Skip to content

Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
2 2 983
  • There is a very entertaining book by this title. It was written by the man who taught my two boys high school physics.

    http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/

    The body of the book is very readable and enjoyable for anyone who doesn't understand an iota of physics. There are inset boxes that offer formulas and explanations of physics suitable for nerds. These can be easily skipped without distraction or delved into by the science lovers. I saw Tom Rogers, the author, today when I was at work and thought I'd give his work a plug.

  • Thanks, Kathy ! I will have to find it and read it - sounds fun.

    Of course, I'll have to still quelch my analytical computer side - I learned long ago that watching a

    movie with my wonderful cute Wife and saying "well, all they had to do was" or "that's ridiculous, that crash

    would have left them unable to run" or "they were that close to a flameball explosion and they don't even

    get a singe?" ... I learned to just watch the movie.

    But I would like to read the book anyways... GGG