Why do people want Braxton Miller back?
-
Barrett is better
-
i seem to be the only one in the world right now that thinks braxton is still better.. i love what barrett is doing, dude's been great last 4-5 weeks. miller is still an elite play maker and best dual threat qb in the country. barrett has maybe been more consistent throwing and has stunned with his ability to take off, but miller is heisman level. but you can't bench barrett after what he's doing. you just cant. we can either run a 2 QB system or let miller leave. i'm all for running a 2 QB system. college is all about gimmicks. miller is just too good to let go. just think of the possibilities of putting both miller and barrett in the backfield in certain sets. i'd love to see the wish bone with miller, barrett, dontre wilson, and zeke elliot.
i seem to be the only one in the world right now that thinks braxton is still better.. i love what barrett is doing, dude's been great last 4-5 weeks. miller is still an elite play maker and best dual threat qb in the country. barrett has maybe been more consistent throwing and has stunned with his ability to take off, but miller is heisman level. but you can't bench barrett after what he's doing. you just cant. we can either run a 2 QB system or let miller leave. i'm all for running a 2 QB system. college is all about gimmicks. miller is just too good to let go. just think of the possibilities of putting both miller and barrett in the backfield in certain sets. i'd love to see the wish bone with miller, barrett, dontre wilson, and zeke elliot.
I'm telling you, Braxton Miller will never take another snap for the Buckeyes
-
Urban Meyer loves Miller & the kid has LOADS of talent, but he puts the ball on the ground way too often for my tastes. We'll see what happens & who plays when he returns.
Mike
-
Miller will not be the same when he returns and would disrupt the flow and momentum Barrett has built.
Barrett won the job, Braxton should become a RB or WR
-
Miller would make a better RB than probably no more than 2-3 players in the nation.
Miller would make a better RB than probably no more than 2-3 players in the nation.
That's a little ridiculous...
-
Braxton's a good athlete, and if he really wants to play again, it will have to be at another position or backup qb. He's not a pro type of QB, but he may find another way to get into the pros if his body can take it. Barret is something really special, and he can take this young team to great heights.
-
meyer said they will fight for the starting job next summer and they could thrive in a 2 QB system, for what thats worth. i would bet my whole life earnings and everything i own that miller hasnt taken his last snap as a buckeye
-
Barrett as a freshman with 3 more games to play has already had a better season passing than ANY of Millers seasons.
He already has more yards and TD's in one season as a freshman (with 3 games to play) than Miller has had in any.
Barrett has 600 rushing yards and 8 td's so he isn't a bad runner by any means.
Barrett is just such a better passer and QB. Miller is the better athlete and rusher.
I take Barrett any day of the week.
-
Miller would make a better RB than probably no more than 2-3 players in the nation.
That's a little ridiculous...
That's a little ridiculous...
No, not really. I mean, in 3 years he gained 715, 1271 and 1068 yards rushing....as a QB, not as a featured RB.
While Carlos Hyde...as the featured back was rushing for 1500 yards, Miller was gaining that 1068. Miller had more yards than Hyde et al in 2012.
In 2014 so far only 4 RBs in the nation have run for over the 1271 Miller had in 2012.
His ability to run is not the issue. The issue is would he be able to adjust to a new position.
-
That's a little ridiculous...
No, not really. I mean, in 3 years he gained 715, 1271 and 1068 yards rushing....as a QB, not as a featured RB.
While Carlos Hyde...as the featured back was rushing for 1500 yards, Miller was gaining that 1068. Miller had more yards than Hyde et al in 2012.
In 2014 so far only 4 RBs in the nation have run for over the 1271 Miller had in 2012.
His ability to run is not the issue. The issue is would he be able to adjust to a new position.
No, not really. I mean, in 3 years he gained 715, 1271 and 1068 yards rushing....as a QB, not as a featured RB.
While Carlos Hyde...as the featured back was rushing for 1500 yards, Miller was gaining that 1068. Miller had more yards than Hyde et al in 2012.
