Skip to content

Thoughts from Farmer pressy

The Browns Board
25 13 964
  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    According to Haslam, both Farmer and Pettine report directly to him. So why would he make a comment on Pettine?

    Because he was asked? Nothing wrong with talking about a co-worker... as long as it's positive.

    To say Farmer was effusive in his praise of Pettine would be an understatement calling him "smart" and "a leader" among other things. And then saying, "I'm all in on Pettine."

    @tour2ma said:

    To say Farmer was effusive in his praise of Pettine would be an understatement calling him "smart" and "a leader" among other things. And then saying, "I'm all in on Pettine."

    That was my take. Farmer usually chooses his words very carefully and can offer praise and support w/o going over the top.

    But when given the opportunity, he chose to pile it on for Pettine, while taking a very moderate "wait and see" approach for both Hoyer and Gordon. It was very obvious to me.

    My honest take on it, without choosing sides or starting a huge freaking debate, is that Hoyer and Gordon may not be in our plan for next year, >>>>UNLESS<<<<< we go big the second half of this season.

    Playoffs = Hoyer/Gordon in 2015

    8 - 8 = JFF and another draft pick (for Gordon) in 2015

  • Listened to the presser, I am not ready to ring the alarm bells on the Gordon comment. I think he was just taking a "wait and see" stance on Gordon primarily because we know Farmer puts a premium on high-character individuals and I suspect he wants to see if Gordon has turned the corner on this or not. It also could've been that he phrased it the way he did to challenge and motivate Gordon when he gets back.

  • Well if you don't draft a wide receiver how the hell do you get one? My point was if they had planned on Manziel all along then why not get him some weapons. I don't suppose Justin Gilbert is the reason the fans pay to watch games.

  • Well if you don't draft a wide receiver how the hell do you get one? My point was if they had planned on Manziel all along then why not get him some weapons. I don't suppose Justin Gilbert is the reason the fans pay to watch games.

    @opal312 said:

    Well if you don't draft a wide receiver how the hell do you get one? My point was if they had planned on Manziel all along then why not get him some weapons. I don't suppose Justin Gilbert is the reason the fans pay to watch games.

    if the team is getting trounced by getting beat on every throw, do you think the fans will stick around to watch the game?

    w/o drafting a WR the browns have gabriel who is ranked #2 in YPC.

    what are you just stoopid? will you quit crying when gordon comes back and the browns dominate in the passing game? (god knows we better cuz this OL ain't getting fixed anytime soon which means the running game is finute).

  • ManzielSucks said:

    I absolutely hate Haslam!

    Yet you chose ManzielSucks...