London 2015
-
Not sure about adopting the Jags - it would be a lot easier to do so if they were winning. Most people here are either Patriot fans, or whoever won the superbowl when they started watching. Probably about half pats, and then a smattering of other teams.
Not sure about adopting the Jags - it would be a lot easier to do so if they were winning. Most people here are either Patriot fans, or whoever won the superbowl when they started watching. Probably about half pats, and then a smattering of other teams.
In other words, you are all a bunch of FRAKs!!
-
Also, I can answer my own question about Buffalo and Toronto. It looks like it is ending:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-owners-commit-home-011325752--nfl.html
-
Three more games I wont be attending unless one falls on a Browns bye week
-
Doesn't seem the Browns will be there, according to Adam Schefter:
Dolphins host Jets in London on Oct. 4, 2015;
Jags host Bills there Oct. 25;
Chiefs host Lions in London Nov 1, 2015.
-
that would be a sweet road trip though!
WSS
-
I'm surprised the Chiefs gave up a home game, surely they aren't going to try for a SB host which is the only reason I can think of at moment
-
Three more games I wont be attending unless one falls on a Browns bye week
Three more games I wont be attending unless one falls on a Browns bye week
And unless they bring ticket prices down under like £90 or whatever they are now.
-
As a European there are a couple of things I just don't get about these London games.
1. Knowing how meticulously NFL teams prepare the games, a road trip to Europe is far too disruptive for both teams playing in London. In addition to that the home team loses the slight advantage of playing in its own stadium (and the fans are stripped of one home game out of 8 only). If NFL decided to stop playing in Europe, I couldn't but agree.
2. If it has to be Europe, why only London then? I appreciate that there are a number of UK fans of the game and that in the low cost flight era you can fly to UK with relatively cheap tickets, but football fans are many all over Europe. Germany and France could be good locations for those games (as you can see I'm not even mentioning Italy, although a game in Milan or Rome could well be a sellout)
3. A EU franchise...I don't know about that. Only one would be too little to avoid the situation where the other division and conference teams are penalised by the travelling hours, reduced time to prepare the game and jet lag to overcome. And we would not have enough market for multiple teams and/or one entire division in Europe.
Having said that, should the Browns go to play in London one day, I'd certainly be there. But, well, I don't know if this is good choice by the Commissioner.
-
Dolphins fucked, having to play a home divisional game in London.
Not that I will cry any tears for them.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Dolphins fucked, having to play a home divisional game in London.
Not that I will cry any tears for them.
Zombo
Yea, no shit, no tears, especially now that we are in competition with them for the Playoffs.
-
that would be a sweet road trip though!
WSS
that would be a sweet road trip though!
WSS
If they continue to play the way they are now the Browns will probably be picked to play there in 2016.
You going?
-
that would be a sweet road trip though!
WSS
If they continue to play the way they are now the Browns will probably be picked to play there in 2016.
You going?
If they continue to play the way they are now the Browns will probably be picked to play there in 2016.
You going?
I am!

-
As a European there are a couple of things I just don't get about these London games.
1. Knowing how meticulously NFL teams prepare the games, a road trip to Europe is far too disruptive for both teams playing in London. In addition to that the home team loses the slight advantage of playing in its own stadium (and the fans are stripped of one home game out of 8 only). If NFL decided to stop playing in Europe, I couldn't but agree.
2. If it has to be Europe, why only London then? I appreciate that there are a number of UK fans of the game and that in the low cost flight era you can fly to UK with relatively cheap tickets, but football fans are many all over Europe. Germany and France could be good locations for those games (as you can see I'm not even mentioning Italy, although a game in Milan or Rome could well be a sellout)
3. A EU franchise...I don't know about that. Only one would be too little to avoid the situation where the other division and conference teams are penalised by the travelling hours, reduced time to prepare the game and jet lag to overcome. And we would not have enough market for multiple teams and/or one entire division in Europe.
Having said that, should the Browns go to play in London one day, I'd certainly be there. But, well, I don't know if this is good choice by the Commissioner.