In 2014 so far only 4 RBs in the nation have run for over the 1271 Miller had in 2012.
His ability to run is not the issue. The issue is would he be able to adjust to a new position.
The amount of yards he acquired on the ground to not directly mean he would be a Top 4 HB... if that was the case, then I must have missed you saying Denard would be the top or one of the top HBs in the country. (Though, since he's started in the NFL, I believe only Murrary is getting better numbers). Not to mention, Hyde was a monster and you had a dominant OL last year.
He would definitely be a good college back, especially in the right system. But 6'2" 215lb does not really translate to a HB. He'd be a tall, lanky HB. He's need to bulk up for sure. His durability would be a concern until then. OSU also didn't attempt a ton of passes with him (they didn't need to).
He is definitely shifty. He is definitely a great running QB. That does not mean he'd be a top 5 CFB HB though. I think he'd have to bulk up for sure (Denard put on 15 pounds this offseason). I'll give you this though, there are not a ton of elite backs this year. If he commits to the change, and bulks up without losing his wiggle, he'd most likely be top 20, maybe higher.
He won't get the chance to play HB at OSU next year either, at least not full time. You guys have some good backs in house already. Kind of an all around shitty situation for Braxton. If he sticks around, it will be interesting to see what Urban comes up with.
-
No, not really. I mean, in 3 years he gained 715, 1271 and 1068 yards rushing....as a QB, not as a featured RB.
While Carlos Hyde...as the featured back was rushing for 1500 yards, Miller was gaining that 1068. Miller had more yards than Hyde et al in 2012.
In 2014 so far only 4 RBs in the nation have run for over the 1271 Miller had in 2012.
His ability to run is not the issue. The issue is would he be able to adjust to a new position.
The amount of yards he acquired on the ground to not directly mean he would be a Top 4 HB... if that was the case, then I must have missed you saying Denard would be the top or one of the top HBs in the country. (Though, since he's started in the NFL, I believe only Murrary is getting better numbers). Not to mention, Hyde was a monster and you had a dominant OL last year.
He would definitely be a good college back, especially in the right system. But 6'2" 215lb does not really translate to a HB. He'd be a tall, lanky HB. He's need to bulk up for sure. His durability would be a concern until then. OSU also didn't attempt a ton of passes with him (they didn't need to).
He is definitely shifty. He is definitely a great running QB. That does not mean he'd be a top 5 CFB HB though. I think he'd have to bulk up for sure (Denard put on 15 pounds this offseason). I'll give you this though, there are not a ton of elite backs this year. If he commits to the change, and bulks up without losing his wiggle, he'd most likely be top 20, maybe higher.
He won't get the chance to play HB at OSU next year either, at least not full time. You guys have some good backs in house already. Kind of an all around shitty situation for Braxton. If he sticks around, it will be interesting to see what Urban comes up with.
The amount of yards he acquired on the ground to not directly mean he would be a Top 4 HB... if that was the case, then I must have missed you saying Denard would be the top or one of the top HBs in the country. (Though, since he's started in the NFL, I believe only Murrary is getting better numbers). Not to mention, Hyde was a monster and you had a dominant OL last year.
He would definitely be a good college back, especially in the right system. But 6'2" 215lb does not really translate to a HB. He'd be a tall, lanky HB. He's need to bulk up for sure. His durability would be a concern until then. OSU also didn't attempt a ton of passes with him (they didn't need to).
He is definitely shifty. He is definitely a great running QB. That does not mean he'd be a top 5 CFB HB though. I think he'd have to bulk up for sure (Denard put on 15 pounds this offseason). I'll give you this though, there are not a ton of elite backs this year. If he commits to the change, and bulks up without losing his wiggle, he'd most likely be top 20, maybe higher.
He won't get the chance to play HB at OSU next year either, at least not full time. You guys have some good backs in house already. Kind of an all around shitty situation for Braxton. If he sticks around, it will be interesting to see what Urban comes up with.
