Skip to content

LSU choked like a Dog

College Football Forum
11 5 873
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    If anyone saw that Alabama/LSU game, you know then that LSU choked like fucking dogs at the end of that game.

    They recover a fumble deep in Alabama territory with about 1:15 left on the clock. But they get a 15 yard stupid personal foul penalty that backs them up, and as a result they have no chance to score a TD, but can get a field goal to go up 13-10. However, they have let Alabama control the clock, so the clock only goes down to 50 seconds.

    Then, the biggest fuckup of them all: on the ensuing kickoff, the LSU kicker kicks it out of bounds. So Alabama, instead of having to start from like their 20 or deeper get the ball on their 40 yard line. It made all the difference in the world. Alabama only has to drive about 25-30 yards in those 50 seconds to get a chance a FG instead of having to go 45-50-60 yards.

    And in that drive LSU is only able to stop Alabama in the field of play to keep the clock running one time. Alabama receivers were wide open for good chunks of yardage and they were free to go out of bounds.

    Alabama was able to spike the ball with one second and the FG was good to tie the game....and of course Ala. wins the game on just 1 OT.

    Should Alabama be given some credit for performing in the clutch? Sure, but they were spoon fed the opportunities to make the tieing FG by all the LSU fuckups.

    LSU Choked....and I had wanted them to win because I am tired of Alabama, and I don't think they are all that good this year.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I agree with you, but the Saban factor is what lures voters in. I also think they win out in their conference, they are home for the remaining games.

    'Bama struggled vs. Arkansas and got a free pass as well.

  • I agree with you, but the Saban factor is what lures voters in. I also think they win out in their conference, they are home for the remaining games.

    'Bama struggled vs. Arkansas and got a free pass as well.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @bob806 said:

    I agree with you, but the Saban factor is what lures voters in. I also think they win out in their conference, they are home for the remaining games.

    'Bama struggled vs. Arkansas and got a free pass as well.

    Yes, I see. All the rest of Bama's games are home. That is a big help to them.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    OK, here is a question: If Saban is such a darn good coach.....why was he a failure at Michigan St. and with the Dolphins?

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Ask Bill Belichick... 😉

    And Auburn choked worse than LSU

  • AxeA Axe

    Ask Bill Belichick... 😉

    And Auburn choked worse than LSU

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @axe said:

    Ask Bill Belichick... 😉

    And Auburn choked worse than LSU

    I guess maybe they did. But I wasn't watching that game.

  • OK, here is a question: If Saban is such a darn good coach.....why was he a failure at Michigan St. and with the Dolphins?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, here is a question: If Saban is such a darn good coach.....why was he a failure at Michigan St. and with the Dolphins?

    I think his style is more suited for college than the NFL. He knows he has the kids for 4 years, and they have to buy in to his program to see the field.

    Maybe at MSU he was losing the recruiting battle to Lloyd Carr, possibly Notre Dame as well. I'm not a Saban fan, but he made a great career move by heading south. He basically used his LSU stint to pad a resume, then after Miami he got the biggest coaching gig in the south ('Bama).

    I could be wrong here, but my hunch is the history of Alabama football is a big draw to athletes in the south (I know they struggled for years after Bear Bryant, firing coaches constantly).

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #8

    The SEC and Bama also condone waaay more bending or flat out breaking of the rules. Recruiting isn't that hard when you have bagmen and you can recruit 5 classes every four years.

  • The SEC and Bama also condone waaay more bending or flat out breaking of the rules. Recruiting isn't that hard when you have bagmen and you can recruit 5 classes every four years.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
    #9

    @mld-woody said:

    The SEC and Bama also condone waaay more bending or flat out breaking of the rules. Recruiting isn't that hard when you have bagmen and you can recruit 5 classes every four years.

    I hate Alabama more than anyone but dayyyum son!!

    homer_facepalm_by_geoflat-d4oyfbj.jpg

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #10

    The Crimson Tide is why, nuff said.

  • The Crimson Tide is why, nuff said.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    The Crimson Tide is why, nuff said.

    Yea, I got your Crimson Tide

    hypo.jpg