of these Thursday night games, who knows.

    I think it will be a close,low scoring game. I think we can steal this one.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #4

    what running game?

    only way to get the ball to the RBs and be successful is through screens and over the middle.

    what'd tate have from the backfield last week? 40+ yards? that train left the station as soon as mack went down.

  • what running game?

    only way to get the ball to the RBs and be successful is through screens and over the middle.

    what'd tate have from the backfield last week? 40+ yards? that train left the station as soon as mack went down.

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @miktoxic said:

    what running game?

    what'd tate have from the backfield last week? 40+ yards?

    Worse. Tate had 10 RUSHES for 3 Yards. Ouch!

    West was able to scratch out 50 yards in the same game though. Honestly, Tate has looked xtra terrible for 3 games. The other guys, while not doing a lot better, are still clearly out gaining him

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #6

    watching both the akron vs. BGSU game and toledo vs. kent state game.

    weather is fucked in ohio right now.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    It's the same weather as I am looking out my window.

    RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • It's the same weather as I am looking out my window.

    RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @browns149 said:

    It's the same weather as I am looking out my window.

    RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    If that is our strategy, we may be in bad shape. The running game went into the tank with Mack. McDonald may do a better job this week. I certainly hope he does.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #9

    we win against cincy by throwing the ball, running it to set up the pass

  • I honestly don't know who's favor this is going to work out for, but lets hope we can get the run game and Brian Hoyer short passing game in control and shut that jabroni Hill down

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #10

    @walterwhite said:

    I honestly don't know who's favor this is going to work out for...

    Ditto, but based upon his comments Pettine thinks it's us.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I think that this Thursday night we will return to the duo of Tate and Crowell. This staff wont have an issue benching Tate. We are going to need to score more than a touch down for sure. Hill will definitely roll for 120+ on us. Hopefully without a score. Funny thing is that over the last 4 weeks Cincy has been one of the worst teams against the run. We need to figure out how to capitalize on that.

  • I think that this Thursday night we will return to the duo of Tate and Crowell. This staff wont have an issue benching Tate. We are going to need to score more than a touch down for sure. Hill will definitely roll for 120+ on us. Hopefully without a score. Funny thing is that over the last 4 weeks Cincy has been one of the worst teams against the run. We need to figure out how to capitalize on that.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #12

    @jcam222 said:

    I think that this Thursday night we will return to the duo of Tate and Crowell. This staff wont have an issue benching Tate. We are going to need to score more than a touch down for sure. Hill will definitely roll for 120+ on us. Hopefully without a score. Funny thing is that over the last 4 weeks Cincy has been one of the worst teams against the run. We need to figure out how to capitalize on that.

    West and Crowell?

    I suspect Tate will still be starting, but by the end of the game he won't have more carries than West.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #13

    ManzielSucks said:

    That's the way I like my wife.

    cold and stormy?

  • @jcam222 said:

    I think that this Thursday night we will return to the duo of Tate and Crowell. This staff wont have an issue benching Tate. We are going to need to score more than a touch down for sure. Hill will definitely roll for 120+ on us. Hopefully without a score. Funny thing is that over the last 4 weeks Cincy has been one of the worst teams against the run. We need to figure out how to capitalize on that.

    West and Crowell?

    I suspect Tate will still be starting, but by the end of the game he won't have more carries than West.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @bbedward said:

    West and Crowell?

    I suspect Tate will still be starting, but by the end of the game he won't have more carries than West.

    Yes I actually meant West and Crowell. I am thinking they may hold Tate out this Thursday

  • slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Gonna be my first browns game since 2007, week 16 @ cincy where DA all but gave the game and playoff dreams away with 4 interceptions. This times gonna be alot different muthafuckas! 😁 GO BROWNS!!

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I have a feeling Crowell may get a good bit of playing time, but West may be our best "mudder". We'll see.

    Mike

  • I have a feeling Crowell may get a good bit of playing time, but West may be our best "mudder". We'll see.

    Mike

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @canton-mike said:

    I have a feeling Crowell may get a good bit of playing time, but West may be our best "mudder". We'll see.

    Mike

    Don't forget PBS is artificial turf- and lousy artificial turf at that.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #18

    hopefully they've been putting crowell through the 'hold onto the ball' ringamaroll.

    only time i like to see the ball on the carpet is if she can't handle two and the goo.

  • watching both the akron vs. BGSU game and toledo vs. kent state game.

    weather is fucked in ohio right now.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @miktoxic said:

    watching both the akron vs. BGSU game and toledo vs. kent state game.

    weather is fucked in ohio right now.

    Might as well repeat that daily until maybe mid May.

  • ManzielSucks said:

    That's the way I like my wife.

    cold and stormy?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @miktoxic said:

    cold and stormy?

    He is a Kathy Bates in Misery type of guy.

  • The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I'm freaking excited about this game! Kick-off will be at 2:30 a.m. Italian time, but I'm going to be in front of the TV. There's no way I can wait to see it videotaped on Friday evening. Hopefully my Browns will keep me well awake until 5:30 a.m. On Friday morning I've got a 8:30 meeting at work: my best plan is to get there on my knees but with a big smile on my face...

    Come on Browns!!!!!! After so many years I think you owe it to me... 😄