Robinson had 4495 yards rushing in his career as a QB at Mich. Miller has 3054 in 3 seasons. In a good season Miller could come close to that number.
But as far as 6'2" 215 not translating to RB.....poppycock. You say if he put on 15-20 pounds he could be better.
Gee....I can think of a guy that was 6'2 232 pounds who played RB........guy named Jim Brown. Ever hear of him? Greatest RB of all time. OJ was also about that same size.
Size isn't the issue...skill/aptitude are.
-
The amount of yards he acquired on the ground to not directly mean he would be a Top 4 HB... if that was the case, then I must have missed you saying Denard would be the top or one of the top HBs in the country. (Though, since he's started in the NFL, I believe only Murrary is getting better numbers). Not to mention, Hyde was a monster and you had a dominant OL last year.
He would definitely be a good college back, especially in the right system. But 6'2" 215lb does not really translate to a HB. He'd be a tall, lanky HB. He's need to bulk up for sure. His durability would be a concern until then. OSU also didn't attempt a ton of passes with him (they didn't need to).
He is definitely shifty. He is definitely a great running QB. That does not mean he'd be a top 5 CFB HB though. I think he'd have to bulk up for sure (Denard put on 15 pounds this offseason). I'll give you this though, there are not a ton of elite backs this year. If he commits to the change, and bulks up without losing his wiggle, he'd most likely be top 20, maybe higher.
He won't get the chance to play HB at OSU next year either, at least not full time. You guys have some good backs in house already. Kind of an all around shitty situation for Braxton. If he sticks around, it will be interesting to see what Urban comes up with.
Robinson had 4495 yards rushing in his career as a QB at Mich. Miller has 3054 in 3 seasons. In a good season Miller could come close to that number.
But as far as 6'2" 215 not translating to RB.....poppycock. You say if he put on 15-20 pounds he could be better.
Gee....I can think of a guy that was 6'2 232 pounds who played RB........guy named Jim Brown. Ever hear of him? Greatest RB of all time. OJ was also about that same size.
Size isn't the issue...skill/aptitude are.
Denard only had 351 yards his freshman year. He was the backup and only ran some gimmicky WildDawg plays. So that's over 4,000 rushing yards in three seasons. ... Oh, and Funchess is a Jr...Robinson had 4495 yards rushing in his career as a QB at Mich. Miller has 3054 in 3 seasons. In a good season Miller could come close to that number.
But as far as 6'2" 215 not translating to RB.....poppycock. You say if he put on 15-20 pounds he could be better.
Gee....I can think of a guy that was 6'2 232 pounds who played RB........guy named Jim Brown. Ever hear of him? Greatest RB of all time. OJ was also about that same size.
Size isn't the issue...skill/aptitude are.
I say he needs to bulk up not so he can be better, but so he can be more durable. 6'2" 215 is not your average HB for a reason, and Braxton has a lanky build. You can look at his build vs HBs of close height and weights, and he looks lankier.
I'm not sure why the Jim Brown comment matters. Besides the fact that the NFL has changed since then, that's also the weight I'm talking about.
I watched some of his highlights yesterday, there are a lot of scrambles out of the pocket for yards. He also had a very, very good team around him.
Size is an issue because durability is an issue. Yes, he'd have to commit to the change. I think he pretty much has all of the running skills needed. Call me biased if you want, but its just not the same situation as Denard. He clearly looked like he could be a HB based on his size, what we gave him, and how he ran.
Again, I think he could be a very good back, but not top 5. Not better than Gordon, Abdullah, Cobb, Coleman, Gurley, Johnson, etc.
-
If I'm Braxton Miller, I transfer to Oregon for a year after Mariota leaves.
-
If I'm Braxton Miller, I transfer to Oregon for a year after Mariota leaves.
If I'm Braxton Miller, I transfer to Oregon for a year after Mariota leaves.
