Skip to content

Sore Losers

The Browns Board
56 19 2.2k
  • I 100% support not giving up. They were still only down 1 score. Twice in the nfl in my memory has a team fumbled in a called knee down and lost. He had a good jump on the snap and very well could have disrupted the play. Who knows. If they were down 20 then yea dick move, but...

    @upper-lip said:

    I 100% support not giving up. They were still only down 1 score. Twice in the nfl in my memory has a team fumbled in a called knee down and lost. He had a good jump on the snap and very well could have disrupted the play. Who knows. If they were down 20 then yea dick move, but...

    I kind of agree. 57 seconds left. A team should not give up. If he hit Vick just right he may have cause a fumble before Vick could take a knee. A wholely unlikely situation, but if there were any kind of a chance, you would still want to try something like this.

    Even if its like one in a million.

    I know, its a cliche moment, but it works here.

  • Problem is the play is over before he even leaves the ground.... Had the center not hit him, he probably would have went helmet to helmet with the QB who was giving himself up on the play and it would have been a late hit fine. Dumb move.

  • So if Whitner or another one of our guys went airborne on a kneel down...

    Y'all think we'd be getting some bad mugging from ESPN and/or the national press? I sure do. If Mike Mitchell was a Brown they'd be talking about that play for the whole week. Fucking bullshit. The Jets O line should have stomped on Mitchells head for that play. I really wouldn't be terribly sad for Mitchell if one of em had grabbed him the air and slammed him on his head breaking his neck.

  • no we wouldnt.. no they wouldnt.. and why are you still talking about this?

  • no we wouldnt.. no they wouldnt.. and why are you still talking about this?

    Fucking Steeler fan shuddup

    @upper-lip said:

    no we wouldnt.. no they wouldnt.. and why are you still talking about this?

  • And yeah it happened so long ago I don't know why I would bring it up. Sunday was like...yesterday. I know I usually don't remember things that happened 30 some hours ago.

  • You know the guy was thinking, "if this works, l'll be a hero!!"

    But it didn't. And he's not.

  • Fucking Steeler fan shuddup

    @upper-lip said:

    no we wouldnt.. no they wouldnt.. and why are you still talking about this?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Fucking Steeler fan shuddup

    i weep.

  • We didn't do shit for the last 59 minutes so let's try and tie it when they least expect it and are most vulnerable. Losers.

  • I only wish the center had dropped him directly on this head

  • No reason to blow up a kneel down play in the NFL. You didn't play good enough to win, so let it go and keep everyone healthy.

  • Ridiculous play. If a raven had done that to the steelers they'd be all up in arms about it.

  • Is Greg Schiano on the Steeler's staff?

  • If it was Peyton Manning or Tom Brady instead of Vick, Mitchell would be suspended...

  • If it was Peyton Manning or Tom Brady instead of Vick, Mitchell would be suspended...

    @hx214 said:

    If it was Peyton Manning or Tom Brady instead of Vick, Mitchell would be suspended...

    Lol. Yes.

  • Somebody supposedly body slammed that asshole ( # 23 )

  • Not surprised at all... the Stoolers are experts in administering cheap shots.

  • Somebody supposedly body slammed that asshole ( # 23 )

    @paul-warfield said:

    Somebody supposedly body slammed that asshole ( # 23 )

    Mangold back body dropped him, if you ever watched wrestling you'd know what the meant. But somehow i just don't think it was enough. Like being vaulted like that was probably what he knew could happen to him if the center stood up as he was passing over. So that's something Mitchell would have been prepared for. What he wouldn't have been prepared for is the entire Jets O line stepping on his cock one after the other. And that was what I would really have wished for. And I really do think if one of our Browns had done that the whole team would be getting some really sour press the whole week. I know Rex was still pissed about it the next day, but I don't think anybody asked Tomlin or anyone from the Steelers organization about it. If it had been us Pettine would have been forced to pen a letter to SI and ESPN profusely apologizing. Oh and I can only imagine what Merril fuckng Hoge would have been going on about. He would have found ways to bring it up till the playoffs. Is Rooney a wizard or something that he can wave a stick and people forget to talk about Pgh's dirty shit?

  • @paul-warfield said:

    Somebody supposedly body slammed that asshole ( # 23 )

    Mangold back body dropped him, if you ever watched wrestling you'd know what the meant. But somehow i just don't think it was enough. Like being vaulted like that was probably what he knew could happen to him if the center stood up as he was passing over. So that's something Mitchell would have been prepared for. What he wouldn't have been prepared for is the entire Jets O line stepping on his cock one after the other. And that was what I would really have wished for. And I really do think if one of our Browns had done that the whole team would be getting some really sour press the whole week. I know Rex was still pissed about it the next day, but I don't think anybody asked Tomlin or anyone from the Steelers organization about it. If it had been us Pettine would have been forced to pen a letter to SI and ESPN profusely apologizing. Oh and I can only imagine what Merril fuckng Hoge would have been going on about. He would have found ways to bring it up till the playoffs. Is Rooney a wizard or something that he can wave a stick and people forget to talk about Pgh's dirty shit?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Mangold back body dropped him, if you ever watched wrestling you'd know what the meant. But somehow i just don't think it was enough. Like being vaulted like that was probably what he knew could happen to him if the center stood up as he was passing over. So that's something Mitchell would have been prepared for. What he wouldn't have been prepared for is the entire Jets O line stepping on his cock one after the other. And that was what I would really have wished for. And I really do think if one of our Browns had done that the whole team would be getting some really sour press the whole week. I know Rex was still pissed about it the next day, but I don't think anybody asked Tomlin or anyone from the Steelers organization about it. If it had been us Pettine would have been forced to pen a letter to SI and ESPN profusely apologizing. Oh and I can only imagine what Merril fuckng Hoge would have been going on about. He would have found ways to bring it up till the playoffs. Is Rooney a wizard or something that he can wave a stick and people forget to talk about Pgh's dirty shit?

    Wait until they try it with Manziel under center somewhere.

  • @paul-warfield said:

    Somebody supposedly body slammed that asshole ( # 23 )

    Mangold back body dropped him, if you ever watched wrestling you'd know what the meant. But somehow i just don't think it was enough. Like being vaulted like that was probably what he knew could happen to him if the center stood up as he was passing over. So that's something Mitchell would have been prepared for. What he wouldn't have been prepared for is the entire Jets O line stepping on his cock one after the other. And that was what I would really have wished for. And I really do think if one of our Browns had done that the whole team would be getting some really sour press the whole week. I know Rex was still pissed about it the next day, but I don't think anybody asked Tomlin or anyone from the Steelers organization about it. If it had been us Pettine would have been forced to pen a letter to SI and ESPN profusely apologizing. Oh and I can only imagine what Merril fuckng Hoge would have been going on about. He would have found ways to bring it up till the playoffs. Is Rooney a wizard or something that he can wave a stick and people forget to talk about Pgh's dirty shit?

    @clevfan4life said:

    If it had been us Pettine would have been forced to pen a letter to SI and ESPN profusely apologizing.

    Is Rooney a wizard or something that he can wave a stick and people forget to talk about Pgh's dirty shit?

    First... dirty? Nah... overzealous.

    Second, if a Brown had done it I truly believe Pettine would have immediately pulled him off of the field. I am actually surprised that Tomlin did not do so.