As a European there are a couple of things I just don't get about these London games.
1. Knowing how meticulously NFL teams prepare the games, a road trip to Europe is far too disruptive for both teams playing in London. In addition to that the home team loses the slight advantage of playing in its own stadium (and the fans are stripped of one home game out of 8 only). If NFL decided to stop playing in Europe, I couldn't but agree.
2. If it has to be Europe, why only London then? I appreciate that there are a number of UK fans of the game and that in the low cost flight era you can fly to UK with relatively cheap tickets, but football fans are many all over Europe. Germany and France could be good locations for those games (as you can see I'm not even mentioning Italy, although a game in Milan or Rome could well be a sellout)
3. A EU franchise...I don't know about that. Only one would be too little to avoid the situation where the other division and conference teams are penalised by the travelling hours, reduced time to prepare the game and jet lag to overcome. And we would not have enough market for multiple teams and/or one entire division in Europe.
Having said that, should the Browns go to play in London one day, I'd certainly be there. But, well, I don't know if this is good choice by the Commissioner.
When they were running the old NFL Europa league, I believe at one point all the teams but one were located in Germany. So, I agree.....why just have games in London. I suspect an NFL game in the Rhineland would go over big. (and for Americans, FYI the "Rhineland" is actually the second largest metropolitan area in Europe)
-
As a European there are a couple of things I just don't get about these London games.
1. Knowing how meticulously NFL teams prepare the games, a road trip to Europe is far too disruptive for both teams playing in London. In addition to that the home team loses the slight advantage of playing in its own stadium (and the fans are stripped of one home game out of 8 only). If NFL decided to stop playing in Europe, I couldn't but agree.
2. If it has to be Europe, why only London then? I appreciate that there are a number of UK fans of the game and that in the low cost flight era you can fly to UK with relatively cheap tickets, but football fans are many all over Europe. Germany and France could be good locations for those games (as you can see I'm not even mentioning Italy, although a game in Milan or Rome could well be a sellout)
3. A EU franchise...I don't know about that. Only one would be too little to avoid the situation where the other division and conference teams are penalised by the travelling hours, reduced time to prepare the game and jet lag to overcome. And we would not have enough market for multiple teams and/or one entire division in Europe.
Having said that, should the Browns go to play in London one day, I'd certainly be there. But, well, I don't know if this is good choice by the Commissioner.
As a European there are a couple of things I just don't get about these London games.
1. Knowing how meticulously NFL teams prepare the games, a road trip to Europe is far too disruptive for both teams playing in London. In addition to that the home team loses the slight advantage of playing in its own stadium (and the fans are stripped of one home game out of 8 only). If NFL decided to stop playing in Europe, I couldn't but agree.
2. If it has to be Europe, why only London then? I appreciate that there are a number of UK fans of the game and that in the low cost flight era you can fly to UK with relatively cheap tickets, but football fans are many all over Europe. Germany and France could be good locations for those games (as you can see I'm not even mentioning Italy, although a game in Milan or Rome could well be a sellout)
3. A EU franchise...I don't know about that. Only one would be too little to avoid the situation where the other division and conference teams are penalised by the travelling hours, reduced time to prepare the game and jet lag to overcome. And we would not have enough market for multiple teams and/or one entire division in Europe.
Having said that, should the Browns go to play in London one day, I'd certainly be there. But, well, I don't know if this is good choice by the Commissioner.
D'accordo. I don't even particularly like having the london games here - everything gets too Anglicised, and there's a lot of pandering to the local dummies who don't know and don't care. I'd be much happier if it moved around like you say - berlin, barcelona, paris etc.
And a franchise here has too many obstacles - not to mention legal issues with the EU - to ever get off the ground.
-
Josh Gordon would like Amsterdam...
WSS
-
Josh Gordon would like Amsterdam...
WSS
Josh Gordon would like Amsterdam...
WSS
And Denver.
-
Josh Gordon would like Amsterdam...
WSS
And Denver.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login