If RRod or Mullen goes to UF, I go there
-
Denard only had 351 yards his freshman year. He was the backup and only ran some gimmicky WildDawg plays. So that's over 4,000 rushing yards in three seasons. ... Oh, and Funchess is a Jr...Robinson had 4495 yards rushing in his career as a QB at Mich. Miller has 3054 in 3 seasons. In a good season Miller could come close to that number.
But as far as 6'2" 215 not translating to RB.....poppycock. You say if he put on 15-20 pounds he could be better.
Gee....I can think of a guy that was 6'2 232 pounds who played RB........guy named Jim Brown. Ever hear of him? Greatest RB of all time. OJ was also about that same size.
Size isn't the issue...skill/aptitude are.
I say he needs to bulk up not so he can be better, but so he can be more durable. 6'2" 215 is not your average HB for a reason, and Braxton has a lanky build. You can look at his build vs HBs of close height and weights, and he looks lankier.
I'm not sure why the Jim Brown comment matters. Besides the fact that the NFL has changed since then, that's also the weight I'm talking about.
I watched some of his highlights yesterday, there are a lot of scrambles out of the pocket for yards. He also had a very, very good team around him.
Size is an issue because durability is an issue. Yes, he'd have to commit to the change. I think he pretty much has all of the running skills needed. Call me biased if you want, but its just not the same situation as Denard. He clearly looked like he could be a HB based on his size, what we gave him, and how he ran.
Again, I think he could be a very good back, but not top 5. Not better than Gordon, Abdullah, Cobb, Coleman, Gurley, Johnson, etc.
Denard only had 351 yards his freshman year. He was the backup and only ran some gimmicky WildDawg plays. So that's over 4,000 rushing yards in three seasons. ... Oh, and Funchess is a Jr...
Well, if you are saying that Robinson was a RB...and not really a QB, I would agree...and his play would tend to prove that.
I say he needs to bulk up not so he can be better, but so he can be more durable. 6'2" 215 is not your average HB for a reason, and Braxton has a lanky build. You can look at his build vs HBs of close height and weights, and he looks lankier.
If he gained those 15 pounds he wouldn't be so lanky......and as for 6'2" 215 not being the average size of a HB, sure.....but 6'2" 230 is the size of some of the very best to ever play RB. : Jim Brown as noted. OJ as noted. Eric Dickerson was 6'3 220. Marcus Allen 6'2" 220. Franco Harris 6'2 230. Corey Dillon 6'1" 225. Stephen Jackson 6'2 240. Eddie George 6'3 235. It is not his height/weight that would be a big issue. Sure, put on a few pounds of muscle would help.
I'm not sure why the Jim Brown comment matters. Besides the fact that the NFL has changed since then, that's also the weight I'm talking about.
In any era, a 6'2" 232 pound RB like JB is a beast.
I watched some of his highlights yesterday, there are a lot of scrambles out of the pocket for yards.
Yea? Well, that is how QBs get there yards. How many scrambles out of the pocket did Robinson have? Most of his yards were gotten that way.
He also had a very, very good team around him.
Size is an issue because durability is an issue. Yes, he'd have to commit to the change. I think he pretty much has all of the running skills needed. Call me biased if you want, but its just not the same situation as Denard. He clearly looked like he could be a HB based on his size, what we gave him, and how he ran.
OK, sure.....Denard should have never been playing QB. Because he wasn't good enough. HB is his natural position. Braxton was/is a far more accomplished QB than Robinson ever could be.
Again, I think he could be a very good back, but not top 5. Not better than Gordon, Abdullah, Cobb, Coleman, Gurley, Johnson, etc.
Well, I am looking at his 1271 and 1068 yard figures, and believe that with a bit more muscle and a bit more training at the position he could do pretty darn good if he were a featured RB. But he may never get that chance.
-
I should have known this would turn into an "anti-Michigan" thing as soon as I replied to you. Just try to leave your Michigan OSU bias at the door for once. Denard was brought up as an example of a successful transition to HB and to point out the differences between him and Braxton. I don't care about how great you think Braxton is or how bad you think Denard is/was. Your bias isn't helping. The topic at hand is about Braxton successfully transitioning to HB and being a top five back. (and the Browns / Jim Brown love fest isn't helping either).
FYI, in comparing the two full years Braxton and Denard started, Denard has more yards, 1 less TD, slightly worse percent completion and more INTs. I definitely wouldn't consider Braxton all world and Denard trash. Saying Braxton is a far more accomplished passer is incorrect, especially when you consider the talent levels surrounding them at the time. Braxton was definitely the better passer, and being taller is huge, but he's not "far more accomplished". Both aren't the greatest passers.
His height and weight are an issue because his durability is an issue. He would have to bulk up to take the hits he'd receive as a HB. If not, he would rei jure himself.
You just thought Denard started for four years and now you're gonna tell me how he got his yards? We called plenty of designed runs with him. QB power, read options, etc. Scrambling was not the main part of his rushing yards. We used him on designed run plays with blocks to follow. This is something Braxton doesn't have as much experience with.
The yardage he gained doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. There are a lot of QBs with rushing yards that couldn't be HBs.
I agree that he'd be "darn good", but you're saying top 5. No way he's a top 5 back when there is legitimate concern he wouldn't last that long.
Now, please respond with more Michigan OSU bias and cause me to have to reply to comments about something I never said or something that is completely off topic.
-
I should have known this would turn into an "anti-Michigan" thing as soon as I replied to you. Just try to leave your Michigan OSU bias at the door for once. Denard was brought up as an example of a successful transition to HB and to point out the differences between him and Braxton. I don't care about how great you think Braxton is or how bad you think Denard is/was. Your bias isn't helping. The topic at hand is about Braxton successfully transitioning to HB and being a top five back. (and the Browns / Jim Brown love fest isn't helping either).
FYI, in comparing the two full years Braxton and Denard started, Denard has more yards, 1 less TD, slightly worse percent completion and more INTs. I definitely wouldn't consider Braxton all world and Denard trash. Saying Braxton is a far more accomplished passer is incorrect, especially when you consider the talent levels surrounding them at the time. Braxton was definitely the better passer, and being taller is huge, but he's not "far more accomplished". Both aren't the greatest passers.
His height and weight are an issue because his durability is an issue. He would have to bulk up to take the hits he'd receive as a HB. If not, he would rei jure himself.
You just thought Denard started for four years and now you're gonna tell me how he got his yards? We called plenty of designed runs with him. QB power, read options, etc. Scrambling was not the main part of his rushing yards. We used him on designed run plays with blocks to follow. This is something Braxton doesn't have as much experience with.
The yardage he gained doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. There are a lot of QBs with rushing yards that couldn't be HBs.
I agree that he'd be "darn good", but you're saying top 5. No way he's a top 5 back when there is legitimate concern he wouldn't last that long.
Now, please respond with more Michigan OSU bias and cause me to have to reply to comments about something I never said or something that is completely off topic.
I should have known this would turn into an "anti-Michigan" thing as soon as I replied to you. Just try to leave your Michigan OSU bias at the door for once. Denard was brought up as an example of a successful transition to HB and to point out the differences between him and Braxton. I don't care about how great you think Braxton is or how bad you think Denard is/was. Your bias isn't helping.
I think you are paranoid. All I did was agree with you that Denard Robinson made a better HB than QB. Are you now disagreeing with yourself?
The topic at hand is about Braxton successfully transitioning to HB and being a top five back. (and the Browns / Jim Brown love fest isn't helping either).
You are the one that claimed that 6'2" was too "lanky:" for a RB. All I did was show you that with about 15 pounds of weight/muscle that Miller would be the same height/weight as JB and others. In other words....it is perfectly relevent to show that a guy that size is perfectly capable of being a good RB.
(or do you still think no on that tall makes a good RB.....if so....go tell that to JB)
FYI, in comparing the two full years Braxton and Denard started, Denard has more yards, 1 less TD, slightly worse percent completion and more INTs. I definitely wouldn't consider Braxton all world and Denard trash. Saying Braxton is a far more accomplished passer is incorrect, especially when you consider the talent levels surrounding them at the time. Braxton was definitely the better passer, and being taller is huge, but he's not "far more accomplished". Both aren't the greatest passers.
Braxton: taller, stronger arm, more accurate, better all around QB.
His height and weight are an issue because his durability is an issue. He would have to bulk up to take the hits he'd receive as a HB. If not, he would rei jure himself.
Height and weight are not an issue....but durability is. Again, if Miller had 15 more pounds he would be same height/weight as JB. JB never missed a game.
With just like 5 more pounds he would be same height/weight as Marcus Allen. Allen was very durable. Durability alone is the issue....and yes, with Miller it is an issue. Not whether or not he could gain a few pounds. And Miller's shoulder was hurt as a result of his arm being hit on a pass. That had nothing to do with his height/weight.
You just thought Denard started for four years and now you're gonna tell me how he got his yards? We called plenty of designed runs with him. QB power, read options, etc. Scrambling was not the main part of his rushing yards. We used him on designed run plays with blocks to follow. This is something Braxton doesn't have as much experience with.
The yardage he gained doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. There are a lot of QBs with rushing yards that couldn't be HBs.
Maybe so, you never know until he does it.
I agree that he'd be "darn good", but you're saying top 5. No way he's a top 5 back when there is legitimate concern he wouldn't last that long.
I don't think it is going to matter, I don't think Miller will want to "transition" to RB. He will want to remain a QB. Whether or not he could make a good NFL QB is speculative. He could probably do very well in Canada. Not sure what he will want.
Now, please respond with more Michigan OSU bias and cause me to have to reply to comments about something I never said or something that is completely off topic.
-
Now, please respond with more Michigan OSU bias and cause me to have to reply to comments about something I never said or something that is completely off topic.
Your wish is my command. Here are some QB stats. Tell me which set belongs to whom:
139/227 1557 yds. 61.2% 6.86 ypa 8 TDs 13 Ints.
150/233 2156 yds 64.4% 9.25 ypa 26 TDs 7 Ints.
-
Idc, I'm ignoring the OSU Michigan bias stuff. Every time we have these back and forth, that is what you turn it into. You present incorrect info in defense of your stance, and then try to turn the whole convo into you ripping on Michigan. It's old. I can see through it. Any unbiased person could. If you don't see what you did originally than that proves me point.
I always posted "6'2" 215" for a reason. 6'2" by itself does not make him lanky, though it is a little tall for a HB. That's why the weight is important. Also, you can see in pictures he's not currently built like a HB. Add that to his injury history and that makes durability issues. He would have to bulk up, and then we'd see from there. You didn't "who me" anything, I've been saying from the beginning he needs to add weight. Until he does, its an issue.
I don't care whether he wants to make the transition or not. Going full Tim Tebow about it is a terrible idea for him. The hypothetical here is whether ir not he could be a top 5 HB, not whether or not he'd want to try to be a Hb.
I'm saying yardage doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. That's easy to see. Theres the build of the runner, the runs he made, how he got those yards, etc etc.
I've presented my points as to why I don't think he'd be top five. I've even asked the opinion of OSU fans/students I know and they agree. You've talked about Jim Brown.
-
Idc, I'm ignoring the OSU Michigan bias stuff. Every time we have these back and forth, that is what you turn it into. You present incorrect info in defense of your stance, and then try to turn the whole convo into you ripping on Michigan. It's old. I can see through it. Any unbiased person could. If you don't see what you did originally than that proves me point.
I always posted "6'2" 215" for a reason. 6'2" by itself does not make him lanky, though it is a little tall for a HB. That's why the weight is important. Also, you can see in pictures he's not currently built like a HB. Add that to his injury history and that makes durability issues. He would have to bulk up, and then we'd see from there. You didn't "who me" anything, I've been saying from the beginning he needs to add weight. Until he does, its an issue.
I don't care whether he wants to make the transition or not. Going full Tim Tebow about it is a terrible idea for him. The hypothetical here is whether ir not he could be a top 5 HB, not whether or not he'd want to try to be a Hb.
I'm saying yardage doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. That's easy to see. Theres the build of the runner, the runs he made, how he got those yards, etc etc.
I've presented my points as to why I don't think he'd be top five. I've even asked the opinion of OSU fans/students I know and they agree. You've talked about Jim Brown.
Idc, I'm ignoring the OSU Michigan bias stuff. Every time we have these back and forth, that is what you turn it into.
No, it is YOU that turns it into that. You cannot go a single thread without propping up some average Michigan player. YOU are the one that brought Denard Robinson into this. You are the one that argues with everything that may be said on here about Ohio St. ....and try to disrespect their players and program. Don't bring up fucking Michigan in every single one of your posts,.....and we won't talk about them or their players. Are you really to fatuous to realize that this ALL comes from your actions, not mine?
You present incorrect info in defense of your stance, and then try to turn the whole convo into you ripping on Michigan.
First off, none of my info is incorrect....you may not like the infor because it does not prop up your delusions....but it is correct.
And I am not the one who turns these conversation into a rip Michigan session. QUIT bringing up fucking Michigan players to compare them to Ohio State players and no one will talk about their sorry asses. YOU are the one that brought silly little Denard into a conversation about Braxton Miller. I simply carried on with the comparison.
Take responsibility for your own actions son. Don't try to pawn off blame if you will onto others for your own action.
You reap what you sow....and if you want to bring comparisons of everything that is said and done on here to some Michigan guy....so be it. Don't Whine about the actions you brought upon yourself.
It's old. I can see through it. Any unbiased person could. If you don't see what you did originally than that proves me point.
I always posted "6'2" 215" for a reason. 6'2" by itself does not make him lanky, though it is a little tall for a HB. That's why the weight is important. Also, you can see in pictures he's not currently built like a HB. Add that to his injury history and that makes durability issues. He would have to bulk up, and then we'd see from there. You didn't "who me" anything, I've been saying from the beginning he needs to add weight. Until he does, its an issue.
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It isn't for you to decide what is or is not an issue.
I don't care whether he wants to make the transition or not.
I don't care either. And I don't care that you don't care. But you are talking about it. If you don't care, quit talking.
Going full Tim Tebow about it is a terrible idea for him. The hypothetical here is whether ir not he could be a top 5 HB, not whether or not he'd want to try to be a Hb.
No one would know the answer to that until he actually does it. You think you know....but you don't know. I think he would be pretty good at is just as he is. He already gained over 1200 yards at QB. He might be able to do the same at HB...or better. Or he may need those few extra pounds. Or he may not. No one really knows. I think he could do fine as is, maybe better with a little more muscle. You think the worse of any Ohio State player. So you have no credibility.
I'm saying yardage doesn't directly translate to being a good HB. That's easy to see. Theres the build of the runner, the runs he made, how he got those yards, etc etc.
Why do you think a running back is back there? To prune tulips? Of course yardage translates to how good a back you are. You gain a lot of yards, you are considered a good RB. You don't, you aren't. There have been ALL types of runners with all types of builds that have been good, from 6'4" Brandon Jacobs and 6'3" Eric Dickerson to the Darren Sproles 5'5 5'6 types.
I've presented my points as to why I don't think he'd be top five. I've even asked the opinion of OSU fans/students I know and they agree.
Yea, you said because of his build. And now we have debunked the fact that build per se would be an automatic qualifier as all kinds of guys with all kinds of builds have been successful runners.
http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonjacobs/2506448/profile
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SproDa00.htm
You've talked about Jim Brown.
Yes, because he is the best RB ever....and this IS a conversation about Running Backs.....and because....going back to build, he is very similar in build to Miller.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login